PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha YAS 101 Sound Bar

rooster60
02-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Okay, instead of getting five speakers, etc. for my already finished living room, I am deciding to go with the Yamaha YAS 101 sound bar.
Does anyone on here have one?
From what the reviews are telling me, its an awesome unit if you don't want to go too extreme.

Terryl
02-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Don't have one, but from what I have heard, it works better with the Yamaha line of audio receivers, some of the top end ones are awesome, they can auto adjust them selves for the room and attached speakers.

LuckyLarry
02-17-2012, 08:21 PM
I've audtioned a few different brand names:the Yamaha is the best sounding of the bunch I've listened to.No comparison to discrete components, but sounds pretty darn good in the right room.

ron3033
02-19-2012, 02:21 AM
Dayton has one with a sub suppose to be good, also Definitive Technology has them, and have real good reviews, but they are $$$. Yammys, tend to be shrill. But room acoustics and personal likes make the choice more difficult.
ron3033

homer_™
02-19-2012, 02:32 AM
I heard they are amazingly good at simulating surround sound. I personally prefer the actual surround sound with real rear speakers so the sound comes from behind like it's supposed to. True 5.1 is a bit of a pain running the wires (I don't like wireless speakers either) and it takes up real estate in your home theater room. But, for me nothing else could compare

phycomp
06-19-2012, 02:40 PM
I have owned my yamaha-yas-101-surround-sound-bar for about 4 months now, and forms the audio section of my bedroom TV system. It improved significantly on the standard tinny sound coming from my Sansung LCD, thanks to it's built in subwoofer :thumbsup: