PDA

View Full Version : Signal Separator & FTA Boxes?

popol
02-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to use 3 of these separators to split 3 cable coming out of 3 LNBs (110, 111, & 118) mounted on a dish plus and feed 2 different FTA boxes? if so can someone please help/describe how to set it all up. Note I also have a brand new DP34 switch, which I can take out of the box and use with these separators.

The description of these separators is as follows:

"Enables you to run 1 cable into the home and feed dual tuner DISH Pro Receivers (322, 921, 721*, 522, 622, 625 and 942) making installations a snap"

"This listing is for one Dish Network Dish Pro Plus separator part number 123254. The separator comes with 2 short cable leads for easy connection. These separators provide a single cable connection from DISH Pro Plus dual-tuner receivers to Dish Pro Plus switches or LNBFs. They must be used in conjunction with a DISH Pro Plus switch or LNBF to feed the satellite signal to both tuners of DISH Pro Plus receivers for single cable installations."

Please advise if these would do the trick and how?

Thanks A Million!

-P

stman
02-05-2012, 06:36 PM
No, they cannot be used that way. As indicated in the description, they are to be used on a single dual tuner receiver. The only FTA receiver that can use one of these behind the receiver is the SV360 Elite and due to the way iks works using it doesn't work as intended.

popol
02-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks stman for your swift response! Any other way I can achieve what I want short of having 2 dishes out there? I just want to split those 3 signals into 6 and feed each 3 to 1 fta box...Thanks Man!

Terryl
02-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I think you have a typo, is it 110, 118 and 119 your looking at?

If so then the DP34 switch will work fine, just hook the Dish pro LNB's into it, and run 2 coaxes, 1 to each receiver, the DP34 switch will run 3 LNB's (3 satellites, 110, 118, 119) to 4 receivers, but it has to be connected to Dish Pro LNB's to work right.

You also have to worry about the DC current consumption, as running 3 LNB's and the switch may overload the LNB input's DC current rating (LNB input) on the first receiver, this switch does not have a DC power inserter like the DP44 does.

Most FTA receivers can only supply 500 mA of DC current to the LNB's.

popol
02-05-2012, 07:12 PM
You're correct, I meant 110, 118 and 119. Attached, please see the LNBs I have. Do all these 3 cables coming out of the these LNBs get plugged into the DP34? And how do I get around the DC current issue? I don't want to fry my boxes ;) thx again!

Terryl
02-05-2012, 07:41 PM
You can use a DPP44 switch, but you have to run the power inserter on its own coax (to keep your FTA receiver out of the power loop) to the #1 receiver port on the DPP44, then it will run the receivers just fine on ports 2, 3 and 4.

Or look for an old Dish 301 receiver (inactive) and run it to receiver port #1 of the DP34 switch, this will power everything just fine, the dish receivers have more current available on the LNB input, this is to run the switches and all attached LNB's.

popol
02-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Hey Terryl, I've tried the setup you've suggested above (DP44 + power inserter), but I get no signal on any of the receivers!!! Any idea what could e causing that...Here is what I've done:

3 coax cable ea coming from 1 lnb => input 1, 2 & 3 respectively of the DP44 then...
plugged in one side of the power inserter to port1 (where is says power inserter) and the other side to the ANT IN of my limesat then...
took two coax out from ports 2 & 3 of the DP44 ea goes to ANT In of each receiver (except the one that needs to go the limesat ANT IN port coz the power inserter is there)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Terryl
02-06-2012, 01:19 AM
It should be going to SAT in, or LNB input on the receivers, not the ANT.

And the Diseqc switch settings need to be set in the sat menus to, Diseqc 1= 119, Diseqc 2= 110, Diseqc 3= 118.

If you haven't done so, use dishpointer.com, for information to point the dish at the satellites, use TP 12297L to find 119 W, you will be adjusting and peaking the dish on this satellite, then use TP 12224 to find 110, and TP 11806R to find 118.

popol
02-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Thanks man! Yes I did plug it in LNB In, and nothing happened still the no signal!!! Ads for the Diseqc settings, I have set correctly, but still no sign of life!!! I've read that the DP34 does not require a power imserter. Luckily I had an old one sitting in the garage I took it out, plugged it in and it's working like a charm! Thanks again!