PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning visits Denver!!!

KIDWCKED
03-10-2012, 03:12 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sportsnation/logos/espn_sportsnation_80.gif
Manning met for nearly six hours with the Broncos on Friday, then left the team's facility without speaking with reporters.
About 48 hours after being released by the Indianapolis Colts, Manning met with another Super Bowl-winning quarterback, Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway, and coach John Fox. The three chatted while taking a tour of the team's practice field and heading to the weight room.
They spent several hours together after that before the four-time MVP departed. It was the first stop on his free-agency tour of NFL suitors.
According to The Denver Post, the Broncos sent a plane to pick up Manning in South Florida, where he has a condo. He had traveled there after an emotional news conference in Indianapolis on Wednesday, when he said goodbye to the team that drafted him No. 1 overall in 1998 and he led to the 2007 Super Bowl championship.
Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen the visit does not define the Broncos as the favorite to land the four-time MVP who was released by the Colts on Wednesday. In fact, other teams are starting to be aggressive in expressing their interest in Manning.
A Washington Redskins official told Schefter on Friday that the team wants to speak with Manning and still intends to try to sign him, despite speculation that Washington is a long shot.
No contract negotiations were expected to occur during the Denver visit, first reported by The Denver Post. Manning did not work out for the Broncos.
Manning wanted to familiarize himself with Denver's physical facilities, the organization and the geography. His trip is expected to include other visits, such as to the Arizona Cardinals, sources said.
A trip to Kansas City to meet the Chiefs is also a possibility.
"He's one of the greatest players in the history of the league," Chiefs owner Clark Hunt told NBC Sports Network. "He's also an incredible person. We feel really good about the team we have in Kansas City going into the 2012 season, but we'll look for any opportunity to improve and, of course, that includes Peyton Manning.http://assets.espn.go.com/icons/intiny.png

The Cobra
03-10-2012, 03:50 AM
I`d love to be Peyton Manning`s pimp...er I mean his agent right about now. I`m kinda surprised the Vikings aren`t on his list tho..but I guess that would mean a trip to Lambeau and Chicago once a year and it would be cold. My bet? He goes to the Dolphins..brings Reggie Wayne with him as part of the deal. Warm weather, decent offensive line and Reggie Bush out of the backfield are some pretty serious considerations for Manning.

KIDWCKED
03-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Why would anyone want to play for the Dolphins?Hmmmm bring back Marino!!!

The Cobra
03-10-2012, 04:11 AM
Why would anyone want to play for the Dolphins?Hmmmm bring back Marino!!!

I can think of one reason off the top of my head.............

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2009-08/48635094.jpg

KIDWCKED
03-10-2012, 04:16 AM
That does not look like Dan Marino.Lol....Go fish...Not~~

metalmaker
03-10-2012, 06:40 AM
He's going to Minnesota! That's where all retired QB's end up.

Costactc
03-10-2012, 12:07 PM
As I posted in another thread with a great D, running game and offeensive line; Manning would put the Broncos over the top.

TLG
03-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I can think of one reason off the top of my head.............

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2009-08/48635094.jpg

That's not a dolphin !! That's a mermaid ,, LOL

Condor
03-11-2012, 03:46 AM
He will be talking to a lot of teams... Will end up in Arizona.........I guess Elway still has no faith...........LMAO.......

KIDWCKED
03-11-2012, 03:53 AM
Arizona Cardinals need a Q/B..Thats all there missing.Jmo..

TLG
03-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Unlike others, with manning it's not about the money but rather about winning and given his age and health
What he wants is another super bowl win before he retires or is forced to retire ...
remember the manning's are competative and 1 super bowl win is not enough for a guy like peyton

What he needs is a) an offensive team that will get him there and b) a team that will give him the protection he
Needs to make it happen and c) a defensive team to make his life easy,,,

The question is which team is the best fit. ,,,, the answer might be just be the Bronco's they have the defense
With the addition of Reggie Wayne they will have the offence ,,,, what's missing is the pass protection and they
Have all summer to get it together

I guess we'll find out on Tuesday

KIDWCKED
03-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Arizona definately has the defense.And pass protection.Thats the only reason they finished the season 5-6..A qb is definately needed thou..I would like to see Arizona welcome Manning..

The Cobra
03-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Unlike others, with manning it's not about the money but rather about winning and given his age and health
What he wants is another super bowl win before he retires or is forced to retire ...
remember the manning's are competative and 1 super bowl win is not enough for a guy like peyton

What he needs is a) an offensive team that will get him there and b) a team that will give him the protection he
Needs to make it happen and c) a defensive team to make his life easy,,,

The question is which team is the best fit. ,,,, the answer might be just be the Bronco's they have the defense
With the addition of Reggie Wayne they will have the offence ,,,, what's missing is the pass protection and they
Have all summer to get it together

I guess we'll find out on Tuesday

They`ll have to make room for Dallas Clark as well...he became available today. Both Clark and Wayne will enter upon Manning`s "draft". That will be one of the requirements that Manning will ask for during this tour.