Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ants

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,189x in 646 Posts

Default Ants

Does anyone have a proven way to get rid of ants??
    All kinds of solutions on the net and I used many of them but they're still here getting bigger from all the crap I've been putting down for them to kill them lol.
    Has anyone seen a first hand product that actually got rid of them???
    Thanks

Special thanks to TPB for the sig

<")))>< ><((((º> ¸ <")))><.·´¯><((((º>`·..·´¯><((((º>`·.´¯><((((º>`·. ´¯><((((º>`·´¯><((((º> <")))><

hutch Guest

Diazinon granules always worked for me but it was banned in 2004 for residential use however I believe it is still available for agricultural purposes.
    Last edited by hutch; 06-29-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Condor is offline Jr Admin/Satfix 2016 Football Pool - Week 10 & Week 15 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,837x in 5,629 Posts
    Items Mexico
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 11:29 PM from hedley
Gift received at 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM from darlinkat
HugsUSA
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:37 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENT

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin View Post
    Does anyone have a proven way to get rid of ants??
    All kinds of solutions on the net and I used many of them but they're still here getting bigger from all the crap I've been putting down for them to kill them lol.
    Has anyone seen a first hand product that actually got rid of them???
    Thanks
    Hehehehheheeee Mac I know its not funny but what the heck are u giving them Steroids???.. I get millions of them during the summer also.. As Hutch says those granules do work.. I know u probably dont have a Costco or Sams but you can get a large bag pretty reasonably.. But also remember there its a "seasonal item" and in some they already started bringing on the Xmas stuff...lol......

The only thing I am afraid of is what I am capable of

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I was in Costco's two days ago darn it and never thought to look. They do ship free of charge,I'll have to see if I can find it on line.
    Thanks

<")))>< ><((((º> ¸ <")))><.·´¯><((((º>`·..·´¯><((((º>`·.´¯><((((º>`·. ´¯><((((º>`·´¯><((((º> <")))><

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,944x in 802 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 01-01-2014, 09:55 PM from swanner
Message: Great Service and A Good Man...A Gift From Canada...

i like to find the ant hill or nest in the ground and pour a mixture of gas and 2 cycle mixing oil on it (maybe half a gallon depending on the size) then lite it and let'er burn. this usually gets rid of most of them then a little spray or sprinkle of a insect destroyer around the house or garden or whatever the case may be.

this is my red neck solution but hey, it works lol.

scooby8888 Guest

i will agree the gas thing does work. i've heard that if you kill the queen the rest either leave or just die off. i let the gas sit and soak in for a couple minutes then what you want to do is get your face real close and light it up. its also good for trimming your facial hair. two problems solved lol. the face thing is a joke for you people that didn't get it, ok don't do that lol.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Trouble is 90% of them r in my wife's flower gardens,I can do enough damage with the whipper snipper little aloan setting her flowers on fire.... I don't think that will happen lol
    Thanks anyhow

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 34x in 24 Posts

Use Cornmeal. This can be used as a weapon against ants and it's not poisonous to people or animals. Ants eat it and after consuming water, the cornmeal swells inside their digestive organs, killing the ants

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Thanks harry,that's what my wife is using now,maybe it will take a little longer to take effect?

FTA Guest

cornmeal is a good soloution but also add some powdered concrete like a gas mixture just a LOW amount of it mixed in the cornmeal when they eat the cornmeal the cement will harden inside of them and eventually get to the queen and well no queen no colony

as a side note the cement dust in the cornmeal will also eliminate rats if it is a veggie garden if there are any around
    Last edited by FTA; 06-29-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: more info

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,420x in 1,236 Posts
    Items Guitar2CanadaImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM from

i had a little bit of ants and i just used this.. they left.
    HIT THE *THANKS* IF YOU"RE THANKFUL
    I'M CURRENTLY TESTING BUT NOT RECEIVING - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECEIVE

SEARCH TOOL SITE RULES WHO's WHO?

scooby8888 Guest

but the fire thing looks so much prettier for that couple of minutes lol . the neighbours might think you're nuts but they already think i'm a little odd as it is

FTA Guest

i used fire for a different reason lol i lite up all the plants that have grown around the chain link fence neighbors called fire department lol /end hijack

The Cobra Guest

I knew I posted this somewhere.......back 9-6-2010 I posted this in these forums and I still stand behind it...it works.

Killing Ants-------Naturally

This year I had a problem with carpenter ants infesting my garage. Being that the Province of Ontario has determined that I and every other homeowner are too stupid to mix pesticides and weed killers properly they only let "the pros" service our yards-----LOL that`ll be the day. An old farmer friend of mine passed this info to me so I`ll pass it on to you. I took a few spoonfuls of corn meal and put it in several spots around my driveway and garage-----in 3 days I had no ant to be found. It seems the corn meal when eaten and taken back to their nest causes massive gas attacks in ants------ants can`t fart. They die shortly after they eat it.And it works !!!

jainplane Guest

I remember reading your post about this Cobra and went to the Bulk Barn and bought a couple of pounds of cornmeal. I can't say that it eliminated the problem entirely but man, oh man, it sure did decrease the population of the buggers in a big way. Hell, I was even getting them in my house but that hasn't been the case this Summer. I'm talking about the large carpenter ants now. The cornmeal really did help with the problem. Thanks for that tip, Cobra. I do have a couple of ant hills in the yard and 'tho I tried the cornmeal on those I had no success with it. I may need to resort to the gasoline method and even then I don't know if it will get rid of them all. These ones are the little reddish brown ants and there are millions of them. Any tips for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast