Thread: MagicJack on your smart phone or iPhone

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 86,057x in 13,397 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:22 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 04:59 AM from hope32

Default MagicJack on your smart phone or iPhone

This is a copy and paste from another site and I cannot verify if it is accurate though I think the guy who posted it is realible.
    DW_Wood

MagicJack on your smart phone or iPhone

Not sure if everyone knows that you can get MagicJack (VoIP calling) on your smart phone (andorid google play store) or iphone (itunes) for free.

It will allow you to call anywhere in North America for free with no time limits or restrictions. No signing up or credit cards.

I bough MJ Plus today at Walmart and I seen that there was a download for android and iphone so I did the android version and used it all day before actually signing up and using my MJ Plus at home.

This is NOT spam for MagicJack. Just thought I could pass on some savings to my friends here with a good little app.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 22x in 12 Posts

Thanks for the info, I know it works I use it on my iphone with no problems It's been couple of years now.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 187x in 81 Posts
    Items HookahCrown RoyalRhinoDogElephantPinkfloydSubmarinehelicopter

Question

don't you have to have some type of monthly data/broadband plan (to access internet) enacted on iPhone/android for MJ plus to work? so technically thats not free (unless you are refereeing to using an open wi-fi hotspot). & You do have to pay $20 @ yr (if you pay for 5 yrs,) Yearly is $30 &&&&& IF YOU KEEP YOUR HOME # (Port) That ADDS ANOTHER $10 @ YEAR for the MJ plus itself. One more thing buy an extra 110VAC-5VDC USB transformer, mine lasted exactly a year & a week. Had several spares, especially good cheap ones are 5VDC-2 full amps from madvapes for recharging e-cigs. Twice the capacity of original MJ plus.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 576x in 292 Posts
    Items DogHookahCrown RoyalCamaroCheckered FlagCheetosCanada

i just tryed it and it works.....yes its free.....thanks for the info chicot60......
    testing NFHD , mag 254...-pointed @,82..129-on 60 in samsung smart tv in livingroom, ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drparty333 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 145x in 65 Posts

The app is not compatible with all smartphones.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 576x in 292 Posts
    Items DogHookahCrown RoyalCamaroCheckered FlagCheetosCanada

i should of said that i tryed this on Android..samsung...and it works...
    testing NFHD , mag 254...-pointed @,82..129-on 60 in samsung smart tv in livingroom, ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to drparty333 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 187x in 81 Posts
    Items HookahCrown RoyalRhinoDogElephantPinkfloydSubmarinehelicopter

Lightbulb

After perusing 48 pages of reviews it would seem peeps are all over the map on this, 1-5 stars. Major complaints about increased battery drain, no way to turn off/exit without disabling/removing app, & confusion over FREE or $10 /$20 yearly cost after initial 30 day trial. Couldn't find info to determine if app is compatible with my prepaid T-Mobile comet android. My $100 sim card, good for an entire year, (for1200 anytime mins & or texting), doesn't include data plan. Will attempt download from an open wi-fi hotspot.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 96x in 57 Posts

Been using magicjack via computer, iphone, ipod,and ipad for going on three years, this year I got a Canadian number, price hike this year cost $50 for the year, worth every penny, compared to Bell bill $50/month min.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to d1964 For This Useful Post:

bkr™ is offline Moderator/Satfix 2014 Super Bowl pool Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952x in 711 Posts

Been using MJ for @ 4 years now, I have 2 modules and can call to US for nothing and call my home here for nothing also when I am or was in US, best investment I ever made for voip phone connection, and also can call Canada.