PDA

View Full Version : Mainstay Favre to back up Brees in Pro Bowl

KIDWCKED
12-30-2009, 03:48 PM
this is a c\p from espn
NEW YORK -- Brett Favre and Peyton Manning have other plans for visiting Miami in early 2010.

already Pro Bowl regulars, they were selected to this season's game Tuesday. Favre was among eight Minnesota Vikings who made the NFC team, while Manning was one of six Indianapolis Colts on the AFC squad. It will be Favre's 11th Pro Bowl and the 10th for Manning. Johnny Unitas is the only other quarterback with 10 all-star selections.

Naturally, both Favre and Manning -- and every other player chosen for the Pro Bowl whose team has made the playoffs -- are thinking of appearing in another game in South Florida, Super Bowl XLIV. All six of the quarterbacks made the playoffs and, of course, would prefer to be playing in the Super Bowl on Feb. 7 in Miami. The Pro Bowl has been moved to the previous Sunday at Land Shark Stadium, and no Super Bowl participants will play in the all-star game.

As Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco said on Twitter after discovering the AFC North champions have nobody going to the Pro Bowl:

"Just been informed myself nor any of my teammates made the Pro Bowl-bengal fans we wouldn't be abe to play in it anyway! SUPER BOWL BABY!!!"

Favre will be a backup to New Orleans' Drew Brees, the NFL's top-rated passer. The other NFC quarterback will be Aaron Rodgers, who replaced Favre in Green Bay last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you are voted in as a quarterback, you really represent the entire offense and the team," Brees said, "because there isn't anything I can accomplish without the offensive line, running backs, tight ends and wide receivers. So this is a recognition of what we've been able to achieve as a unit, and I've been thrilled to be a part of an offense that has worked together so well this season."