ADD SATS

- So for the first step I’ll go tell the box I have a DiSEQc switch on my system because I do, like I said before in my case I am looking at two satellites 110 and 119.

- Go down to the box that says “Installations” and go in there, go down one to the “DiSEqC Switch” field. For me I’ll add sat 110 to my port 1 and 199 to my port 2 – you’re millage may vary.

- Under DiSEqC 1 - I’m changing the word “ None “ to “Echo 10/11 (Ku)“ by going on the field and highlighting that sat by searching thru the list I’m given on the screen.

- When I’m done that I get bounced back to that same four choice menu and I can see that the number below that satellite that I put in there has a number of 11250 under it. That’s a good thing.

- I’ll pop down one line and do the same thing for the box that says DiSEqC 2 but in this case I’ll pick the word
“ EchoStar 14 (Ku) “ for my number two position and again when done I get bounced back to the main screen.

- So on that screen now I have port 1 setup - looking at bird 110 and port 2 of my setup looking at satellite 119 and I think those are the two main birds or satellites that Dish Network uses. ( I dunno, ask a grown up)

- On that screen at the bottom you’ll also see two pretty colored lines – (at least I hope so) The first line is the Signal Strength that you’re seeing from the bird (it’s in blue) and the second line is the strength of the Quality of the Signal. (that’s in green) can’t tell you much beyond that except that you want to be above 70% to have a decent picture ………. I think !? I rock out at 95% for both, cause I’m so cool! My mom told me so! (grin)

- So you have added one or two or 4 satellites to the box and it sucker can see them (that helps) – Again there’s probably other guides out there to tell you how to find the birds and setup the dish. THIS guide assumes that you’re good to go !

- So now we have to scan the satellites to see what channels are on those birds – again I’ll just go thru step by step for what I do …. If it’s its not right someone can edit the hell out of this guide and re-do it.

- CHANNEL SCAN

- OK, you’re still in the menu …. Hit exit to back up one screen and look for “Channel Search” under the “Installations” screen.

- You’ll get asked for the mystery password of : 0 0 0 0

- So now for me the first bird I want to scan is 110, so at the top of the menu under “Satellite” I want to change it to Ech 10/11 (Ku) and then I want to go down one line and make sure that it matches my port number of 1 from the other DiSEqC screen (the sig and quality meters change too when I pick the bird) so the next line down for me is DiSEqC 1.1 leave it alone at None – don’t change it. My switch outside is a cheap original DiSQqC.

- The next line down is the “TP Frequency” that ‘s the transponder frequency on the bird, I think – in my case it’s now at 12224 and I’ll leave it alone since I have no clue what that is.

- The next line down is the LNB and it shoud be also at the SAME number that I saw with I added the DiSEqC switch in for me that default is still 11250 and it’s there and happy ……

- The next two lines (22KHz Tone and Multi-Dish Switch ) are for fancy switches I think - so for me there both OFF and they are!

- I want the “Search Options” set to the default of: “All Channels” and it is !

- Lastly you DO want the “LNB Power” to be “ON” – it does make things run better! In fact most thing that are on do work better and are more fun, then when they’re off ………

- Soooo, I’ve added the first bird, down at the bottom I can see that I have decent Sig and Quality and the NAME of the bird is what I want to see – for this one: “EchoStar 110 West”

- At the bottom of the screen beside the name of the satellite – highlight “Search” and hit OK!

- You tell see a new screen that shows two columns “TV” and “Radio” they’ll fill up with channels as the scan happens and the bottom bar is the Progress status – it’ll go from 0% to 100% and when it’s finished!

- When that’s done you’ll see a box that says “Message Box” and it will say: “Channel Search Completed” – hit OK on the remote.

- At this point – press the EXIT button on the remote! It’’ ask you if you’re sure you want to change the configuration of the antenna setup – YES you do! It’ll tell you it’s saving that data.

- Go back in to “Channel Search” and do it all over again for the satellite 119 ……

- Password 0000

- Pick …. (in my case) …. EchoStar 14 (Ku) under satellite.

- DiSEqC should be at 2 in the next line down – match the switch settings.

- DiSEqC 1.1 is at NONE

- TP Freq is at the default of 12297 – dandy !

- The LNB Freq of this one is also 11250 – great !

- The next two lines (22K and multi) are still both OFF – peachy!

- Again, the Search Options are set for All Channels

- Yep the LNB is getting power – so it actually works!

- Now my menu screen says I’m looking at: EchoStar119 West – cool!

- Scroll down to the bottom and highlight SEARCH again and hit OK.

- Same two column screen and it’ll look for more channels ……… watch the progress bar.

- Again, when it’s done it’ll say- the Channel Search is Completed – Hit OK.

- Hit EXIT and save it again …..

So now we’re setup the box added in the software for a private server connected up and added in the sat dish and picked what satellites the receiver is going to be looking at and scanned those satellites for the channels that are on them and the ones we probably wanna watch !

Now we wanna add in the subscription you bought and get the sucker going !

SUB SCRIPTION

- So here’s how we’ll do this – we’ll run down the menu settings from top to bottom so you know what each one does and what it should be set at.

- Starting at the top of the MENU field: Channel Manager – I don’t use it but in this case you CAN actually go RTFM it’s actually in the manual and it tells you how to use it and set it up ! (RTFM = - read the ****ing manual)

Installations - Channel Search - we did that for the two birds – done!
- DiSEqC Switch - see above – done already!
- Motor Setup - skip it – you probably don’t have one.
- Network - THE BIGGIE !

- Here is where most people screw up so read it close and do it carefully!

- In here you have 5 choices of sub-menu – so starting from the top!

- IP Setup - this is where you add in you network information for your home computer network,
chances are you’ll use the “Auto” setting which makes life easier. You need an IP number
on the receiver and the subnet and a gateway, lastly two DNS addresses. If you have questions about it – just ask folks on the Forums and ask them to answer it in a full description or don’t bother! (grin)

Usually the numbers will be stuff like: 192.168.0.101 that’s if you get an assigned IP number from your router on your home network, if you don’t have a router – yer kind of a goof because
depending on who your provider is your PC is probably wide open to the internet – that’s bad kids!
The subnet will masked at 255.255.255.0 for 254 hosts – glad you asked?
The gateway is where the packets of magic go to make it work – usually it’s your router on
192.168.0.1 that gets the info from the sat receiver to the router to the internet.
The last two numbers are DNS and they’re the ones that make it easier for us to go to
Code:
www.facebook.com
rather than 69.171.237.16

If it’s happy you’ll see the words: Network: Connected in orange on the bottom of the screen.

LOOK FOR PART 3