PDA

View Full Version : Are Time Warner Cable subscribers about to be out-FOX'd?

bluepenguin
12-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Are Time Warner Cable users going to lose all FOX-owned and -operated stations as they ring in 2010? Maybe.

Hopes are fading that Fox's retransmission consent agreement with Time Warner Cable, the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., reports Variety.

The negotiations have stalled and if a deal isn't reached by Thursday, Dec 31, FOX stations in key markets (including New York, Los Angeles and Dallas) will go dark on Time Warner Cable systems at 12:01 am Friday.

This disruption would also include FX, Speed, Fuel TV and many regional FOX sports stations that serve 11 major markets. A FOX spokesman told Variety they are not optimistic an agreement can be reached by Dec. 31.

FOX has been encouraging Time Warner Cable customers to seek alternatives in Direct TV and Dish Network, while Time Warner has been telling its customers they are standing firm on the increase in the retransmission consent fee FOX is demanding because they'll only have to pass that cost on to their subscribers.

In the meantime, Time Warner subscribers can say goodbye to the bowl games FOX is broadcasting next week and the premiere of "American Idol" on Jan. 12 if this is not resolved by then.

bobkoke
12-30-2009, 03:08 PM
I care about the sports but hell American Idol sucks lol

dishdude714
12-30-2009, 05:29 PM
If FOX wants $1 dollar for every Time Warner sub, every month then i can see why Time Warner is upset. If a contract like that did go thru, I am sure Time Warner subs, will see a HUGE raise in there bill. Nit like they do that already, but they may have an actull excuse this time.