PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather vs Pacquiao: It’s Not Over Until It’s Over

KIDWCKED
01-02-2010, 06:20 PM
this is a c\p
By Frank Car: So who wants to hear how it’s going to go down? Mayweather vs Pacquiao off? I don’t think so. It only takes a few simple steps and it’s game on. Just in time, coincidentally, for the early January Press conference meeting. What better information can you kick off a press conference with then official news that the Mega-Fight is on.

Step 1 – Mayweather changes his stance on how drug testing must be done, changes it basically to what appeases Pacquiao..

Step 2 – A now delighted Pacquiao drops suit against Mayweather.

Step 3 – Show up in New York (which is where the first press conference is to be held) and present the good news that the Mega-Fight will take place on March 13th after all.

Fact or fiction? I’ll lean towards fact. Both want it, some may need it, now they just need to agree to it.

There may be a be a doubt shadow cast on Pacquiao in the minds of some boxing fans, but some of that doubt was brought on by himself in my opinion. Although the Mayweathers and others have allegedly accused him of doping, that, to me, was almost a bag on the winner type thing, which happens all the time in almost anything. But once again might I add, without proof, it is ridiculous and classless. But Pacquiao’s resistance to taking the random Olympic-style drug test if anything, made my wheels wonder. It’s worth to note I still don’t believe the Pac-Man took anything illegal. If you live in the gym, eat right, and are naturally athletic, over the course of years, it’s not that hard to put on some muscle. However any doubt that I would have which is minuscule, was brought on by Pacquiao’s own actions.

Anyways, I have always said that this will bout happen and in the next few days we’ll know for sure. People have placed bets, booked hotel rooms and have rearranged their schedule for this thing already. It would be ashame to deny everyone the opportunity to see this. Everyone … everyone, that pretty much sums up who wants this thing to happen. Just about everyone wants it to happen, from the promoters, to HBO, to the fans, to the boxers themselves, which is perhaps the backbone of why this will happen. It’s a win-win for everyone. You don’t throw those out, over an inability to come to agreeable terms in the final seconds. They’ll get it done, and I’m not even going to put and ultimatum of how stupid it would be if they didn’t.

Watch for the press conference next week and for, which I like to dub the “Mega-Fight In the Vegas Light” to rise above the turmoil of negotiations and into a reality of first-rate athletic entertainment which inevitably will take place on March 13th, 2010.

By the way, Happy New Year.