PDA

View Full Version : sw44+2bev subs+ 4x1 diseq+ 1fta help with swicthes setup

TroyBlack
11-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Ok so i have 2 bev sub recievers running off an sw44 with 82/91 on one dish, then i have my nanosat premium se running off a 4x1 diseq and 110,119,91 on another dish. My problem is that not only am i not getting the 82 feed on my fta but i'm getting a week signal on a few TP's on the 91 feed since its the toughest angle lnb and its only a 24' elliptical.

My question is how can i use the feed from my 82/91 dish with the sw44 in to my nanosat along with my 110/119 feed from my other dish and the 4x1 diseq?? If possible i would also like to keep my second bev sub working alongside my nanosat as well.

I'm thinking i need a 22khz switch in here somewhere? please help. thanks.

blewie
11-06-2011, 11:36 PM
sw44 and diseq into the 22khz then into the receiver. i have 2x diseq running into a 22khz then into one receiver. the signal goes down but the q stays the same for me.

TroyBlack
11-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Ok I figured that much now is there a way I can also keep my bev receiver alive with that same feed? Perhaps if I put a splitter before the 22khz on the dp44 feed as long only either the bev receiver or my fta were on one at a time it should work?

blewie
11-07-2011, 01:48 AM
if you have a dual LNB i think their is a powered switch that you run the bev into split it in two then one goes into the paid bev one and the other half goes to the 22htz. i cant remember what the switch is called, but i know it is possible. sorry i couldn't help you more and hope this pushed you in the right direction.

dishuser
11-07-2011, 01:55 AM
if you have a dual LNB i think their is a powered switch that you run the bev into split it in two then one goes into the paid bev one and the other half goes to the 22htz. i cant remember what the switch is called, but i know it is possible. sorry i couldn't help you more and hope this pushed you in the right direction.the sw44 is a powered switch

TroyBlack
11-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Is there a better option possibly? Like perhaps there's a couple switches I can place in between the 82/91 lnbs and the sw44 to take a feed from 82/91 directly in to my 4x1 diseq that feeds my nanosat instead?

Terryl
11-07-2011, 02:33 AM
Are you using a SW44 or a DP44 switch?

Some of the older SW44 switches are legacy switches and might not be compatible with your LNB's, what type of LNB's you have would help us a bit.

TroyBlack
11-07-2011, 02:46 AM
It's a newer sw44 using the D shape circular dual lnbs. I really just want to tap in to the 91 feed I've done some searching and can I use a 3x4 in between the 91 lnb and the sw44 then from the extra port in the 3x4 go in to my diseq that's feeding my nanosat?

blewie
11-07-2011, 02:51 AM
the sw44 is a powered switch

that's the one i was thinking of

ottid142
11-07-2011, 04:40 AM
It's a newer sw44 using the D shape circular dual lnbs. I really just want to tap in to the 91 feed I've done some searching and can I use a 3x4 in between the 91 lnb and the sw44 then from the extra port in the 3x4 go in to my diseq that's feeding my nanosat?

Yes you can feed the SW44 off two of the outputs of the 3x4 switch. It will leave you 2 outputs on the 3x4 that you can use for FTA. BTW there is no special settings for the 3x4 switch. It could almost be called the satellite equivalant of a cable splitter.

WillDekkard
11-07-2011, 06:06 AM
I think you don't quite have it right? Sounds to me that you need to place a 3x4 multiswitch on 82W as you have 91W on your 119/110/91 dish. You can then feed 119, 110, 91, and 82(from the 3x4) into your 4x1 DiSEqC switch, which in turn feeds to your FTA receiver. Remember, you will most likely need to run a "check switch" on your Bell receivers after you have effected the changes to your set up. Highly recommend that all dishes, cables, and switches be grounded.

ottid142
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I think you don't quite have it right? Sounds to me that you need to place a 3x4 multiswitch on 82W as you have 91W on your 119/110/91 dish. You can then feed 119, 110, 91, and 82(from the 3x4) into your 4x1 DiSEqC switch, which in turn feeds to your FTA receiver. Remember, you will most likely need to run a "check switch" on your Bell receivers after you have effected the changes to your set up. Highly recommend that all dishes, cables, and switches be grounded.

Nice catch Will. My interpetation of the Op was he wanted to use the 91 feed off his sub dish because he was getting weak signal off his eliptical. he could connect 3x4s between both the 82 and 91 LNBs and feed both signals to his Diseqc switch. Last time I tested Bev STBs in this particular setup the bev equipment didnt even see that the 3x4 switches were present so no check switch was needed but that was several years ago so it might not be a bad idea. It wont hurt to do the check switch.

TroyBlack
11-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Nice catch Will. My interpetation of the Op was he wanted to use the 91 feed off his sub dish because he was getting weak signal off his eliptical. he could connect 3x4s between both the 82 and 91 LNBs and feed both signals to his Diseqc switch. Last time I tested Bev STBs in this particular setup the bev equipment didnt even see that the 3x4 switches were present so no check switch was needed but that was several years ago so it might not be a bad idea. It wont hurt to do the check switch.

yes you have it right i was just trying to tap in to the 91 feed on my sub dish because of weak signal on my fta dish, not bothering with 82 on my fta since its non hd box. Thanks for all the help i ended up having an empty output port on my sw44 switch on my sub dish so i just routed that to a 22khz, along with my diseq with 110 and 119 on it, and then to my reciever, works perfectly and doesnt effect my sub recievers whatsoever.

ottid142
11-08-2011, 05:04 AM
yes you have it right i was just trying to tap in to the 91 feed on my sub dish because of weak signal on my fta dish, not bothering with 82 on my fta since its non hd box. Thanks for all the help i ended up having an empty output port on my sw44 switch on my sub dish so i just routed that to a 22khz, along with my diseq with 110 and 119 on it, and then to my reciever, works perfectly and doesnt effect my sub recievers whatsoever.

You could connect the SW44 directly to your Diseqc switch and eliminate the 21kHz switch.

WillDekkard
11-08-2011, 06:22 AM
If you have a feed from an output port of your SW44 switch then you have accessed 91 & 82(yes there are SD channels on 82 even if it is mostly HD). However, most FTA receivers do NOT play nice with SW44 switches. So did it work? Were you able to scan in 91's channels or 82's channels for that matter? Does your receiver have SW44 legacy switch settings?

You could connect the SW44 directly to your Diseqc switch and eliminate the 21kHz switch.
I think you meant 22KHz switch, but correct if the SW44 works behind the DiSEqC switch? . . . ? As you know, the majority of FTA receivers do not play nice with SW44 switches or am I missing something here, perhaps lost in translation or something else? . . . ?

ottid142
11-08-2011, 11:05 PM
If you have a feed from an output port of your SW44 switch then you have accessed 91 & 82(yes there are SD channels on 82 even if it is mostly HD). However, most FTA receivers do NOT play nice with SW44 switches. So did it work? Were you able to scan in 91's channels or 82's channels for that matter? Does your receiver have SW44 legacy switch settings?

The key question here is was he able to scan ALL the channels on 91 or just the channels on the H TPs or the channels on the V TPs. That is the only way to tell if the STB is playing nice with the SW44. TroyBlack might also try using the SW42 settings rathing than the SW44 setting as that sometimes works

I think you meant 22KHz switch, but correct if the SW44 works behind the DiSEqC switch? . . . ? As you know, the majority of FTA receivers do not play nice with SW44 switches or am I missing something here, perhaps lost in translation or something else? . . . ?

I have not tested the SW44/Diseqc combination since back in the N2 days with my VSPro. It worked then so I think it should still work. the only to tell is to test it. I really would be nice if TroyBlack reports back on what he finds with his testing with his SE so we can all add to our knowledge database.

Based on what I have seen at Lynsat it appears lile 82w is strickly HD. I think I read a post here a couple months ago saying Bev moved all the SD channels to 91W in preparation for launching a new bird at that location.

WillDekkard
11-09-2011, 06:14 AM
I have not tested the SW44/Diseqc combination since back in the N2 days with my VSPro. It worked then so I think it should still work. the only to tell is to test it. I really would be nice if TroyBlack reports back on what he finds with his testing with his SE so we can all add to our knowledge database.

Based on what I have seen at Lynsat it appears lile 82w is strickly HD. I think I read a post here a couple months ago saying Bev moved all the SD channels to 91W in preparation for launching a new bird at that location.

Lyngsat is not up to date, though it still shows 3 TPs that are SD. I still count 22 SD channels on that sat., along with 14 radio channels.

You are correct that the SW42 setting most likely will work, providing the receiver has one.

TroyBlack
11-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Sorry guys been busy lately . I used the extra port from my sw44 switch and ran it thru the 22khz and it works great sorta. Here's the issue i had to first wire the cable direct to my nanosat to get all the channels to download cause if I left the 22khz inline it would only download a quarter of the channels. Now once there downloaded and the 22khz is back inline it works perfect.

Now this is only for 91 what I can't figure out is why can't I get any 82 in since I'm tapping directly in to that sw44? Is there a setting in my sat setup I need to change? I tried everything but only shows 91

I'd like to get 82 since there are channels there not available on 91 good ones to like radx

WillDekkard
11-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Sorry guys been busy lately . I used the extra port from my sw44 switch and ran it thru the 22khz and it works great sorta. Here's the issue i had to first wire the cable direct to my nanosat to get all the channels to download cause if I left the 22khz inline it would only download a quarter of the channels. Now once there downloaded and the 22khz is back inline it works perfect.

Now this is only for 91 what I can't figure out is why can't I get any 82 in since I'm tapping directly in to that sw44? Is there a setting in my sat setup I need to change? I tried everything but only shows 91

I'd like to get 82 since there are channels there not available on 91 good ones to like radx

What "Legacy" settings are you using on your nanosat? Post your settings for 91 so we can take a look and advise. Perhaps there is something simple you just overlooked?

TroyBlack
11-11-2011, 06:03 PM
What "Legacy" settings are you using on your nanosat? Post your settings for 91 so we can take a look and advise. Perhaps there is something simple you just overlooked?

What do you mean by "legacy" settings? I don't see any legacy options. Here's what my settings look like:
Sat: nimiq1
DiseqC:none
DiseqC 1.1:none
Tp frequency:12224
Lnb:11250
22khz:ON
Multi dish switch: SW44 dish 1
Search options: all channels
Lnb power: ON

TroyBlack
11-11-2011, 06:06 PM
When I go to say nimiq4 I used the same settings except changed multi dish switch to :SW44 dish 2 I got no quality signal on 12224 tp but got full signal on 12443 and said 82w but only scans in 15 channels?

ottid142
11-11-2011, 06:40 PM
What do you mean by "legacy" settings? I don't see any legacy options. Here's what my settings look like:
Sat: nimiq1
DiseqC:none
DiseqC 1.1:none
Tp frequency:12224
Lnb:11250
22khz:ON
Multi dish switch: SW44 dish 1
Search options: all channels
Lnb power: ON

The Legacy Settings are the Multi Dish Switch settings, different receivers call them by different names. The SW44 is considered a Legacy Switch.

When I go to say nimiq4 I used the same settings except changed multi dish switch to :SW44 dish 2 I got no quality signal on 12224 tp but got full signal on 12443 and said 82w but only scans in 15 channels?

I think your problem might be a conflict between the 22kHz switch and the SW44. You could try moving the SW44 connection to the OFF side of the 22kHz switch. However what I would actually recommend you do is get rid of the 22kHz switch totally. You can connect the output of the SW44 directly to your 4x1 Disecq and make the required adjustments in your Antenna Settings. The more switches you have in a setup the more areas you have for potential problems, so why have a switch that is not needed.
As I said in a previous post there are very few SD channels on 82 and your receiver will not scan in any of the HD channels so consider yourself luck in being able to scan in 15

TroyBlack
11-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Well in that case my setup is working perfectly. I did not realize the channels would not scan in because my box is not hd. Thanks

WillDekkard
11-12-2011, 06:15 AM
I have to agreed with ottid142, that it would be best to eliminate that 22KHz switch. In fact, I have seen that depending were the switch is located(long distance from the receiver) it can impede connection and/or the ability to scan in channels.

FTA receivers will scan in HD channels that are MPEG-2, which is few and far between. However, you will get those SD channels, 15 ain't bad. They consist of some locals and internationals, mostly.