PDA

View Full Version : com port

whiteheather
01-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Any help or advice would be appreciated.. i have a new laptop with windows 7, the problem i am having is i cannot transfer files via my usb adaptor via null cable as win 7 dosent recognise my belkin adaptor.. my old laptop did... also on the new laptop i cant locate com ports ???? please advise if you can help

many thanks

Charlie

Newf
01-02-2010, 05:57 PM
what kind of laptop charlie? as in brand name?

Pollypurabred
01-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Charlie you got me thinking. I updated my Dell laptop from Vista X32 to Win 7 X64 and never reloaded the device driver for my USB to Serial device.

When I plugged in device it recognized device but could not find a driver. Linked me to the Action Center to Troubleshooting Harware & Software and finally to a ask me to allow internet search, which I did. Found a device driver at prolific.tw but would not load driver. So I had to manually download and installed and now all is well.

Driver is in download section HERE (http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?p=39119#post39119) Let us know if it works and as Newf asked, what brand is your laptop; upgrade or and OEM purchase.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.. i have a new laptop with windows 7, the problem i am having is i cannot transfer files via my usb adaptor via null cable as win 7 dosent recognise my belkin adaptor.. my old laptop did... also on the new laptop i cant locate com ports ???? please advise if you can help

many thanks

Charlie