PDA

View Full Version : Broncos-Patriots: 10 observations

KIDWCKED
01-14-2012, 11:36 PM
c/p from espn
After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in the divisional-round playoff matchup between the Broncos and Patriots.

1. Keep the momentum rolling: In the upset of wild card weekend, the Broncos defeated Pittsburgh in overtime. They are playing with house money and really have nothing to lose at this point. Meanwhile, the Patriots have lost their opening playoff game in each of the past two seasons despite very high expectations. The Broncos are operating on a short week for this cross-country road trip, and New England is an extremely difficult place to play. Adding to the intrigue, Josh McDaniels, the former Denver head coach, is back on Bill Belichick's staff. These teams met in Week 15, and the Patriots won 41-23 in Denver. Only the 49ers and Packers had better turnover differentials than New England's plus-17, and the Broncos were among the worst in the league at minus-12.

Costactc
01-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I knew it was eventually going to happen that my Broncos get crushed. After going 8-8 and losing the last 3 regular season games, the Broncos didn't even deserve to be in the dance but squeaked in. Tebow magic against a banged up Pittsburgh didn't materialize against a fully prepared New England squad. After all the Tebow hype I hope Broncos management realise that this is not the quarterback of the future, time will tell. Hats off to the Patriots, what a performance.