PDA

View Full Version : Safety first???

chicot60
01-24-2012, 12:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yEkMN.jpg

hutch
01-24-2012, 03:48 PM
ya know... if the cop wanted to be helpful he could just pull the van up a bit... & either it's an optical illusion or the guy at the top is really small or the guy at the bottom is really strong... lol

steveOtoo
01-24-2012, 06:56 PM
It's ok its Jackie Chan at the top of the ladder...............

ir2lazy
01-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Silly Chinese...

hutch
01-25-2012, 04:33 PM
OK I figured it out ... I think... there must be hooks on top of the ladder... which are over the trunk line... The guy at the bottom is just steadying the ladder... I just hope either the power is off or it's telephone or cable cause otherwise the top guys in for a shock...lol

Terryl
01-25-2012, 06:10 PM
It's called a span ladder, there are "J" hooks on the ends of the ladder, these hook onto the metal traveler wire that supports the telephone cable.

We wouldn't be able to get away with that in the CATV industry, I would have to drive all the way back to the shop and get a taller ladder.

And you can touch one of the AC lines, as long as your not touching the ground, the pole or the other AC phase, you will be OK, look at the birds, they don't get shocked, but I wouldn't recommend anyone do or try that.

Terryl
01-25-2012, 06:11 PM
ya know... if the cop wanted to be helpful he could just pull the van up a bit... & either it's an optical illusion or the guy at the top is really small or the guy at the bottom is really strong... lol

No they both are just really stupid, get a taller ladder.