Wii Homebrew Error Codes [WHEC]

I don't know why someone hasn't started this yet, so I will.
"WHEC" is a compilation of error codes exclusive to homebrew.
Instead of having to ask/answer the same questions all the time, Krisstoff and I thought it would be a great idea to put them all in a list.

So this is how this works; look at the list and see if your error and possible solution is listed. If it is not listed, feel free to post the error code you are recieving and we will try to look into it. If you have a fix for an error and it hasn't been posted (or if you have an alternative) please post that as well.

If you find this thread or the users that contributed helpful, a thanks and/or +rep is always appreciated.

-6: SD/USB Loader Error
Partition not Found. Most likely have a cIOS installed incorrectly, out of date, or missing. Possibly formated the device incorrectly or is unsupported.

-1: SD/USB Loader Error
Hardware not recognized. Most likely have a cIOS installed incorrectly, out of date, or missing. Possibly formated the device incorrectly or is unsupported, or not enough space.

Q. I have formated the device correctly and have cIOS 36 rev 8+ but I am still getting this error; how would I fix this?

A. Be sure to have the device hooked up to the Wii before you power it on. You may lack USB 2.0 support as well, so try installing that.

-1: Wad Install Error
Most likely have a cIOS installed incorrectly, out of date, or missing. Can also be a bad wad or not enough space on the Wii. Possibly formated the SD Card incorrectly.

0: SD/USB Loader Error
Corrupt ISO. Most likely patched incorrectly (you don't have to patch region when using USB Loader).

001: Unauthorized Device Detected
Most likely outdated firmware for your modchip. Possibly an outdated or missing IOS.

002: DVD Read Error / Anti-piracy security
Most likely old or missing IOS.

Q. How can I fix this?

Install a newer IOS 249. There is a 002 fix channel that will fix most of the older games. SoftChip R90 plays the newer games with no problem. USB Loader and/or cIOScorp are other alternatives.

116: Network Connection Error
Failed to connect to the internet or previous installation failed.

Q. I can't install cIOS, I keep getting an error. How do I fix this?

A. You need to downgrade your Wii. I suggest NOT to uninstall IOS249 until you are sure that you have downgraded your Wii.

324: DVD Read Error
Bad burn/media or no cIOS (like IOS 249).

349: DVD Read Error
Bad burn/media or most likely incorrect IOS.

384: DVD Read Error
Bad burn/media or out of date IOS.

574: DVD Read Error
Bad burn/media or out of date IOS. May not be compatible with certain versions of backup launchers (new revs should fix this).

972: DVD Read Error
Bad burn/media or out of date IOS. Possibly a computer issue.

Q. If it is a computer issue, how do I fix it?

A. First, make sure the type of media you're using is compatible with the Wii and/or your computer's DVD Burner. Make sure you have administrative rights on your account; if you're using Windows Vista, try right clicking the software's icon (the one you use to burn games with) and run as administrator. If this still does not work, you may have to do a registry scan/fix (I'm not sure about the last one, but I have seen this posted in a few places, and I can imagine it will cause a problem).

1017 IOS Installation Error
Most likely using an old or incorrect IOS, missing an IOS, or the IOS you're trying to install cannot be installed ontop of another.

Q. How do I fix this error?

A. Fix it by installing a newer IOS 249 than the one you already have (if you don't have it, try installing it). If you still get this error, fix it the same way as Error 2011.

1020: Wad Install Error
Most likely missing trucha sign if you downgraded. Other issues are Out of date IOS or bad/incorrect wad. Memory might be full.

1022: Wad Install Error
Most likely incorrect format or corrupt SD card. Memory might be full.

1029: Wad Install Error
Most likely have cIOS 37 (or other outdated/incorrect IOS) still installed. Memory might be full. Wad may be corrupt (patched/injected incorrectly).

Q. How do I fix this Error?

A. Fix it by uninstalling cIOS 37 (use AnyTitleDeleter) if you have it installed. Try using Custom Wad Manager, as some cIOS may be incompatible with the normal Wad Manager. Try a different wad.

1035: Corrupt IOS
Most likely caused by using incorrect or bad IOS/wad installations. Fix it the same way as Error 2011.

2011: Installation Error
Most likely installed incorrect or out of date IOS; missing trucha.

Q. I can't install any IOS, I keep getting an error. How do I fix this?

A. You can try cIOS fix or AnyTitleDeleter (be sure you know what you're doing). You may also try downgrading IOS (use IOS Downgrader; rarely will you have to use cIOS Downgrader). Try restoring Trucha. You can also try downgrading or upgrading your Wii. (e.g. 3.3 to 3.2, or 3.3 to 3.4/4.0) Refer to Your Questions Answered on how to up/downgrade.

4100: Title Identification Error
When using DVDs, most likely bad burn or media. As for wads, most likely an incorrectly injected wad (.dol and rom injections).

Q. I injected the .dol/rom the same way I do all my injections. What am I doing wrong?

A. You'll need to make sure the account you're using has all permissions. If you're running Vista, you may want to right click on the program and click run as administrator as well