Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: client programs

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 25 Posts

Default client programs

anyone no if there is any benefit to running the new 2.2.70.545(final) client over running the 1.04?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,077x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Goo came out with about 12 versions of the 2.0 before the final. I tried one of the earlier versions on my nano for a short time but not long enough to really say if there was a benefit. Before the 2.0 version there was if memory serves me right version 1.01, 1.04, 1.11 and 1.14. Some versions worked with certain stb's but not others. So I guess one benefit is that the 2.0 version has all the supported stb's rolled into one. I'm going to try it out on my 2700A and my 600s before long. That is if I can get my lazy hind end busy and drag em out of there boxes again. lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 25 Posts

lol. ok i will continue to roll the 1.04 then it seems to be decent enough for now and thanks again for all your help always!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mcdonald35 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 51x in 33 Posts

I have been trying to use this latest 2.2 Client on my CaptiveWorks 600S without any success, keep getting some error message about receiver protocol. I changed the receiver protocol to 4 for this receiver and it will not work, does anyone have this running a CaptiveWorks receiver?. As a matter of fact I have tried to use other versions of the Client 1.11V and 1.14V on this receiver without any success, am i missing something. I would like to try using something different from the Rqsssp 1.03V or 1.04V as my box keeps freezing with both.It seems to lag behind in comparison to the Client that I use to run a Ultra Lite without a problem and without any freeze.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 25 Posts

ran on 1.04 for few days before i disconnected to test other boxes i had kicking around.. i will reconnect my600s now and see what its acting like

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 25 Posts

im sorry i messed up i am running the v1.11 with almost no freezing and when does back on in about 5 seconds maybe... did u load the 2.31_caid_fix?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 65x in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonald35 View Post
    anyone no if there is any benefit to running the new 2.2.70.545(final) client over running the 1.04?
    last release was actually 2.2.96.568

I found version 2 a lot easier to set up since you don't need com0com......just have to unzip and enter your info.

Some of the other features also............
    run like windows service ........so you don't see it on PC
    option to choose how many times it tries server before going to next server.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 51x in 33 Posts

Are you saying that you are using the latest Client 2.2V to run your Captiveworks 600S receiver. If the answer is yes, what are the setting that you are using? What receiver protocol are you using and Baud rate.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 51x in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abouttosnap View Post
    Goo came out with about 12 versions of the 2.0 before the final. I tried one of the earlier versions on my nano for a short time but not long enough to really say if there was a benefit. Before the 2.0 version there was if memory serves me right version 1.01, 1.04, 1.11 and 1.14. Some versions worked with certain stb's but not others. So I guess one benefit is that the 2.0 version has all the supported stb's rolled into one. I'm going to try it out on my 2700A and my 600s before long. That is if I can get my lazy hind end busy and drag em out of there boxes again. lol
    I really would like to get a feedback when you start testing on your 600S, I have one of this receiver and would love to have it running on the 2.2V Client.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdread View Post
    I really would like to get a feedback when you start testing on your 600S, I have one of this receiver and would love to have it running on the 2.2V Client.
    After reading this thread earlier I pulled my 600s out of it cocoon and messed around with it. I tried several of the 2.0 versions with various settings and came up empty. The protocol is listed in the client but none of the cw stb's are listed in the receiver list as known to be working. I even messed around with the port setting in the devise manager of my laptop and still nothing. I also tried the 1.11 and the 1.14 but from my read they were never setup to use with the cw so I figured I wouldn't get no where. But it is possible I could have missed something.

I'll check around and see if someone has one running with the 2.0. And if so hopefully find out how they have the client setup.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 25 Posts

the 1.11 works well on the 600s.. ive had it hooked up for a few days with minimal problems...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mcdonald35 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

the 1.11 works well on the 600s.. ive had it hooked up for a few days with minimal problems...
    Did you make any changes in the config file?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 25 Posts

all i did was put my codes in and saved the program.. started up the client and it came on right away. i followed the pictures and instructions you posted in the how to set up cw600s for p$ forum..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mcdonald35 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 51x in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abouttosnap View Post
    After reading this thread earlier I pulled my 600s out of it cocoon and messed around with it. I tried several of the 2.0 versions with various settings and came up empty. The protocol is listed in the client but none of the cw stb's are listed in the receiver list as known to be working. I even messed around with the port setting in the devise manager of my laptop and still nothing. I also tried the 1.11 and the 1.14 but from my read they were never setup to use with the cw so I figured I wouldn't get no where. But it is possible I could have missed something.

I'll check around and see if someone has one running with the 2.0. And if so hopefully find out how they have the client setup.
    Thanks man, I appreciate your feedback. I have been trying to get this thing to work with the Client without any success. Will keep a look out for any progress, I am in discussions with Goo who has promised to assist me with this, so if I do get it to work will let you know.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 51x in 33 Posts

all i did was put my codes in and saved the program.. started up the client and it came on right away. i followed the pictures and instructions you posted in the how to set up cw600s for p$ forum..
    I am of the view that you are not sure what you are taking about here. You are saying you used the Step by step instructions by abouttosnap to get the 600S up and he is trying to do the same and cannot get it to work. I noticed whenever We ask you to explain what you did you cannot give any sensible explanation. I don't think I want to waste anymore time asking you explain anything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast