Thread: Million Dollar Maybe 31 jan 10

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 380x in 33 Posts

Default Million Dollar Maybe 31 jan 10

From wikipedia

Plot

Homer wins the lottery, but worries when he realizes that he ditched Marge at a wedding to get the winning ticket. To cover his tracks, Homer begins spending his windfall on anonymous gifts for the family, one of which is hiring alternative rock band Coldplay to perform for Bart.

Production

Coldplay guest starred as themselves in the episode.

The band Coldplay guest starred as themselves in the episode.[2] Coldplay drummer Will Champion commented on the appearance: "We actually went to [watch] a read-through for an [other] episode about seven years ago. We were staying in Los Angeles and our friend—our manager—I think knows someone to do with the whole program. So we just went down and had a listen, while all the actors were reading their lines and we were just blown away that we were even there. From then, we just thought it would be amazing to make it on an episode. It's definitely one of those moments where you have to pinch yourself. It's been around for so long."[3]
    The episode will feature a new character created by the winner of the "Best. Character. Ever." contest, in which fans could submit their own ideas for a new, and possibly recurring, Simpsons character.[4][5] Over 25,000 entries were sent in. The winner of the contest was Peggy Black from Orange, Connecticut, who created the character Ricardo Bomba. She described Ricardo as "someone that all the women love and all the men want to be." Black's inspiration for the character came from the fact that there were no characters like him on The Simpsons, and she thought Springfield needed "something like a Casanova." As part of the winning prize, Black was sent to work with the show's producers in Los Angeles. She worked with the animators to bring the character to life; "I described the character and they drew him so I could see if that was my vision of him. It's amazing to see how they captured what I imagined. He's over the top." Executive producer Al Jean was one of the judges of the contest, which he described as "a thank you to loyal fans." Jean also noted that there is a possibility the Ricardo character might appear on the show again.[1]

• Guest Cast
      • Chris Martin Himself

• Stars
      • Hank Azaria Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Moe Szyslak, Chief Wiggum, Comic Book Guy, Lou, and others
      • Nancy Cartwright Bart Simpson, Nelson Muntz, Ralph Wiggum, Todd Flanders, and others
      • Dan Castellaneta Homer Simpson, Grampa Simpson, Barney Gumble, Krusty the Clown, Groundskeeper Willie, and others
      • Harry Shearer Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, Principal Skinner, Waylon Smithers, Kent Brockman, and others
      • Julie Kavner Marge Simpson, Patty Bouvier, and Selma Bouvier
      • Yeardley Smith Lisa Simpson

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,420x in 1,236 Posts
    Items Guitar2CanadaImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM from

you say potato.....
    you say tomato....

"why won't she stop??"

LOL!
    very funny..