Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange sound comming from my Nighthawk???

Mavrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FTA View Post
    i jus spoke with a friend of mine he says that the clunking is kind of a normal honda thing .. 2 things he said to try is to bleed the clutch out and secondly bleed out oil and replace with wynthetic 10w 50 if it only does it when it is cold then try getting a master cylinder kit for the clutch ... it may or may not improve it i guess it is a normal honda thing!
    It does it when it's hot or cold (every up-shift in every gear) but I will try the synthetic oil. I will have to figure out how to bleed the clutch......didn't know you could do that?

FTA Guest

if it only does it under load ... it might be the chain or the rear hub or sprocket jus saying but it is a normal honda thing

Mavrick Guest

if it only does it under load ... it might be the chain or the rear hub or sprocket jus saying but it is a normal honda thing
    I was thinking the same thing, I took the side cover off and had a peek at the sprocket/chain and it was not worn at all, I thought maybe a tooth might be missing or the teeth wornout and the chain was skipping but all was good and tight. The sound is not comming from the rear of the bike (rear hub) , it's comming from right below me when on the bike and riding.

FTA Guest

ya try the synthetic and see what happens and blled the master and slave cyclinder for the oil and i am pretty sure you can bleed the clutch out change all fluids you can to synthetic.

iq180 Guest

i had a honda 550/4 that did that and the man i got it from had put new gears on it, but it ended up being the chain was bad.

FTA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iq180 View Post
    i had a honda 550/4 that did that and the man i got it from had put new gears on it, but it ended up being the chain was bad.
    i was thinking chain too even if it looks ok just swap it out you will only spend a couple bucks and hell its a new chain lol

Mavrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iq180 View Post
    i was thinking chain too even if it looks ok just swap it out you will only spend a couple bucks and hell its a new chain lol
    At first I thought the chain as-well, I tightened it.....loosened it.....oiled it.......ect, and there was no change in the sound that was coming from the trany area so I ruled it out. I would be shocked if the chain was the issue but thanks for the thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12