PDA

View Full Version : snow blower

motojet
12-31-2009, 08:42 PM
can any1 tell me how to increase the auger rotation..
to get more throwin power

Night Prowler
12-31-2009, 08:51 PM

you'll need to change the ratio of the pulleys if anything......;)

sneerboy
01-01-2010, 03:20 AM

Tweak the rpm of the engine, a little adjustment to the linkage at the carburetor.

Vroom.
:)

Night Prowler
01-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Tweak the rpm of the engine, a little adjustment to the linkage at the carburetor.

Vroom.
:)

I did that once.......only not a little.........crankshaft through the housing.......not to mention the environmental damage........:tehe:

pugsycan
01-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Ohhhhh I thought we where talking about an northern call girl :noidea:

n3uspeed2
01-01-2010, 03:33 AM

We have a member at our forum and his specialty is working on Small motors such as the your talking about. I Suggest you Talk to Joestv.... He's a good friend of mine and a respected member of this forum... He works on these machines...he would be the perfect candidate to talk to.

n3uspeed2
01-01-2010, 03:35 AM
I sent Joe a pm for you.... I'm sure he will reply....

sneerboy
01-01-2010, 03:39 AM
I did that once.......only not a little.........crankshaft through the housing.......not to mention the environmental damage........:tehe:

Like I said, Vroom.
:D

JCO
01-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Like I said, Vroom.
:D

Geez, when you do things like that you have to balance the crank, get titanium connecting rods, domed pistons, metal head gasket, triple angle valve job, cam and run it on aviation gas....LOL
A nice wax job on the inside of the chute helps a bit.
Someimes pulleys sometimes gears like on a Honda...
Ahh just go out and buy a Honda they throw like theres no tommorow...
The little 622 with a 6HP motor outthrows all the 8HP's on my block..., It also costs about twice as much.. And yes I treat it to a mix of super and racing gas and synthetic oil....

Next on the list is an exhaust and intake manifold....

sneerboy
01-01-2010, 11:13 AM
How 'bout a turbocharger? <br />
:) <br />
<br />
Guess that would be a blower blower. <br />
<br />
Vroom...bang

Joe's tv
01-05-2010, 05:55 AM
I would have replied sooner, but I've been really busy lately.....we got about 3 feet over the past few days.

NEVER speed up ANY small engine past it's rated rpm limit or you are asking for trouble. (usually about 3,600 rpm's) Remember, these are made as cheaply as posssible and do not have oil filters and are only air cooled. Higher speeds mean more heat. Too much heat WILL warp exhaust valves and accelerate engine wear. Particularly with Techumseh engines. They have small oil capacity, which means less cooling ability. Add to that the fact people never check their oil, and push them to the limits........it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why so many end up with a thrown rod and a hole in the block. Most Briggs engines hold more oil and therefore last longer and take more abuse. But even speeding up one of those is a bad idea and it will eventually tear that up as well.

I've seen some on lawn mowers that got so hot the valve seat actually pulled up with the valve and came out of the block! Overhead valve engines are even worse....because the valves can float, and the push rods slip out of the rocker arms and it's all over. I had a Honda snowblower once that did that after the governor gear came apart..... and the guy just kept going until a valve introduced itself to the piston. LOL. A replacement Honda head can cost about $250 or more depending on what engine.

If your blower is not blowing snow as good as it used to, your belt is probably slipping. If the engine loads down and acts like it's stalling when you feed it snow, then it's not slipping.....the problem could be low compression due to valve problems, carburetion, or any number of causes.

What make and model do you have? What engine? Is it hard starting? Will it only run with the choke on? Some have common problems, perhaps I can make a suggestion to solve your problem. :)

gman
01-05-2010, 09:49 PM
fixed many a snow blower and main problem was wrong or sretched belt and auger sliping . check the easy stuff first.