Thanked 1,362x in 550 Posts
    Items Surfboard
Gift received at 01-06-2020, 08:15 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM from darlinkat
there is water involved lolbeerCrown Royal
Gift received at 11-11-2012, 07:48 PM from Just_angel

Quote Originally Posted by Just_angel View Post
    sure would....
    Same here angel, actually at my age i may keep the s3 over sex if i had to choose.lol

Unless, you're offering.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 96x in 57 Posts

Get her an ipad, way more free kid friendly apps and an app named puffin, allows most flash, if you jailbreak the device(not hard to do) you will never look back at Blackberry or android products, I had a playbook 16gb that I was able to sideload android apps but battery was poor when playing games with my three year old ipad I still get about 8-9 hours of solid play look into jailbreak ,cydia, vshare, and appcake will provide millions of free apps that you normally have to pay for.... I suggest the mini ipad with the 6.1.2.os still jailbreakable.................

3. The Following User Says Thank You to d1964 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 708x in 384 Posts
    Items Dish

i like free apps....but the blacky berry has a nice bluetooth key board and case.....can you do that set up for the ipad mini?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 198x in 99 Posts

All so check out the Kindle fire or any of the kindle stuff lots of books you need ..just giving u a few more options..have all the Mac stuff..Mac Book , iphone , ipad retina display , mini..a great product but the price is high and the other devices are getting better and closer to apple quality
    Run Hard Fly Straight Duch, You Are In My Thoughts And Prayers Forever , RIP MY Friend

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clarkie For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 198x in 99 Posts

The Apple ipad has a built in keyboard so NO need to buy one.. but you can purchase one for around 50.00 its a Option not needed but its a option..IMO
    Run Hard Fly Straight Duch, You Are In My Thoughts And Prayers Forever , RIP MY Friend

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clarkie View Post
    The Apple ipad has a built in keyboard so NO need to buy one.. but you can purchase one for around 50.00 its a Option not needed but its a option..IMO
    Earth shattering - wonder when will other manufacturers incorporate something like that on their devices. lol

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Dish

they all have the build in key board i thought?

oh dear....choices choices......i really want it for me any my daughter ......really thought it should be for her for the educational games. i'm not really looking for angry bird games.

she might when she is older but for now i'm trying to be that "good Parent"....let her rot her brain with the other content later in life...lol

they i can at least say i tried.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,914x in 1,006 Posts
    Items Rep
Gift received at 07-14-2013, 03:10 AM from nobody
Gift received at 12-05-2012, 08:18 PM from Terryl
Gift received at 11-20-2012, 03:50 AM from dishuser

Quote Originally Posted by tbird686 View Post
    they all have the build in key board i thought?

oh dear....choices choices......i really want it for me any my daughter ......really thought it should be for her for the educational games. i'm not really looking for angry bird games.

she might when she is older but for now i'm trying to be that "good Parent"....let her rot her brain with the other content later in life...lol

they i can at least say i tried.
    on screen keyboard is what its called

check kijiji lots of good tablets on there

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,420x in 1,236 Posts
    Items Guitar2CanadaImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM from

Quote Originally Posted by d1964 View Post
    Get her an ipad, way more free kid friendly apps and an app named puffin, allows most flash, if you jailbreak the device(not hard to do) you will never look back at Blackberry or android products, I had a playbook 16gb that I was able to sideload android apps but battery was poor when playing games with my three year old ipad I still get about 8-9 hours of solid play look into jailbreak ,cydia, vshare, and appcake will provide millions of free apps that you normally have to pay for.... I suggest the mini ipad with the 6.1.2.os still jailbreakable.................
    excellent, i thought i was going to be the only person that will recommend any idevice.. yes, the ipad is the way to go for me and my family.

Quote Originally Posted by tbird686 View Post
    i like free apps....but the blacky berry has a nice bluetooth key board and case.....can you do that set up for the ipad mini?
    there is a great bluetooth keyboard/case cover which is non-apple product.

there are so many apps out there for kids and my 4 year old just loves it.. google toca boca app.. heehee or go to:
    http://tocaboca.com
    HIT THE *THANKS* IF YOU"RE THANKFUL
    I'M CURRENTLY TESTING BUT NOT RECEIVING - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECEIVE

SEARCH TOOL SITE RULES WHO's WHO?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fonger For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

In a non too distant past apple was the cats a** - and the reputation was hard earned and well deserved. Currently ? just part of the rat race trying tpo make as much $$$ as possible - lying and missleading customers like the rest of the pack.

They ( the I ppl)are still riding on momentum - it is changing tho , ppl are starting to talk about them like they used to about microsoft. . Ipad ? good tablet , highly over rated and far from bug free , not to mention overpriced.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StanW For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 198x in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StanW View Post
    Earth shattering - wonder when will other manufacturers incorporate something like that on their devices. lol

I guess i dont know as much as some people here..

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 69x in 43 Posts
    Items Rose
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:50 AM from ICEMAN

I can't believe this thread has gone two pages without anyone asking...Why does a four year old need a tablet? Children under five should not have any, or very little "screen time". It is proven to be detrimental to development of many areas of the brain. I would recommend getting some good quality educational toys, games, and books that your child can touch, feel, play with, and experiment. Interactive video games are not at all the same as playing with a physical toy. There are lots of good puzzle toys and games out there that are intellectually stimulating and fun to play with. There's also this magical place called "outside" where you'll find green(!) space and these places called "playgrounds" where you can take your child to socialize with other children, and you with the other parents.

I don't care what app you have, an I-device is not going to provoke a child's sense of curiosity like a quality toy will. It's also detrimental to social development and forms habits that can lead to a sedentary lifestyle and obesity later in life. Behaviours learned at that age can form habits that are very hard to break later in life.

Good reading:
    Code:
    https://www.healthykidshealthyfuture.org/home/activities/screentimes.html
    Code:
    http://www.screenfree.org/screentimefs.pdf
    Look around here:
    Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/kids-learning-education/b?ie=UTF8&node=166269011
    Last edited by satchick; 04-17-2013 at 02:02 AM.
    Satellite Equipment:
    10' Orbitron, Openbox S9, General Instrument 920
    Shaw subscription, HDPVR630, 2x HDDSR600,
    1m Channel Master (125w), Coolsat 8000

OTA Equipment:
    Unknown model VHF/UHF combo antenna, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Channel Master rotator, 35' Rohn 20G tower

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Dish

well this kills you and that will kill you....what ever. i believe she would benefit from it if you don't like its ok. but thats not what i was asking in this post.

please start your own post.

i just was asking for information on what apps were there and other peoples experiences and preferences.

my daughter is starting kindergarten in September...my province is the one with money, i don't have much but the schools are really up to date.

i'm just trying to keep up with the times. they don't even teach cursive anymore...everything is going to computers.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052x in 934 Posts

A couple of my grandkids who were not in school as yet got nexus 7 for xmas and it is a great tool for not only games but learning how to spell and compose letters to name a couple of benefits. Some will tell you to buy games or books, not knowing that a tablet is all about games, books and many other things. And as parents we don't have to be told to have our kids out to playgrounds to socialize and of course time would be limited and used as a reward for use of the tablet.
    As far as creating a sedentary lifestyle or obesity, that is all hogwash. If you are a good parent and give the child what he/she needs in life, then you have fulfilled yourself as a parent. Good luck

19. The Following User Says Thank You to whoknows For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Call me a softie but the way I look at it my 5 year old grand daughter can spend an hour or two playing on a tablet after her 16 hour stint at the Nike factory down the road (| after she's fed the pigs of course)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast