Thread: having trouble setting up kbox prodigy 2

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default having trouble setting up kbox prodigy 2

I just got the prodigy 2 and am trying to setting it up but have some questions related to its setup.

I had a dreambox 500s previously setup on one satellite which has two drops coming out of two LNBs. One on 118/119 and one on 110.

Nonetheless, I have the two 118/119 hooked up to a switch and from the switch am using receivers around the house. Like I said, the 500s dreamboxes all worked.

Anyhow, for this prodigy 2, i have upgraded the firmware to 204 and have done a factory reset.

Now, when i go to the menu, do i need to make any changes and turn any options off, or just add the server to the network, and do a scan?

When I add the server, and do the scan, i am having a hard time figuring out how to d a proper scan..

I go to menu -> installation --> dish settings

I was thinking i would choose:

Satellite: 119.0W Echostar 14
    LNB Power: On
    LNB Type: OCS-DP
    LNB Freq.: 10.600
    LNB 22KHz Off
    Diseqc SW 1.0: Unsure if i leave this off or choose 1,2,3,4....what is the difference?
    Diseqc SW 1.1: Same issue as listed to DISeqc SW 1.0
    Legacy: off

Let me know if i chose any of those wrong, or if i need to make any other modifications on this thing to work.

When i do the scan, some channels work, and others say Scramble Channel, and then some channels that work some times, sometimes they too say scramble channel.

Have i missed doing something here?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,519x in 1,668 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:26 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM from clarkBENT

I have moved your thread here to the proper forum
    You need to post what switch you are using in your set-up
    If you are using the special 118/119 lnb you need to change lnb frequency to 10750 for both 118 and 119
    That lnb is also not an ocs-dp I am not sure of the type myself,thinks it universal but not sure
    Once you identify your switch we can help you more
    Please post your setting for 118 and 110 too
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for everything and the years of fun and friendship!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

Go for single lnb instead of universal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to muzafar For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Hey I was having a few problems with the KBOX PROdigy 2 as well.

Okay here it goes. I brought a guy over to install the PROdigy 2 a few months back and he set up a couple satellites and the KBOX. The Satellite's are 110, 118 and 119. He set it up for me and scanned and found all of the channels and it was working okay when he left. The thing is though sometimes the channels work and most of the time they don't. And if they do work, they go blank for a couple of minutes every 10-15 minutes. And in order to get the channels to work again, you have to keep changing the channels back and forth a few times. Is there anyway to fix this? I'm sick and tired of having the channels 'sometimes' working and most of the time not working. If you need anymore information regarding my situation, let me know and I'll post more info.

Thank you.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,519x in 1,668 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:26 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM from clarkBENT

Quote Originally Posted by kingzain View Post
    Hey I was having a few problems with the KBOX PROdigy 2 as well.

Okay here it goes. I brought a guy over to install the PROdigy 2 a few months back and he set up a couple satellites and the KBOX. The Satellite's are 110, 118 and 119. He set it up for me and scanned and found all of the channels and it was working okay when he left. The thing is though sometimes the channels work and most of the time they don't. And if they do work, they go blank for a couple of minutes every 10-15 minutes. And in order to get the channels to work again, you have to keep changing the channels back and forth a few times. Is there anyway to fix this? I'm sick and tired of having the channels 'sometimes' working and most of the time not working. If you need anymore information regarding my situation, let me know and I'll post more info.

Thank you.
    first of all you dont have a kbox ,you have a prodigy2
    Your issues could be the server,could be a rcrv related There is not a lot of info on this rcvr
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for everything and the years of fun and friendship!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

i have a limey with the same issue i am sure it is he server but they will allways blame your receiver.

as this is happening to a lot of people.