PDA

View Full Version : Toronto today...where do we go from here??????

baseman
03-22-2012, 02:35 AM
No talent in the front lines... #1 (Dion Enough) i.e. not a Captain here... (he was the Captain when he came to the leafs but we all no that Sundin and Armstrong were real captain's in days gone by but Dion was a flash in the pan! :( ...#2 Schenn just sucks!...#3...send Kamaserik back to Montreal... :)
JMHO :tehe:

Sudds
03-22-2012, 02:37 AM
to make things even worse the leafs have terrible goaltending, terrible. Being a leaf fan in not much fun at all.

KIDWCKED
03-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Not sure what will help.Every year they just keep losing...Same ole..

fonger
03-22-2012, 02:43 AM
Send in the marlies.. all of them..

dishuser
03-22-2012, 02:43 AM
sundin was a real captain?
he was nothing more than a cherry picker until it was time to negotiate a new contract
a true captain would know how to backcheck

baseman
03-22-2012, 02:49 AM
to make things even worse the leafs have terrible goaltending, terrible. Being a leaf fan in not much fun at all.
I liked both goalies at certain times but they both have problems that will take 2 or 3 years to iron out...we need a qualified goalie to lead here!!!
!!!!! Martin Pierre Brodeur!!!! comes to mind :)

baseman
03-22-2012, 02:51 AM
sundin was a real captain?
he was nothing more than a cherry picker until it was time to negotiate a new contract
a true captain would know how to backcheck
Look at his stats with the leafs my friend!

LuckyLarry
03-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Trade the WHOLE team for Rick Nash,and bring up the baby leafs.

baseman
03-22-2012, 02:56 AM
you are partly right "a true captain would know how to back check"...Phenought can not skate backwards or frontwards with force!!!

dishuser
03-22-2012, 02:57 AM
Look at his stats with the leafs my friend!read what I posted
since when do stats show where you were stationed on the ice?

Sudds
03-22-2012, 03:02 AM
What is sad about Toronto is losing has become acceptable. Because of corporate Toronto, the seats sell out no matter what. A shame for the true fans. Baseman both goalies would be good back ups not first string, or not right now as you said.

dishuser
03-22-2012, 03:05 AM
What is sad about Toronto is losing has become acceptable. Because of corporate Toronto, the seats sell out no matter what. A shame for the true fans. Baseman both goalies would be good back ups not first string, or not right now as you said.it's been that way for over 3 decades
why would they need to win the cup?
people go to see them lose...lol

fonger
03-22-2012, 03:12 AM
it's been that way for over 3 decades
why would they need to win the cup?
people go to see them lose...lol

Can't even go see them, seats are too expensive or sold out to watch them lose... Argh...

baseman
03-22-2012, 03:13 AM
read what I posted
since when do stats show where you were stationed on the ice?

Why is it that a Captain has to be a backchecker on his forward line?

That is not his main concern as a Captain...I believe?

He was an offensive forward but I am sure he talked to his mates on his line to do what they had to do.

Do you think Doug Gilmore did that with his line mate's in the 92 playoffs??? ...yes I am sure he did... I think we (you & I) are on the same wave-link but in another era...:wove:

baseman
03-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Can't even go see them, seats are too expensive or sold out to watch them lose... Argh...
I hate to say this...(1)...I'm an old fart from Rexdale (not there now:)...(2)...tickets in the 60's and the 72 Russia@ Canada game was like $7.00 per ticket..standing room only...OMG!

dishuser
03-22-2012, 03:20 AM
puck is in your end for minutes and you stand at centre ice?lol
lead by example
no wonder they sucked for decades...lol

Night Prowler
03-22-2012, 03:22 AM
Captains lead by example.......

tester1942
03-22-2012, 03:27 AM

come to Ottawa you can buy a ticket stay the night at a motel and pay for your hole trip cheaper than 1 game in toronto
as a bonus the leafs just might win.

fonger
03-22-2012, 03:30 AM
Sorry tester, rather go to Montreal and just drink instead. :D

tester1942
03-22-2012, 03:35 AM
in Ottawa there is more Montreal or Toronto fans at the games than Ottawa fans.
that's what i ment.

baseman
03-22-2012, 03:39 AM
No talent in the front lines... #1 (Dion Enough) i.e. not a Captain here... (he was the Captain when he came to the leafs but we all no that Sundin and Armstrong were real captain's in days gone by but Dion was a flash in the pan! :( ...#2 Schenn just sucks!...#3...send Kamaserik back to Montreal... :)
JMHO :tehe:...so does anyone have an answer to the ? that the OP asked but forgot to put a question mark on the first post? :tehe:

baseman
03-22-2012, 03:45 AM
puck is in your end for minutes and you stand at centre ice?lol
lead by example
no wonder they sucked for decades...lol
Are you talking about one game about Sundin or every game?...never noticed

dishuser
03-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Are you talking about one game about Sundin or every game?...never noticedevery game
until it was time for contract renewal
then after signing back to cherry picking...lol

Night Prowler
03-22-2012, 03:51 AM
I still don't see the question.....even if there was a ? mark added...:lol:

fonger
03-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Sundin signed with Vancouver after... He should have stayed longer with them.

Night Prowler
03-22-2012, 03:54 AM
every game
then after signing back to cherry picking...lolwe call that suck holeing.....:D

baseman
03-22-2012, 03:54 AM
every game
then after signing back to cherry picking...lol
well bro ...Sittler was great too as a forward...Sundin sure was better then what we have had since him...right?

leafs99
03-22-2012, 05:58 AM
I saw a restaurant promoting free beer for all Leafs playoffs games..lol

scooby8888
03-22-2012, 10:32 AM
lmfao
this is what i love ( hate ) about the leafs fans and trust me i know alot of them. when they were on that winning streak nobody was complaining about anybody they had the parade route picked out and they were bragging they have one of the youngest teams nowhere did they mention they had no goaltending or no captain and nothing about bad coaching. now that the team gave up they just start picking apart everything about the team. they drive me nuts lol. now the line with them is ohh we're playing for a draft pick. who cares about picks there WHO HAVE THEY DRAFTED IN THE LAST 30 YEARS THAT HAS DONE ANYTHING REALLY. i know they do lots after they get rid of em lol. lets face it and i'll say it here like i say it at work to the leafs fans. as soon as you get that jersey on you lose the will to play. i don't know why, its just the way it is. I LOVE IT. it was so predictable just wait till the fans turn on kessel the minute he stops scoring. boston gave up on him for a reason or were giving up on him. just look at what they gave up for him. and thats how a franchise self explodes. so funny

mlew2
03-22-2012, 10:39 AM
come to Ottawa you can buy a ticket stay the night at a motel and pay for your hole trip cheaper than 1 game in toronto
as a bonus the leafs just might win.

Ohhhh NO DOUBT

baseman
03-23-2012, 01:28 AM
I still don't see the question.....even if there was a ? mark added...:lol:
The intro was....
Toronto today...where do we go from here??????

and don't say "move to Montreal" LOL

Night Prowler
03-23-2012, 01:31 AM
The intro was....
Toronto today...where do we go from here??????

and don't say "move to Montreal" LOLit kinda worked for the Atlanta Jets.....:lol:

fonger
03-28-2012, 01:47 AM
It's official.. It's over. Canes blank them 3-0... at home.. sucks...

mclovin
03-28-2012, 02:10 AM
Captains lead by example.......

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/vegas_shark/clarke.jpg

chuck
03-28-2012, 02:42 AM
another season down the tubes! and they were doing pretty good until the 'collapse'. they were the talk of the league for abit. got to 6th spot...thought it was their year. but the coach wilsons coaching style, played apart in their demise. his speed game, run and gun style worked great...in the beginning/mid-point. but the games changes after all-star break.....games are much more meaningfull and intense. teams need to adapt and change their ways. D becomes ever so important, especially when the offense stops producing. wilsons defensive coaching abilities always haunted the team. carlye should bring it....but again as the ole saying goes....mabey next year.

chuck
03-28-2012, 02:48 AM
It's official.. It's over. Canes blank them 3-0... at home.. sucks...

yup, officially eliminated today.
canada has two teams in the post season this year, vancouver and ottawa. odds are the cup is headed south of the border, again.

fonger
03-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Still hurts chuck..still hurts.

kfg56
03-28-2012, 03:30 AM
I am a Leaf fan and now with the playoffs comming I get to watch some real hockey. I sure hope the Leafs play better golf than they do hockey.:grr:

spannertanner
03-28-2012, 03:50 AM
Free up some salary get rid of the names for draft picks and use some marlies Its a no brainer. Its beyond me why a first round pick what 7th overall (Nazim Kadri) played minimal time this year real shame. How do you make a team by adding a few different players every year. Funny how you get chemistry Kessel and Lupul did pretty good together this year. But I think an overhaul is what this team needs a big one I might add. I dont know what more to add but that I'm disgusted in the way this organization went. As a Canadian Im thrilled when any Canadian franchise does well, heres to another year an wishful thinking!

dishuser
03-28-2012, 03:57 AM
Free up some salary get rid of the names for draft picks and use some marlies Its a no brainer. Its beyond me why a first round pick what 7th overall (Nazim Kadri) played minimal time this year real shame. How do you make a team by adding a few different players every year. Funny how you get chemistry Kessel and Lupul did pretty good together this year. But I think an overhaul is what this team needs a big one I might add. I dont know what more to add but that I'm disgusted in the way this organization went. As a Canadian Im thrilled when any Canadian franchise does well, heres to another year an wishful thinking!you do know that if called up 3x they get put on roster right?

spannertanner
03-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Ya so where was he, cant say I seen much of him let me guess was a healthy scratch.

you do know that if called up 3x they get put on roster right?

dishuser
03-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Ya so where was he, cant say I seen much of him let me guess was a healthy scratch.unless they trade him you'll see him all next season

MikeWild
03-28-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm optimistic about my Canucks, but on a brighter side, I went to timmies today for my double double and when I rolled up the rim to win, this is what I saw...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mikewild/timmies.jpg

sorry, but it gave me a laugh! :D

fonger
03-28-2012, 03:18 PM
i'd be fine if they just "barely" made the playoffs, down to the wire... you know? just losing by goal or just almost made it... i can accept that.
but to be 2nd last in the conference basement? to lose so many games? it's just fustrating...

walter76
03-28-2012, 03:53 PM
I thought this was the "rebuild" ???

Who would have thought the season would have ended this bad after the start we had?

They may finish this season with a worse record than last year...wtf!

Night Prowler
03-28-2012, 03:56 PM
the real rebuild started on Mar. 2nd.........:D

sleddy2008
03-28-2012, 07:54 PM
13902 Burkie has had more than enough time

lonster1
03-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Golfing.

Seems they have preferred golf over the playoffs for the last 7 seasons.

;)

The Cobra
03-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Where do you go from here????....FLUSH !!!!

The Cobra
03-28-2012, 09:10 PM
I knew somebody somewhere was going to write a Leaf thread and get me going.........

These 2 jackasses...Burke and Wilson decided in all their grandeur to go into this season with 2 unproven basicly rookie goaltenders ( actual games for Gusty lacking) even tho they knew full well their defense was akin to Swiss cheese, but did they care??...Nooooo. Wilson`s idea of the run & gun was going to take them to the promised land...LMFAO. Great teams are built from the back end out......one back end is gone and now it`s time for Burke to loosen his tie, muss up his hair, put on his best tough guy frown, find a mic and a camera........AND QUIT !!!!!

sleddy2008
03-28-2012, 09:19 PM
And get rid of Phaneuf,he is no leader!

I knew somebody somewhere was going to write a Leaf thread and get me going.........

These 2 jackasses...Burke and Wilson decided in all their grandeur to go into this season with 2 unproven basicly rookie goaltenders ( actual games for Gusty lacking) even tho they knew full well their defense was akin to Swiss cheese, but did they care??...Nooooo. Wilson`s idea of the run & gun was going to take them to the promised land...LMFAO. Great teams are built from the back end out......one back end is gone and now it`s time for Burke to loosen his tie, muss up his hair, put on his best tough guy frown, find a mic and a camera........AND QUIT !!!!!

The Cobra
03-28-2012, 09:29 PM

If I started shredding that team...he`d be one of the first in line. Two cement feet stuck in a couple pylons. On that defense I keep Liles, Franson and Gardiner...the rest? Off with their heads LOL

lonster1
03-28-2012, 09:41 PM

If I started shredding that team...he`d be one of the first in line. Two cement feet stuck in a couple pylons. On that defense I keep Liles, Franson and Gardiner...the rest? Off with their heads LOL

Im not sure why people say that, when he was in cowtown he held the blue line well. I wish he was playing beside Byfuglien in Winnipeg.

They both like to jump into a play, wicked slap shots from the blueline and good solid hitters.

IMO, the leafs need players who compliment each other, Phaneuf is not the only guy on the team and there are others who need to go long before he does.
They need to start at the management level and work down.
The management is lucky to have a following that the leafs have enjoyed, they have been far less
than stellar in many years already.

Somethings gotta give, no matter who they throw in the lineup, if the management and coaching is sub par they will continue to sit on their hands.

kijiji
03-28-2012, 09:46 PM
With all the money the club brings in i just don't understand why they don't dump some serious bucks into getting top of the line players like Detroit has done over the years and yes i understand their sold out every game but its turning into a real joke cause a good jr a club could beat them,its time to stop buying tickets and supporting the club $$$

The Cobra
03-28-2012, 09:54 PM
With all the money the club brings in i just don't understand why they don't dump some serious bucks into getting top of the line players like Detroit has done over the years and yes i understand their sold out every game but its turning into a real joke cause a good jr a club could beat them,its time to stop buying tickets and supporting the club $$$

And there you go...you`re right but it`ll never happen. The Leafs sell out every single game, they would sell out practices if the Leafs printed tickets. I won`t even start with the fact true Leaf fans can`t get tickets nor can they afford a nite at the ACC. It is filled to capacity with blackberry toting, comp ticket holders who couldn`t care less to see a game...but rather they have to be seen at the game.

chuck
03-29-2012, 03:07 AM
And there you go...you`re right but it`ll never happen. The Leafs sell out every single game, they would sell out practices if the Leafs printed tickets. I won`t even start with the fact true Leaf fans can`t get tickets nor can they afford a nite at the ACC. It is filled to capacity with blackberry toting, comp ticket holders who couldn`t care less to see a game...but rather they have to be seen at the game.

right on the money there. the average joe, but true leaf fan has to go to away games to see the leafs, make a trip of it. look at ott, buf, mon....always packed with leaf fans. ACC sold out to corp. and it shouldn't be that way. look at the jets. true north allowed only so many season seats to be sold. it was done online, first come first serve. they have a 15,000 arena packed with dedicated die hard fans, that scream at the top of there lungs for their beloved jets! its practically a 7th player on the ice for them at home games. and look at the home record, its very good. i have been to several jet games and believe me, its an awesome atmosphere. my ears are usually ringing after the game.lol
if only the acc could be 1/2 that!!

sleddy2008
03-29-2012, 04:56 AM
Detroit has developed their players thats why they are where they are year in and year out.Brian Burke is no Ken Holland!

superman99
03-29-2012, 05:03 AM
there is a simple plan do what vancouver did FIRE BURKE

The Cobra
03-30-2012, 11:49 AM
I am totally done with these bums from the top down...they play with no heart, no pride in themselves or the uniform they wear. Not to mention that blustering Burke that has assembled the worst defense in hockey at any level that I have ever witnessed in my 30+ years of coaching. As of today.....I`m a Preds fan..........at least I can watch Carrie bounce around every now and then.

all-world1
04-02-2012, 03:11 AM
There's no issue here. For a team to lose most of it's games year after year, to miss the playoffs year after year, for a long history of player, coach and management bungling year after year, they still fill the place with more paying fans than seating capacity. The longer the Leafs keep losing, the more money keeps pouring in from the fans. It really defies business logic, so I wouldn't change a thing.

Wish I owned a business like this...lol.

TLG
04-02-2012, 01:17 PM
i'd be fine if they just "barely" made the playoffs, down to the wire... you know? just losing by goal or just almost made it... i can accept that.
but to be 2nd last in the conference basement? to lose so many games? it's just fustrating...

To be honest, they quit playing right after Wilson 's firing. Even though they had lost 8 of 10 games during Wilson's last days they really were trying to win. Remember the leafs were hovering between 3 and 6 th place in the conference before the 8 game slide.

The final straw in the leafs collapse may have come from the fans , after demanding Wilson's firing; it became clear that the team did not agree and ultimately quit playing. They really liked Wilson and probably felt as though they threw him under the bus. He was thier coach and they were not about to play for another one! Besides it was too late in the season to start learning new game plans. It was the wrong time to get rid of the coach. (another Burke mistake)

I believe that Burke not doing more at trade deadline to bring in goalie cost Wilson his job and sealed the leafs playoff hopes. Proof of that is the fans yelling “bring back Wilson”

This is a game were clearly, there is no room for mistakes. Like a fined tuned machine, even one small deficiency compromises the whole. The best teams in the league Detroit, Pittsburgh, New York, Vancouver etc. Don't make mistakes,,, or if they do they are quick on damage control.

The leafs could be a good team , and proof is in their start, they certainly don’t need to dismantle the team, they just need to make less mistakes!

Go Leafs Go !!