PDA

View Full Version : ufc batista

rod rod
01-06-2012, 01:27 AM
ex wrestler batista to join ufc

kenggd
01-06-2012, 01:28 AM
really were did you read this at. he is like 48 years old dont thank he will last long in UFC that would be cool though!!
oops i was wrong he is 41 years old!

kenggd
01-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Editor-in-Chief Scott Dryden wrote a piece on the possibility of Dave Batista entering the world of MMA. While the article touched on Batista's potential and his athleticism, I can't see "The Animal's" venture in MMA going nearly as well as his pro wrestling career.

As Mr. Dryden noted, Batista is a great athlete, but has no amateur boxing or wrestling background. UFC Champ, Brock Lesnar is a former NCAA heavyweight wrestling champion, while Strikeforce star Bobby Lashley, another former WWE star, was a two time NAIA champion. Speaking of Lashley and Lesnar, they also have Father Time on their side. Both are in their early 30s and have a few years of MMA training under their belt; while Batista is 41 and only has a hand full of training sessions at various camps across the country.

Batista is also very injury prone and has missed substantial ring time in the past, which doesn't bode well for him, considering the intensity of the grueling camps that fighters go through while preparing for a fight. In pro wrestling, many guys can pound their chest and work through an injury, asking their opponent, "watch the arm, bro" or "my leg is banged up, be easy tonight." In MMA, Batista will need to pass physicals regularly and even if he can pass a physical with a tweaked shoulder or a banged up knee, he doesn't have the option of asking his opponent to lay off a body part, but rather his opponent will be on that appendage like a rabid wolverine.

There's also the financial end of the MMA world. In WWE, "The Animal" gets a piece of every t-shirt, figure, video game, plus Pay Per View bonuses; things he won't see that in MMA. The UFC is the only promotion to come close to WWE in terms of marketing and merchandising, and honestly, Dana and the gang are still light years away. Batista was making seven figures with WWE, but to make that kind of money in MMA, he would have to get on with UFC and get a slice of the pay per view buys, which is a deal that very few get and that's only if UFC would sign him. Dana seemed hesitant with signing James Toney, who has several years of boxing experience; would he even dare to sign Batista at his age?

In the end, "The Animal" could get a big payday or two, but MMA will not be a long term choice for him. I could see Strikeforce or DREAM signing "Big Dave" for a fight or two, but I say by 2012, Batista will be back in the WWE. I can't see Dana signing him unless the ratings and PPV buys fall through the floor and he needs a freak show to sell pay per views or pop ratings.

How about Batista on TUF? Or what if Scott Coker makes Batista vs. Kimbo Slice for CBS? No matter how ugly it will be, as a pro wrestling and a MMA fan, you can count me in!

For the latest Pro Wrestling news, stay tuned to Pro Wrestling Fans.

fputs
01-06-2012, 06:38 AM
Just out of curiosity I would like to see him in the UFC, nevertheless he will get killed by a no-name grappler.

MoMoneyMoHoney
01-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Me too, let's just see how he does. He's a bit old though, I supposed he could do a few fights. Lashley-Batista would make a nice payday though...

toenail
02-28-2012, 02:48 PM
this dudes been training with cesar gracie for many years now.. id really like to see his talent make an entrance into strikeforce to prove himself first.. ufc is for the big dogs that have already proven themselves... unless your brock of course, he had it the easy way..

hacker888
04-13-2012, 01:59 AM
I don't think any "sports entertainer" can make it with the Big Dogs. Scripted shows are very different then full contact.

tekkone
04-20-2012, 06:14 AM
I'd watch him fight if he joined the UFC. They should try getting Brock out of retirement and put Bastista up against him.