Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Helpfull tips

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 68x in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inter56 View Post
    Hi All, the mentioned chantix in USA is available in Canada as Champix I'm using it as I wanted to quit smoking. it has been 17 days now no cravings no side effects so everything is going ok it's hard but with a bit of will power anything can be done.
    INTER56
    You don't need Chantix...it's all in your mind. If you trully want to quit and you have a reason for quitting... you will do it... You can take all the supplements you want ... you may think it works but its all in your mind...only you can control it... just find a reason to live..whether it's for your children or a loved one...
    Daddy & Mommy will always miss you

Please do not PM Me with questions
    Post them in the forums so others may learn and benefit from your experience.

dumb as a stump Guest

Quote Originally Posted by n3uspeed2 View Post
    It's been since January the 1st for me. I was very edgy the past few weeks... but slowly it's getting better for me. I feel alot better I still get tempted and have cravings ...I quit Coffee as well though they go hand in hand. I didn't gain any weight...I did not chew gum ...or use any of those things... I used alot of rubbing menthol...I have to smell the scent... but I guess it's better then inhaling cigarettes... Also...praying helps as well... everytime you want to smoke just look over to your kids...and look at them it make you want to live just a little longer.

Good for you. I'm glad to hear your still with us ( in the land of the non smoking .

link07 Guest

Been a smoker for 9yrs. noticed my smoking incresed each year to a pack/d
    have had a smoke from the time that i get up till i went to bed. since yesterday never had a cigarette. still im alittle on edge don,t know for how long but it's going well so far. glad to have a wife that supports me and kids
    for more incouragements. thanks Link07

PS: YOU CAN DO IT!!!

steelpicker Guest

whether or not you use some sort of kicking the habit product, you are make an effort, it takes one day at a time, and you've got enought support right here...keep going

fifties Guest

Quote Originally Posted by link07 View Post
    Been a smoker for 9yrs. noticed my smoking incresed each year to a pack/d
    have had a smoke from the time that i get up till i went to bed. since yesterday never had a cigarette. still im alittle on edge don,t know for how long but it's going well so far. glad to have a wife that supports me and kids
    for more incouragements. thanks Link07

PS: YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    It's called "withdrawal symptoms", and could last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

At the end of a time period, maybe 7-10 days, calculate how much you saved, and use that money to buy yourself something (or take the wife somewhere; dinner or a flick) to reward yourself.

At a U.S. average of $5.15 a pack, in 10 days you would have saved $51.50...

link07 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fifties View Post
    It's called "withdrawal symptoms", and could last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

At the end of a time period, maybe 7-10 days, calculate how much you saved, and use that money to buy yourself something (or take the wife somewhere; dinner or a flick) to reward yourself.

it's $11.99 where i live and i used to go throughsix and half packs so thats
    $71.94/week. Dinner every night for the wifey.lol. I have noticed that i have been eating alot more snacks than normal. Is that the weight gain
    they talk about? good to know others know here the feeling of withdrawal
    ihope i don't give in to them. thanks fifties/ steelpicker

1boxman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fifties View Post

Good point...But I have quite for seven years now and I look back....Differently a saving..but you never save it...and when you smoke...all ways find money for that...Canadian smoke are double ..sad

Anyway...I look at the heath of it...Feels great not having smoke in my eyes..taste now,,breath ,,not looking for money to buy them...

All I can say is you have to want to quite..

But once a year I have a craving for one..last about 15 seconds...lol

Cheers to who does ...Its a long road...but most do able .

fifties Guest

I have noticed that i have been eating alot more snacks than normal. Is that the weight gain
    they talk about?
    Yup; nature abhors a vacuum. I couldn't get over 130 pounds to save my soul up to the day I quit. A year later I was 160.

Quote Originally Posted by 1boxman
    I have quite for seven years now...

once a year I have a craving for one..last about 15 seconds...lol
    Yes, I forgot about that...But you yourself really are at the end of the craving cycle. I think it may partly depend on how long one had smoked for, or maybe not.

dumb as a stump Guest

it's $11.99 where i live and i used to go throughsix and half packs so thats
    $71.94/week. Dinner every night for the wifey.lol. I have noticed that i have been eating alot more snacks than normal. Is that the weight gain
    they talk about? good to know others know here the feeling of withdrawal
    ihope i don't give in to them. thanks fifties/ steelpicker
    If you sustitute food for smoking you might get chubby BUT its probably still better for you than the cancersticks. Try to substitute for better food ie carrot sticks or somthing you like. If you get frustrrated go for a walk or do something else. I found that I was constantly amazed how much more I got done when I didnt keep stopping for a smoke.

ledzep1 Guest

you have got to want to quit or need to.picture your self in a room with a babby and you cant smoke at all .yes it sounds stupid but you would have to.i my self cant drink it sounds funny but most beer makes me nauseous.

steelpicker Guest

the key to stopping is don't quit quitting. it is hard, but, if you fail after a day, try again. i haven't smoked in 5 years now and will pay the price for doing so until i die. i have emphasema from smoking and second hand smoke from working in bars, night, clubs, arena, and stadiums. several doctors have told me that my 30 years as working/traveling musician add up to close to eighty years worth of smoking. if you want to see whathaving this diseaseis like, take a deep breath and hold it, while holding your breath, try taking in some more air...the rescue inhaler that i always carry is called that for a reason. also keep in mind that i live in one of states the grows the bulk of tobacco...there is no smoking in bars (unlees it is a private club), restaurants, on hospital grounds, most parks, etc.. also, wait until you see what prescriptions to keep you breathing vs a months worth of smokes cost, smoking ain't worth it!

Aedan Guest

I have read your post and I 100% agree with you.
    Your article will be a guideline for those who really want to quit smoking.
    Just an addition do make yourself busy in some physical activity.

igoreshka Guest

here is the best tip: just quit! period!

Hunter11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by igoreshka View Post
    here is the best tip: just quit! period!
    Just to add to this tip, if you don't smoke, DON'T START. It's now 10 months smoke free after 40 years. Good luck to all in there efforts to quit, I never thought I could do it, yes it was difficult but taking it one day at a time and after 3 attempts using Champix, I did it.

dumb as a stump Guest

Well I havn't been around since mid 2010 and you all are still here. Hunter way to go good for you and I hope you stay at it. I have I have lost track if it's 3 or 4 years now smoke free. Just looked it up MAR 5 2008. Still don't want one and can't even stand the smell anymore. IF YOU HAVN"T QUIT YET keep trying and don't stop quitting (like the wise man said before).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast