hxxp://gizmodo.com/5906074/holy-brick-the-lego-back-to-the-future-set-is-almost-here

Nerdgasm: The Official Lego Back to the Future Set Is Almost Here!

Rejoice, my lovely fellow nerds, because one of the Holy Grails of Lego is about to become a reality! The Lego Back to the Future set—the one you are looking at right here—may happen soon.

It includes all the pieces to make three versions of the DeLorean, one for each movie, along with the required props and minifigs of Doc Brown and Marty McFly. It will require you to build your own Lego Hill Valley and it will not include the Lego Nike sneakers, but who cares. This is one sweet Lego set that I'm going to buy.
How is this going to happen

This BBTF set has now 10,000 votes in Lego Cuusoo, which means that the Danish company will now evaluate it in order to start an official limited edition run.

Lego Cuusoo is perhaps the best idea to come out of Lego's Billund headquarters in the whole history of the company: fans submit their own designs and, if they get 10,000 votes, the project gets into the evaluation stage.

Once Lego's designers build their own version—which needs to meet Lego's standards for solid construction—and the licensing gets worked out, the product comes into production and people will be able to buy it in the Lego online store. Just like it happened to the Lego Minecraft set.

I'm so excited now.