Thread: Dishwasher Leaking water

Newf Guest

Default Dishwasher Leaking water

Ok so my dishwasher just started leaking water from under the front door...any idea what might be causing this? It was doing this while washing...it drained just fine once it got to that cycle...I first thought it might be a clogged drain but if that was the case it wouldn't drain so well would it? Any help would be greatly appreciated...oh its a Whirlpool Gold dishwasher - Model #: DU915PWKS0
    Last edited by Newf; 01-24-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Dopey Guest

Chances are that the seal around the door has a crack in it at the bottom. Can't see any other reason it would leak.

Newf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    Chances are that the seal around the door has a crack in it at the bottom. Can't see any other reason it would leak.
    lol yup that pretty much explains it I would think...seems obvious now that I read your reply lol...not having a good weekend, too many things breaking!! Thanks Dopey...now all I need is to find out how to replace the seal I guess

Dopey Guest

Now your going to have to start doing the dishes yourself.

Newf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    Now your going to have to start doing the dishes yourself.
    Did I mention I am married....lol...just kidding ladies...yup better get it fixed fast!!!

sneerboy Guest

I presume you still haven't fixed the leak.

We had a leaking dishwasher that drove us nuts. I wasn't the door seal. The water was running around the tub from the filler assembly, then along the outside of the door seal.

Get a bright light and a mirror, remove the panel below the door and watch while the unit fills. If the water is coming from above, pull the machine out, pull off the fill hose, and scrape the mineral build-up from inside the plastic assembly bonded to the side of the tub (inside the tube where the hose was connected.) A slight obstruction causes water to splash out and run down the side. (I don't just make this stuff up.)

cheers, sneers

Newf Guest

thanks sneer,

I actually couldn't find a seal anywhere so I did some looking around in there and found a bunch of buildup around the bottom of the door, so I scraped it all out and tried it again...no leak...I will be watching it for sure the next few times we use it.

DSD Guest

I see you fixed that leak,I too own a whirlpool Gold dishwasher and had the same trouble but I found that the gasket under the bottom spinner had moved out a little and was blowing water out of the base and under the door and I did clean the door gasket and it also stopped but ever now and then it would be all over the floor.I took the base all apart cleaned it and reinstalled the gasket and never looked back... I also have a portable dishwasher,,it screws in bed.....

lars Guest

Default dishwasher

Our Maytag started leaking at the same place recently, after observing and cleaning up several puddles of dishwater after shutdown I discovered that the door hinge on one side had loosened, slipped slightly out of position and broke the door seal at the bottom right side. Next time open the door and give it a wiggle, you might be suprised.