PDA

View Full Version : Internet Overload?

Bandit_11
12-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Been having this problem ever since I got high speed... The problem, after being connected for awhile will just at random, shut down. I still have 4 lights through an Explornet/line of sight.
Professionally hooked up.. everything double checked.... Then I must go unplug my power cord, the router resets, it jumps back on...? ?..Brand New.. Router, with new cable....
What is wrong can anyone help?

StanW
12-15-2011, 10:41 PM
How's the signal coming into your house ? Mine is over phone lines and I have sporadic disconnects - every time I call my provider I'm told that they're seeing noise on the line . Unplugging the rj11 connector and reconnecting usually solves the problem.

JCO
12-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Been having this problem ever since I got high speed... The problem, after being connected for awhile will just at random, shut down. I still have 4 lights through an Explornet/line of sight.
Professionally hooked up.. everything double checked.... Then I must go unplug my power cord, the router resets, it jumps back on...? ?..Brand New.. Router, with new cable....
What is wrong can anyone help?
I gather its a one piece router-modem. If its a new install sounds like the modem is loosing sync.. I would call explornet and get online with a tech rep.. They can remotely diagnose what whent wrong that caused the disconect.

Bandit_11
12-15-2011, 10:46 PM
I believe it is a sporadic....sounds like we might have the same problem...I believe its coming into the house via Ethernet cable...an each time i go
to a speed test site, to check quality an connection speed..it kicks me off....even with an ipod...

StanW
12-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Call explornet as Jco suggested and run the speed test while they're monitoring the line .

satchick
12-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Are you on fixed wireless or satellite? If you're on the fixed wireless system, you can experience disconnects if there's alot of traffic on your access point. This usually occurs in the evenings during peak hours.