PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar VS Overeem in UFC 141

blindliquor
12-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Is Lesnar still fighting Overeem in the 141UFC ??..I heard Overeem dropped out..??..Can anybody confirm this..

rooster60
12-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Yes, that fight is still a go.
Lesnar vs. Overeem for UFC 141 and the winner fights JDS for the title at some point in 2012.
Who are you picking?

painterman
12-12-2011, 05:31 AM
I am so looking forward to this fight. I think it is on Dec 30. I will be watching it and hoping to see Brock Lesnar get his butt kicked. This guy I cannot stand. He has too big of a head. I hope Overeem shuts him up with a knockout. YES!!!

homerdaisy
12-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I will take any and all bets from those betting AGAINST Lesnar. Hate as you will, the man is incredibly fast for his size and can take a punch as well. I got rich his first fight against Frank Mir in the bar. I was the only one cheering at the end of the fight!

Cheers Homer

blindliquor
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes, that fight is still a go.
Lesnar vs. Overeem for UFC 141 and the winner fights JDS for the title at some point in 2012.
Who are you picking?I think im going for Overeem !!!..hes even bigger then Lesnar..it should be an interesting fight..!!

ft@t@lk™
12-12-2011, 04:10 PM
I will take any and all bets from those betting AGAINST Lesnar. Hate as you will, the man is incredibly fast for his size and can take a punch as well. I got rich his first fight against Frank Mir in the bar. I was the only one cheering at the end of the fight!
Cheers Homer

you bet against Lesnar? cuz he lost his first fight against Mir if you recall

kiryjuan
12-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes is out and Frank Mir is ready to take his places.

kenkell1
12-13-2011, 02:36 AM
Lesnar cant take being hit and has a glass jaw. Mir proved this when he schooled Lesnar.
I say Lesnar is going to get pummeled :)

bandit2804
12-13-2011, 02:56 AM

Cheers Homeri still remember when your hero flipped the bird at who pays his salary the fans and sponsers(bud light suxany ways was his word) i hope he gets beat down bad!!!!!!

blindliquor
12-13-2011, 03:17 AM

Cheers Homer
well..Put it like this....!!..In A Nut Shell..!!..Overeem has a hell of a lot more MMA Experience then Lesnar..!!..And also ...Overeem is a very big Man too !!..So do the Math !!

hoopty
12-13-2011, 03:26 AM
anybody watch overeems last fight?? sorry but i dont care much for either one but overeem will take an a__ kicking. no gas. dana white will be laughing all the way to the bank. jmo.

TLG
12-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Lesnar cant take being hit and has a glass jaw. Mir proved this when he schooled Lesnar.
I say Lesnar is going to get pummeled :)

Mir schooled Lesner ??
I recall a tapout due to an arm hold,, which Mir didn't let go even after the ref called the fight
which is what got Lesner so pissed off,,, when he got into the rink the second time he gave Mir a s**t kicking!!

kenkell1
12-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Mir schooled Lesner ??
I recall a tapout due to an arm hold,, which Mir didn't let go even after the ref called the fight
which is what got Lesner so pissed off,,, when he got into the rink the second time he gave Mir a s**t kicking!!

He made Lesnar tap out in the first round and yes that is schooled. The last fight was a joke and Lesnar came darn close to losing and should have.
He is a crappy UFC fighter and just because he is freeky strong doesn't mean much in UFC.

LuckyLarry
12-14-2011, 12:41 AM

Cheers Homer
Another MMA expert that's dead wrong:Mir made baby hughie tap out in their first fight.Get your facts straight.
p.s..lesnar is a goof, trying to bring the wwf to the ufc.

TLG
12-14-2011, 03:14 AM
He made Lesnar tap out in the first round and yes that is schooled. The last fight was a joke and Lesnar came darn close to losing and should have.
He is a crappy UFC fighter and just because he is freeky strong doesn't mean much in UFC.

Its just that these MMA fighters put in a lot of hours in the dojo practising repeatative kicks and punches and blocks and technics over and over for hours and days and years,, after all that blood sweat and tears to go in the rink and finish a competition with a submission , although its a win, its hardly a schooling,,, a schooling is what Nor. did to Ortiz,,, he beat him into a fetus position. Now that was a schooling!!

jriver309
12-16-2011, 02:26 AM
I thought Mir had Brock in a kneebar in the first fight making him tap

blindliquor
12-16-2011, 02:44 AM
I would tell yah all what I think...... But !!! I don't want nobody mad at me..lol
.......Let's Get It On !!!!

hockeynut
12-17-2011, 12:36 AM
I thought Mir had Brock in a kneebar in the first fight making him tap

Corect. Mir won the first fight and Brock the second fight

fputs
12-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Brock will get knocked out. He will likely shoot for the takedown and Overeem will throw a flying knee straight to the top of the head.

zoogor
12-22-2011, 10:19 AM
i dont like brock, never have but if comes back to win this fight (and i hope he does) then he has my respect. i think brocks agility will be the factor in this one.

kenkell1
12-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Brock is a Loser and this proves he is a goof as well. Hope they throw the book at the poacher. <br />
<br />
Ultimate fighter Brock Lesnar has been charged with illegal hunting practices after a November 2010...

zoogor
12-22-2011, 07:39 PM
wow, hunting out of season...no way he can win the fight then. lol. <br />
<br />
maybe he's starving and needs the food.

hoopty
12-23-2011, 03:48 AM
as i said earlier. brock will pumble him.

burnsy
12-23-2011, 04:19 AM
Don't count on Lesner winning he will be facing Frank not Overeem so round 3 here we go say nighty night Brock, Frank is in much better condition this time Brock will have to move faster then the deer he poached

space_mountain
12-23-2011, 06:01 PM
he's not fighting Mir, Overeem got his license last week, he just has to pass two more drug test before the fight and two after. The guy skipped the country after submitting a wrong sample and was at risk of losing his bout with Lesnar.

Mir was asked to step in if Overeem didnt comply, which he did. The fight is on.

I pick Lesnar to win this. The man was humbled by Velasquez, watch all the press conferences, Overeem is the one shooting his mouth off, Lesnar is remaining tight lipped about the fight and is walking around at his old fight weight of 280 lbs. He'll drop down to 265 to meet the cap then put the 15 - 20 lbs back on for the fight just like he used to when he first started. Lesnar will have his hands full, no doubt about that, but the boy is hungry for the gold again, and has way more determination than Overeem. He needed the loss to bring him back to earth and get his head on straight.

space_mountain
12-23-2011, 06:05 PM
and he paid a fine of $1500 for the hunting incident in Alberta

disco242424
12-29-2011, 12:56 AM
I still can't beleive how big Overeem has gotten since his old days in Pride. I'm not saying it's anything illegal but he has put on a lot of mass. I'm cheering fro Lensner but I thing he will have his hands full if the fight stays standing.

fputs
12-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Unless Lesnar is able to get an early 1st round take down, I don't see how Brock can sustain against a veteran striker in Overeem.

kenkell1
12-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Ok all you Brock fans....what happened to him last night? LMAO!!!!

He folded like a cheap Walmart tent and once again proved he doesnt belong in the UFC and can not take a hit. The only diff this time was he fought someone his actual size and got the crap kicked out him....oh yes...SCHOOLED :)

ft@t@lk™
12-31-2011, 04:51 PM
ya, that was schooled alright....dang Overeem made quick work of him

I think Lesnar might want to go back to WWE where he can have his wins scripted lol

space_mountain
01-01-2012, 12:05 AM
I admit the better man won, sorry to see him leave, but now the HW division has lost their biggest PPV draw and really whos left thats really worth watching, say what you will about the man, but he was a printing press for cash for that company. Ppl paid to see him win and see him lose, cant say that about anyone else.

pugsycan
01-01-2012, 04:24 PM
I admit the better man won, sorry to see him leave, but now the HW division has lost their biggest PPV draw and really whos left thats really worth watching, say what you will about the man, but he was a printing press for cash for that company. Ppl paid to see him win and see him lose, cant say that about anyone else. I agree with that fully I just wish that they (UFC or his trainers) had trained him to fight more than just wrestling He is deadly IF he gets his hands on you but it didnt take the rest long to find out that He needed Mixed training not the "I am going to pick you up and throw you down like I did in the WWE" training

fputs
01-01-2012, 08:50 PM
I agree with that fully I just wish that they (UFC or his trainers) had trained him to fight more than just wrestling He is deadly IF he gets his hands on you but it didnt take the rest long to find out that He needed Mixed training not the "I am going to pick you up and throw you down like I did in the WWE" training

Overeem was right, he hurt him badly after the 1st knee and after that Brock was too afraid to get closeup enough to be hit with the knee alone. That prevented him from attempting any more takedowns.
Overeem will beat JDS next summer.

TLG
01-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I am not a big fan of lesner,, having said that I agree with space_mountain and pugsycan, the guy made money for the HW division,,
I think he really wanted to be UFC's undefeated HW,, clearly he has the size but not the talent ,

MoMoneyMoHoney
01-14-2012, 05:12 PM
I know am a few days late, but I felt Brocks pain when he ate those knees, goddam Overeems a beast.