Thread: kitchenaide washer has quit drying

ticktack Guest

Default kitchenaide washer has quit drying

does anyone know what could be broke if all the dishes are still very wet after complete cycle has finished?stainless steel interior. thanks for any help on this. oh, it's about 15 years old.should I replace or repair? thanks again.

ruthie Guest

Heater element probably gone which if its like mine also heats the water to proper temperature when washing if your water heater water isn't hot enough....when on dry see if the coil in bottom gets hot...but be careful its like a stove element....theres also troubleshooting codes you can put is it a old dial type? or a new pushbutton top of door panel??

ticktack Guest

it's push button top of door,not really, more like touch but they do push a little. thanks for help i wil see first if element does get hot. if not could it be a control pannel? would i replace or repair?

ruthie Guest

Have the same one sort of just bought mine last oct....had whirlpool in 4 times since then...LOL.. long story....anyways if you look online theres codes you can hit on panel to run a self check...mine is close soap holder inside of door...shut door and hit sani rinse and rinse at same time and hold...all lights will come on and run a self check....but google it....the touchpad is easily replaceable...if you take the inside of door off...6-8 hex head screws theres just a single board inside....just wires with push pins into board...for touchpad and others...look online as well theres youtube videos on how too replace....i would take a look behind door and see if anything is loose going into board, no easy way to check board and you have to pull dishwasher out and amp clamp a wire in the rear to see if heater coil is turning on when in diagnostic check....hope this helps do a lot of googling on these machines it all there to run tests and the how too's for replacing keyboard..

ticktack Guest

just happened to see energy saver dry was on. took it off and all is well. i'm feeling kinda like a nut.thanks again for the quick replies