PDA

View Full Version : M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Monson’ comes with $30 PPV pricetag, 7:30 a.m. ET start time

kenggd
11-06-2011, 10:15 PM
If you want to see Fedor Emelianenko's next fight, be prepared to set your alarm clocks.

The former PRIDE great and recent Strikeforce fighter meets onetime UFC title challenger Jeff Monson on Sunday, Nov. 20, at "M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Monson," which takes place at Olympic Arena in Moscow.

The pay-per-view event comes with a $29.95 pricetag, and the broadcast begins at 7:30 a.m. ET (4:30 a.m. PT). Same-day replays are available.

The PPV can be purchased through iN Demand, DIRECTV, DISH Network and Avail-TVN.

Emelianenko (31-4) fights for the first time since a three-fight losing skid to notables Dan Henderson, Antonio Silva and Fabricio Werdum under the Strikeforce banner. Monson (43-12) is 9-1 over his past 10 fights, and the lone loss came to fast-rising Daniel Cormier at a June Strikeforce event.

"I cannot wait to compete again," Emelianenko stated. "Monson is a great athlete who is skilled in many areas. He is a very worthy opponent."

In the night's co-feature, M-1 Challenge light-heavyweight champion Jose Figueroa (10-4) puts his belt on the line against Daniel Weichel (27-7).

In all, the PPV broadcast features five fights.

The full card includes:

Fedor Emelianenko (31-4) vs. Jeff Monson (43-12)
Jose Figueroa (10-4) vs. Daniel Weichel (27-7) - for light-heavyweight title
Juan Manuel Suarez (8-0) vs. Aleksander Yakoviev (12-3)
Mairbek Taisumov (15-3) vs. Josh Thorpe (10-6)
Xavier Foupa-Pokam (21-16) vs. Arthur Guseinov (9-2)

toenail
02-28-2012, 03:06 PM
although fedor won this fight i find it sad how less than two years ago he was such a big deal in russia, i believe all that fame is gone now, talk about depressing