PDA

View Full Version : 1000.2 connection to 1 FTA

djangostar
02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi guys, I moved in my new place and found a 1000.2 dish pro on the roof facing down . and 2 x Bev Dishes with single lnbs . I would like to use the 1000.2 to catch
110,119,129 and maybe add one of the Bev dish for 82. They will be connected to 1 FTA or DVB-S (skywalker-1).

1- Do I need one of those external switches ? the 82 is optional , trying to keep cost down .
2- Any other hardware needed?

I am asking cause I'll be calling in a installer to realign the dish and run the rg6 cable to the living room . Don't want him selling me a 100$ switch or charging me double cause we needed more stuff .
Card =200$
install= +/- 100$
budget is tight . Did i miss anything ?

Bigpineguy Retired
02-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Why not use dishpointer dot com and try and install it yourself, start by making sure the dish mast is plumb and level ( level front to back and side to side) is there a cable running from the dish now ? You shouldn't need any other switches, and once the 1000 is pointed, use the DPP input to connect your 82 dish, all settings are done from the box after you get signal...

BPG~

djangostar
02-13-2012, 04:34 PM
thanks for the prompt response BPG.
to be honest , it's on the roof of a duplex and I am afraid of heights :tehe:, if I could i would. Dishpointer shows the right direction (But i keep asking myself why is the dish facing down ?) I see 3 cables going from the dish thats all i can see , and does it matter what kind of lnb is on those 2 other dishes or can the tech just connect it to the DPP input ?

WillDekkard
02-14-2012, 06:25 AM
Hi guys, I moved in my new place and found a 1000.2 dish pro on the roof facing down . and 2 x Bev Dishes with single lnbs . I would like to use the 1000.2 to catch
110,119,129 and maybe add one of the Bev dish for 82. They will be connected to 1 FTA or DVB-S (skywalker-1).

1- Do I need one of those external switches ? the 82 is optional , trying to keep cost down .

I am asking cause I'll be calling in a installer to realign the dish and run the rg6 cable to the living room . Don't want him selling me a 100$ switch or charging me double cause we needed more stuff .
Card =200$
install= +/- 100$

Are you adding a sub? If so that sub will need to power the DPP LNB and be on at all times. The FTA STB most likely can not power those power hog LNBs.

For the input to work, the LNB from the Bell dish needs to be DishPro. If you are in the US(non-border US states) then 82 will not be attainable as 82 is a Canada beam and remember it mostly contains HD channels. 91 on the other hand presently is a NA beam, all SD channels.

If you do not have a sub receiver power the system, then a DPP44 switch would be your best bet for 4 sat setup.

djangostar
02-14-2012, 06:31 AM
thanks , no i am not adding a sub. So I think it means i need a DPP44 switch ? I was trying to avoid additional connection . Just 1 fta , seems like m gonna have to look for a switch after all . I m located in canada and dishpointer shows that i am good signal wise . Thanks again !

fputs
02-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Are you adding a sub? If so that sub will need to power the DPP LNB and be on at all times. The FTA STB most likely can not power those power hog LNBs.

For the input to work, the LNB from the Bell dish needs to be DishPro. If you are in the US(non-border US states) then 82 will not be attainable as 82 is a Canada beam and remember it mostly contains HD channels. 91 on the other hand presently is a NA beam, all SD channels.

If you do not have a sub receiver power the system, then a DPP44 switch would be your best bet for 4 sat setup.

WillDekkard, would it work if he just bought a Power inserter? this would be much cheaper than a whole DPP44

Terryl
02-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Yes you can use just the power inserter, but it will give you only 2 outputs for the receivers, as it will tie up the #1 port on the LNB for power input only, you can then run the LNB for 91W (82W takes an HD receiver) into the #4 port on the Dish 1000 LNB.

2 receivers and the power inserter will take 3 coaxes.

fputs
02-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Yes you can use just the power inserter, but it will give you only 2 outputs for the receivers, as it will tie up the #1 port on the LNB for power input only, you can then run the LNB for 91W (82W takes an HD receiver) into the #4 port on the Dish 1000 LNB.

2 receivers and the power inserter will take 3 coaxes.
I thought that on the other end of the power inserter, you cann connect another stb and port 1 will not go to waste. I guess in the original post, he said he only had 1 fta so we shouldn't have a problem.

poolguy.
02-14-2012, 07:47 AM

Card =200$
install= +/- 100$
Hello friend.
HD channels can be found on 129 and 110 with your 1000.2 dish combo setup, also...
An HD compatible receiver will work with your 1000.2 dish setup however there are
testers who have had to replace their power supplies with sv8000hd units ...
Others have replaced their capacitors within their power supplies since the diff in power
from 500ohm to 650ohm creates a power loss to operate this "Lnb"combo, long term, unless ...
several units are being utilized within this setup, or
the utilization of a dp switch, (dp44 with power inserter) is present ...
Since it seems that costs are presently important, and it seems that sat82 is not too important,
then it seems my only question would be is ...
Should adding another receiver to this dish setup, help power this type of lnbs or,
should I add a dpp44 power inserted switch to add more power to the 1000.2 dish for just 1 receiver?

Terryl
02-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Some bench test's that I did show that the input to the power inserter is not a correct inductive load for most FTA receivers LNB input's, remember Dish doesn't care about your FTA receiver, they design this stuff to work with Echo * receivers and nothing else.

It's better to run a second coax then risk the possible chance of damaging your LNB input on your receiver.

fputs
02-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks Terryl

djangostar
02-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks a lot guys , I ve learned a lot in a day ! OK, I will only be feeding one DVB card on my pc, so I think i ll look for a power inserter .

power inserter==coax ===port 1
DVB card ==coax ===port 2
Lnb from 82 to input/port 4

and I should be getting 82,110,119,129.

hawk2
02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Guys back in the days I had a ( dave or dish receiver running to the garage from port #1 - both worked as long as I left the power on ) the FTA receivers worked great. The receiver in the garage got very warm.