PART 3 HERE .............

- SW Download - this one, you can ignore it – you won’t be pulling down any updates that way.

- NET Application - again THE biggie field for data and where most people screw up!
This is where you enter the codes you got for your subscriptions.

- Using the remote go in to it, at the top change it from the default “Nano stream” to the next choice in line
“ Dream “ and you’ll see a whole bunch of sub-menu’s show up!

- In that same field but the next line down “Server No. – it should say “ 1 “

- The next line down ( SoftCam ) should be at: “ NewCamd “

- In the next line down you have two choices: Leave it at “Domain” or set it to “ IP address “ it has to do with that DNS crap and if they change servers – so here are both as of today :

- Input Type = Domain When entering these with the remote you can go to
- Server = 1.nfps.ws caps or lower case and it also can change the . (period)
to a , (comma) if you’re not careful and you also have to use
Or the other option: the menu to properly input each letter or number and then
you have to hit the exit button once to get the icon to jump
Input Type = IP Address down to the OK field to save the stuff – It’s tricky !
- Server = 37.46.112.201

- The next line down from those is called “ Port “ and tha info should have come from the guy you got your
code from – in my case it’s now set to “ 10410 “

- The last line on that screen is the AU – I think it’s for the AUthorization you put in the next field – so in this case it should be: “ On “

- Use the remote to go down to the last field called “Authorization” and go in there.

- You’ll be in a new window called “Dreamnet Authorization” in here you need to carefully key in the
codes that we’re given to you by the same guy you got the code from.

- The first line is called the “ ID “ and it might be something like: 82605630368525
Most guys who sell the codes call it your donation number and it usually has to go in to both fields.

- So in the next line down called the “ Password “ again CAREFULLY enter that same number.

- The last line in the authorization screen is the Des key and that number is usually always the same for everyone
so in this case it should be: 6103403445406970987123412134

- AGAIN – keeping in mind that as this document ages and goes stale these numbers will change!

- When you’re done in there hit exit once and you’re back to the NET App screen and the n hit exit again to get out of there and we’ll keep going down the list!

- OK, so once you back out – you’ll be back at the Network Menu screen – so we’ve setup the IP Setup and skipped SW Download and then gone in to the important NET Application screen and now we’re have two left in this menu.

- Home Stream Setup - this one is again out of the scope of this How-to but again if someone wants’ to add it in – giver ! So we’ll skip the setup of this to just get the box going!

- The same goes for the last line – Video Club – again out of the scope of this document and my abilities! (grin)

- IP Radio is usually grayed out – if anyone want to explain it – chime in!

- That’s it for “ Network “ and that’s the key field in the setup and the two IP Setup and Net App in there!

- Back out again and you’re back at the main GUI menu and we’re on the second box: “ Installations “ and we went thru all of them: Channel Search / DiSEqC Switch / Motor Setup / Network

- OPTIONS

- OSD SETUP In my options I setup:

- OSD Language: English
- Audio Language: English
- Subtitle Language English
- Display Info Bar 12 Seconds
- OSD Position H: 0 / V: 0
- Screen Format 4:3
- Channel History OFF
- Picture Setting Type A

- CONTROL PANEL In my control panel I setup:

- RF Channel CH 3
- Closed Caption OFF
- EGP Time Display 90 Min
- USB Auto Detect ON
- Renumbering Bell
- Local Area None
- Full Channel Name OFF
- Auto TP OFF

- If these are wrong and should be changed – please fix it with a note in the manual saying why!

- TIME ADJUST In my Time Adjust section of the receiver

- Local Time - 7:00 (for me it’s life in the mountains!)
- Summer Time ON
- Year 2012
- Month October
- Date 19
- Hour 17:13 (I started writing this guide at 1:00 – yeeek!)

- PARENTAL LOCK If yer got smut on the screen keep it away from the kiddies !

- OK, so back out of the Options Menu and let’s go down one setting to the one called “ Utility “
and we’ll run thru what the settings are in there as well !

- UTILITY

- System Information - Mine now says : SW: SKY01.12 (Jul 30) LDR 1.08
HW VER: 1.00
USB 2.0 DRIVER: 1.00
NANO PREMIUM (2)

- USB - if I enter in to it without the dongle in the receiver - the screen is empty.

- TIME RECORD - mine is empty – I have never used it.

- FACTORY DEFAULT - I was already in here after I loaded the new SKY 1.12 file earlier today.
I do notice that if you factory a receiver it does NOT get rid of previous info.

- That’s it for utility – the last menu choice is “Accessory “ it’s where you can load files with an old serial port.
Screw that – my old NFusion had that - Yeek !

OK, so that’s it for my long winded HOW – TO ….. I made one years ago for ViewSats that lasted a while but I never saw a decent complete one for today’s newer systems – hopefully it’ll help somebody and again if its wrong – feel free to edit the hell out of it just make a note saying what you did and why !

Again old guys – if you’re going to take the time to answer a newbie’s question please feel free to type a few more words and be a tad more verbose that some of you are. I know you get tired of hearing the same old dumb questions all the time but sometimes when you’re setting it up – you made one dumb mistake and you can’t see it even though it’s right in front of you !

Newbie’s please take the time to try to try to figure stuff out for yourself and if something was wrong or hard help the next guy out by posting it !

Cheers’
Gumby