PDA

View Full Version : DishPro Plus Quad LNB

WillDekkard
02-15-2012, 06:26 AM
The DPP Quad LNB was "abandoned" by Dish Network as it became unnecessary due to DishNet's decision to go to a 3 satellite system, namely the Dish1000.2 and development of the DPP44 switch. The DPP Quad does not have an input port for a 3rd sat. The DPP Twin was useful as it has the input port to be used for existing customers wishing to add 129 to their 119/110(Dish500) set up.

It seems that Bell which pesently remains to use 2 satellites has a use for this DPP Quad. Enabling customers to have a LNBwith a built in switch to output to 4 receivers including dual tuner receivers with the use of DPP seperators. What was old(never used) is new again. Bell now endorses the use of DP and DPP LNBs, as well as DPP Seperators and the DPP44 switch.

duster
02-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Can the DPP Twin LNB be used with a diseqc switch? Set up would be for sats 91 and 82 with one Bell dual PVR receiver with a separator attached to both the receivers tuners. The second would be attaching a diseqc coming from the DPP Twin then coax cable from the diseqc to a FTA receiver for sat 91 only . Thank You

Terryl
02-15-2012, 08:59 PM
No need for the switch as the DPP twin has one built in. Diseqc port 1 = 91W, port #2 = 82W.

The one feed to the Bell receiver can use the DP separator, (It also has to be an HD receiver) the other feed can run to the FTA receiver without the need for the switch.

duster
02-15-2012, 09:27 PM
The first feed is HD Bell PVR.The second feed from the DPP Twin LNB has to be to a diseqc switch. I have other sat feeds and fta receivers attached to that same diseqc. My question is can i attach a diseqc switch like you can with a sw21 or sw44 to the DPP with out causing any type of interference to the DPP Twin LNB

WillDekkard
02-16-2012, 06:02 AM
The first feed is HD Bell PVR.The second feed from the DPP Twin LNB has to be to a diseqc switch. I have other sat feeds and fta receivers attached to that same diseqc. My question is can i attach a diseqc switch like you can with a sw21 or sw44 to the DPP with out causing any type of interference to the DPP Twin LNB

No need to attach to DiSEqC switch as Terryl stated the switch is built into the LNB. You need to adjust your FTA receiver's settings. As for connecting the DPP twin to a SW21 that is done if you are combining the DPP twin with other LNBs in your set up. Your FTA receiver settings needs to reflect your set up.