PDA

View Full Version : Leafs fire head coach Ron Wilson

lonster1
03-03-2012, 02:11 AM
C/P Globe & Mail

Ron Wilson is out as coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Randy Carlyle is in.

A source told The Canadian Press that Wilson was fired after leading the team through a disastrous month that saw it tumble out of playoff position in the Eastern Conference.

Hockey insiders have told The Globe and Mail that Randy Carlyle will take over coaching duties.

The move came just weeks from the end of Wilson's fourth season in Toronto.

The team has yet to decide on his replacement.

He was unable to get the team into the post-season during his tenure — something that forced general manager Brian Burke, his former college teammate, to move in a different direction.

Wilson compiled a 130-135-45 record with the Leafs and leaves the team sitting fourth on the NHL's all-time list for games coached.

The 56-year-old signed a contract extension in December and will be paid through the end of next season.

KIDWCKED
03-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Really??Lol..Not a leaf fan.But who else could they blame besides the goalie other than the whole organization??

bandit2804
03-03-2012, 02:42 AM
as a jet fan---id rather have seen randy---come to his old home ---but a true wise decision -for toronto---proven winner!

stream™
03-03-2012, 03:14 AM
This thread title should read ...(Leafs finally fire Wilson's azz finally w00t!!!)...lmao! ... man i hated him!!

MatrixMario
03-09-2012, 05:06 AM
imo, i wouldn't want to blame just wilson for all of this mess, but honestly the defense and reimer aren't doing that great either

The Cobra
03-10-2012, 03:26 AM
Really??Lol..Not a leaf fan.But who else could they blame besides the goalie other than the whole organization??

Who else to blame???? How`s about starting with 3/4 slow footed, turnover Queens that are the pylons of the Leafs defense...then we go to my buddy Francois Allaire who is doing such a fine job with revamping the style of both Reimer and Gusty into Allaire`s claim to fame Patrick Roy or Giggy. Hopefully Ronnie boy will save a spot on the bus out of town for Allaire.

KIDWCKED
03-10-2012, 03:34 AM
Who else to blame???? How`s about starting with 3/4 slow footed, turnover Queens that are the pylons of the Leafs defense...then we go to my buddy Francois Allaire who is doing such a fine job with revamping the style of both Reimer and Gusty into Allaire`s claim to fame Patrick Roy or Giggy. Hopefully Ronnie boy will save a spot on the bus out of town for Allaire.

Lol..Too good bro..I guess there's always next year..Another lol..Heheheheh

The Cobra
03-10-2012, 03:42 AM
Lol..Too good bro..I guess there's always next year..Another lol..Heheheheh

Yeah...I think I`m putting that on my stone. LOL

KIDWCKED
03-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Yeah...I think I`m putting that on my stone. LOL

Are you a Winnipeg Jets fan??

The Cobra
03-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Are you a Winnipeg Jets fan??

For the last 7 yrs and counting I rent out in March...just before LED (Leafs Elimination Day).

chuck
03-10-2012, 04:04 AM
the fireing of wilsom couldn't haave come at a worse time. he should have been dismissed along time ago. but tough to do this when your team is above 500 and at one time comfortably in playoff contention. just a game before the fireing, burke mentioned to media that fireing wilson is not the talk within 'their' circle, but rather in the media's. a day later he was canned. leads me to believe ownership jumped in and told burke..its time. burke had no choice but to dismiss his collage buddy!

The Cobra
03-10-2012, 04:15 AM
the fireing of wilsom couldn't haave come at a worse time. he should have been dismissed along time ago. but tough to do this when your team is above 500 and at one time comfortably in playoff contention. just a game before the fireing, burke mentioned to media that fireing wilson is not the talk within 'their' circle, but rather in the media's. a day later he was canned. leads me to believe ownership jumped in and told burke..its time. burke had no choice but to dismiss his collage buddy!

I`m betting you`re right on the money Chuck......Wilson should have been canned at Christmas when he started tossing the players under the bus with all the finger pointing in the media he did.

DALEJ88
03-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Now if they could just get rid of Burke. The team is no better off than they were four years ago. It was a crime he never picked up a goalie at trade deadline deal.

mlew2
03-10-2012, 08:47 PM
The team has been the same for the last what 40 years started with the cheapo Ballard and hasn't changed since

chuck
03-10-2012, 09:07 PM
burke stated they had plenty of offers from teams, (which means other teams know our young players are good and have huge potential) but were only offered picks. leafs have an awesome young team with high caliber prospects, just check the marlies. TD is not a great time to deal either, as the price goes up and the common sense goes out the window. leafs are better off dealing in the off season, and working at the draft. a much more realistic way to handle it.
they have a good young team, and now with the coaching change, they will focus on carlyles system, which is much more suited for this club.
as for a goalie, there really wasn't much out there to aquire, and again, teams wanted to much for ageing veterans.

The Cobra
03-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Now if they could just get rid of Burke. The team is no better off than they were four years ago. It was a crime he never picked up a goalie at trade deadline deal.

The real crime was these 2 idiots Burke & Wilson (with an honorable mention of Allaire) deciding to start and run the season with 2 basicly rookie goaltenders in the first place. They knew full well that their goaltending had no real NHL experience, their defense wasn`t a whole lot more than pylons and they don`t clear the puck from their zone worth a crap. 4 yrs under Wilson they were last or near last in the PK and PP and haven`t made the playoffs in 7 yrs....so you play a hunch, shoot the dice on your goalie??? I don`t think so Burkie. TD, like Chuck T mentioned is waaaay too late because first of all there wasn`t much there and it would have cost the Leafs probably Gardiner and draft picks....at least Burke learned his lesson of giving away #1s. The Leafs need to dump and buy this summer.

TLG
03-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Unbelievable ,,, the richest team in the league can't put together a winning team!!!!!

This is one of those times when you gotta yell WHAT THE DUCK!!!!!
I mean are you serious?? Starting the season with Reimer (optimus reimer) and Gustavsson (the monster)????
The two of them have a compined 200 goals against !! ..??

I mean really? Which other team in the league has nicknames for their goalies,, Detroit? Pittsburgh? Chicago?

I mean,, if you have a 600 million dollar team ,,, you need to call your employees by their name ,,,, be professional !

Burke walks around the league and gives interviews with the impression that '' his sh*t don't stink ''
But he has not earned that prevlage ...

He to should the next to be shown the door,,,

Not much will change though because the trouble with Toronto and Montreal is that 16 out of the 21 thousand
tickets are sold to season ticket holders so no pressure. Except that if your gonna spend the salary cap might
As well get someone who knows where and how to spend it .