PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the Acutrac III + meter?

blodgee
01-25-2012, 11:36 PM
I am shopping for a not to expensive meter and can get this one for $160.
It is used for DTV and Dishnet multiple Sat LNB'S as well as other single lnb set ups.
Just wondering if anyone has tried one and what they thought of it?
Since the "sticky set up guides" always say to use a certain Transponder when aligning the dish I wonder if this meter is capable
of switching between Transponders? In the manual it doesn't really say.

su12345
01-27-2012, 10:27 PM
ive used the accutrac II and it doesnt give the tp option just basically a graph indicating signal strength, it will do 2 sats at once however, its kind of handy to get you close but i end up fine tuning with an old viewsat stb and a little tv which does allow you to hand pick your tps, I gave $79 for it used on ebay

blodgee
01-28-2012, 01:46 AM
ive used the accutrac II and it doesnt give the tp option just basically a graph indicating signal strength, it will do 2 sats at once however, its kind of handy to get you close but i end up fine tuning with an old viewsat stb and a little tv which does allow you to hand pick your tps, I gave $79 for it used on ebay

Thanks. I know of the Acutrac II as you described. The III is quite a bit more meter and capabilities. Just wish I could get someone that has used one for first hand experience before I buy one.