PDA

View Full Version : Need to remove dickpro plus lnb

x42cs
10-24-2011, 11:55 PM
Hay guys in need to send back dickpro plus lnbs set and would like to replace them with a new set (bracket 2 lnbs and a switch) to use with sv 4000 fta
my questions are, can i just install a new Y bracket, lnbs and switch and not have to re aim the dish or do i need to do more than that. Also if it is possible can some one post a link to where i can buy or hint me in the right diction

ps this for my Dad in Florida and i live in Ontario so i can not just run down and help the Old man out.

Thanks for any help

StanW
10-25-2011, 12:05 AM
It would be simpler to replace the dpp by the same . You can purchase lnbs just about any place that deals with sat equipment - fleabay would be a good starting point .

x42cs
10-25-2011, 12:19 AM
will that work using the same? (dpp is dishpro plus lnb is it not or am i wrong)because i thought they draw to much power to run there internal switch when using a sv4000 stb it not that would be great will it need an external power source

keeping it as simple as possible for the old man would be great

think i posted this in the wrong place and should be in the hardware section my bad Can a Mod please move for me Sorry

torpainter
10-25-2011, 12:28 AM
buy a dishpro twin

x42cs
10-25-2011, 12:44 AM
so a dishpro twin will work with the sv 4000 with a standard switch or internal switch? and there will be no aiming of the dish.

If so that would be great the old man is loosing it

correction his stb is not a sv 4000 its an sv 360 Elite my bad does that change anything

stman
10-25-2011, 01:17 AM
so a dishpro twin will work with the sv 4000 with a standard switch or internal switch? and there will be no aiming of the dish. If so that would be great the old man is loosing it correction his stb is not a sv 4000 its an sv 360 Elite my bad does that change anything A DP twin has an internal switch port 1 = 119 and port 2 = 110. It will be plug and play basically.

jazzman
10-25-2011, 02:41 AM
Another DishPro Plus will also work fine with the elite as long as you don't hook another lnb to the "in" port. This way all your settings stay the same.