PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cancelled

whiteheather
12-03-2011, 03:49 AM
Today on the news it was announced that a school in Cambridge. Ontario. Canada has cancelled their Christmas Concert, to the great annoyance to many parents, the reason given was that around 9 of the students do not celebrate nor believe in Christmas. during rehearsals for the "Christmas" Concert Christmas. the students were located in the schools office.
the parents of the 9? complained of being segregated......................Hold on folks it is your choice not to participate in the celebrations, because of your beliefs, which I repect. now you are in OUR Country, you chose to come to Canada, and accept the Canadian way of life and our laws of the land...........Celebrating CHRISTMAS is part of our way of life, therefor with respect I suggest you consider in returning to your homeland. I wonder if I was in your country, and objected to your beliefs, what would my fate be... Christmas Greetings from
Whiteheather...............................

scooby8888
12-03-2011, 04:03 AM
totally agreed.
my cousins school cancelled halloween last year because the principal didn't believe in it. come on enough is enough let the kids be kids this is getting way out of hand.

mr flint
12-03-2011, 04:03 AM
i agree with you 100 % i live just out side of cambridge here ib waterloo they were going to call the xmas tree a seasonal tree bunch of peeps went ape **** and now called the christmas tree

Night_Predator
12-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Bah Humbug to quote Mr Scrooge. Or have we turned it around to "the needs of the few out way the needs of the many"? And what’s next? Will they take away Peanut butter and jelly because a few kids out of thousands are allergic to it? Oh that’s right that’s already been done!

Bigpineguy Retired
12-03-2011, 11:04 AM
That's just sad.... Keep Christ in your Christmas , and in your hearts...

BPG~

whiteheather
12-03-2011, 10:30 PM
yes. keep it in our hearts, Christmas is ours to keep....w/h

The Cobra
12-03-2011, 10:39 PM
With you all the way whiteheather...did you by chance catch the name of the school??

KIDWCKED
12-03-2011, 10:51 PM
They feel segregated!!And want to ruin a Christmas tradition??Who ever cancelled this should get a plane ticket with the 9 others and fly out of here!!

anyonomus
12-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Cambridge Public School in Embrun ON

hxxp://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-christmas-back-to-cambridge-public-school/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=button

The Cobra
12-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Cambridge Public School in Embrun ON

hxxp://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-christmas-back-to-cambridge-public-school/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=button

BINGO.....thanx Any, you`re the best........and it`s a public school to boot......time them little party poopers and their MP heard from a little of the tax paying public me thinks.

Nostradamus
12-04-2011, 01:48 AM
They feel segregated!!And want to ruin a Christmas tradition??Who ever cancelled this should get a plane ticket with the 9 others and fly out of here!!

I am with you all the way Todd, only problem is if you offered all the whiners free tickets back to the homeland none would go because they would have to give up the free medical, welfare and special grants the gov't sets them up with. I wonder how they deal with whiners in the old country? hmmmm ....

The Cobra
12-04-2011, 02:05 AM
I am with you all the way Todd, only problem is if you offered all the whiners free tickets back to the homeland none would go because they would have to give up the free medical, welfare and special grants the gov't sets them up with. I wonder how they deal with whiners in the old country? hmmmm ....

And now you know pal....and it was a decent idea in some cases.

http://www.roebuckclasses.com/101/images/modern/11Hanging.jpg

sneerboy
12-04-2011, 02:16 AM
Another tradition dissolves, along with the Lord's prayer and singing the national anthem, all in the name of multi-culturalism and political correctness. Makes me wanna puke. :(

4me2c
12-04-2011, 02:17 AM
If they don't like it, they don't have to go...after-all, it is Not a required course, attendance is not mandatory... 12334

The Cobra
12-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Another tradition dissolves, along with the Lord's prayer and singing the national anthem, all in the name of multi-culturalism and political correctness. Makes me wanna puke. :(

It`ll only dissolve if we have become so apathetic as a people that we sit around and let it...we can surely light a fire in their MP`s behind if Canadians let him know he`ll never get another vote and the gravy train he rides is over. It`s about the only way to get a politician moving that I know of.

4me2c
12-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Just C/P into Your Browser...

http://www.riversongs.com/e-cards/funny-christmas-video.html

whiteheather
12-04-2011, 02:44 AM
Whilst I am extremely annoyed that we have to suffer because of others beliefs, and mostly they call it "political correctness" it's about time politicians stood up for Canadians, and OUR BELIEFS
however lets not get too political as it takes everything away from the meaning of the original post.....thanks to you all who wrote your opinions and notes................w/h

anyonomus
12-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Whilst I am extremely annoyed that we have to suffer because of others beliefs, and mostly they call it "political correctness" it's about time politicians stood up for Canadians, and OUR BELIEFS
however lets not get too political as it takes everything away from the meaning of the original post.....thanks to you all who wrote your opinions and notes................w/h

It will also get this good thread closed..lol

sneerboy
12-04-2011, 03:03 AM
[QUOTE=4me2c;573344]Just C/P into Your Browser...

http://www.riversongs.com/e-cards/funny-christmas-video.html [QUOTE]

Lol, that was fun, tnx. :)

chicot60
12-07-2011, 04:09 PM
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — A crowd of carolers singing "O Christmas Tree" has interrupted the annual tree lighting at the Rhode Island Statehouse after Gov. Lincoln Chafee unwrapped a holiday hubbub by calling the evergreen a "holiday" tree.

Chafee presided over Tuesday's tree lighting. He tells The Associated Press that he didn't seek to create controversy. He says the word "holiday" respects the state's founding as a haven for religious diversity. Previous governors have also used the term.

The move angered many in this heavily Catholic state. During Tuesday's ceremony, several protesters interrupted a children's choir performance to loudly sing "O Christmas Tree."

Ken Schiano attended because he wanted to stand against what he says is Chafee's attempt at secularizing the holiday. The Cranston man says Chafee's word choice is insulting to the state's Christians.

Earlier: RI governor gets 3,600 calls opposing holiday tree
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Thousands of people have lodged complaints over independent Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee's (CHAY'-feez) decision to call a spruce erected at the Statehouse a holiday tree and not a Christmas tree.

Chafee spokeswoman Christine Hunsinger says his office has received 3,600 telephone calls of protest since Fox News included his office number in a piece on the tree squabble last week. All but 700 of the calls were from out of state. Ninety-two callers supported Chafee.

Chafee says the word "holiday" is inclusive and reflects Rhode Island's origins as a haven for religious diversity. Previous governors also used the term to describe Statehouse trees.

Chafee will host a tree lighting ceremony Tuesday evening. A Republican state lawmaker upset with Chafee's terminology plans to decorate a Christmas tree outside her Statehouse office at the same time.