PDA

View Full Version : USB to network adaptor

cindan2
01-05-2012, 04:30 AM
I am trying to make one of these.
Not much to it usb into WII other end plug in rg6 cord?
I can not find the correct wire hook-up the network plug?
The network plug has 8 connections and the usb has 4 wires ,a foil cover and small wires. total 6 connections.
I tried to take apart the plug for usb but it is hard to do.(with-out wrecking it)

Anyone know of the wiring diagram to do this?

So far google just finds me sellers of it.

Cheers
Cindan2

MeSat_FTA
01-06-2012, 06:38 PM
The adapter needs to have some circuits in it. It isn't just a cable.

I got mine off of Deal Extreme site for a few dollars.

I believe that the output on the Wii is a serial port so it isn't compatible with a network connection. I think that Nintendo expected everybody to use wireless all the time.

Terryl
01-06-2012, 07:24 PM
MeSat_FTA is right,

You cant just make up an adapter from USB to a network connection, the signals are totally different, USB uses 2 pins for power (+5 volts DC and ground) then 2 pins for data (D+ and D-) your network cable has 8 (RJ-45 plug), there are depending on the speed of the network device many different pins involved (see link below) and the two should never meet directly, that could make a nice brick out of both the Wii, and the network device you plugged it into.

You need an active interface device with specialized IC's to couple the two together.

Possible LAN connections
http://webpages.charter.net/ttworld/Tech/Lan/lan_pinouts.htm

cindan2
01-06-2012, 11:00 PM
The adapter needs to have some circuits in it. It isn't just a cable.

I got mine off of Deal Extreme site for a few dollars.

I believe that the output on the Wii is a serial port so it isn't compatible with a network connection. I think that Nintendo expected everybody to use wireless all the time.

there 2 usb slots and wii sells a "usb to cat5 connector"
They also have a usb wireless stick.

Thanks though.

Cheers
Cindan2