Thread: Setup

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 28 Posts

Default Setup

This is not my work but may help.
    gopalmm2
    09-22-2010, 08:21 PM
    Here's a how to. I modified it from an old guide I found.

EDIT: Has been tested and it works.

a.Open WinSCP and log into your CW3/4K.
    b.Go into PuTtY and type rwroot in the command line to enable read-write capabilities in the root directory. ***Make sure you remember to disable this when you are complete with this exercise by typing roroot in the command line.
    c.Starting from the root directory, go to /usr/local/bin folder and about 1/3 the way down, you will see a file called fix_sc. Open this file and comment out (add a # symbol in front of) the lines clear_sc_entries and disable_logging located at the end of the file. It should look like this when you are done:

check_hd
    #clear_sc_entries
    check_adapters
    modify_sc_caps
    #disable_logging

Next, enable logging by going into the user profile and satellite TV as if you are watching TV. Press the menu button on your remote and follow the menu options system---system setup---VDR installation---7 plugins setup---1 SC (0.9.0 Unknown)---message logging. Change log file to yes; show user messages yes; and reset all modules to default (it will ask you if you are sure, press OK on your keyboard.) This will send you back to the SC (0.9.0 Unknown) menu. In this menu, select cryptosystem options and make sure that cardclient: connect immediately is set to yes. Now you are ready to make changes.

a. Back in WinSCP, browse to the /captive/vdr/plugins/sc folder and disable your EMU (if it is currently working) by renaming the Softcam.Key file to something else like modSoftcam.Key. Make sure that you do not delete it!!! Ensure that it is not working by trying to watch TV. Unlike other discussion?s instructions, DO NOT TOUCH OR DISABLE THE ecm.cache file!!!! After many many days of failures, I discovered that this file is critical for decryption during cardsharing as well as software decryption by vdr-sc!!!

b. Browse back to/captive/vdr/plugins/sc folder and rename the cardclient.conf.example file to cardclient.conf. Edit this file for setting up the CW3k/4k as a newcamd client by adding the following line:

newcamd:fenfu.dynsite.net:10010:0/1816/FF00:accesscode:accesscode:61034034454069709871234 12134
    gopalmm2
    01-07-2011, 07:52 AM
    Here are some more details on this. A friend of mine posted a feedback on what works best for him:
    C/P:

Here what works for CW4 setup

My first suggestion would be to do all file manipulations in winscp. Use winscp to log into the CW4K (if you are doing so from a windows computer). If you use winscp, you can make the changes to the files and rename files like you would in a Windows explorer interface...using putty would mean doing everything via command-line. Putty is the best option if you have to run a Linux/unix command like rwroot or roroot which cannot be done in winscp.

Now onto trying to help out:

I wrote the original CW3K/4K tutorial a couple of years ago for people who really wanted to learn the process and to then check their progress by logging vdr and the vdr.sc softcam. This is not necessary if you just want to get your TV working. In fact, there are only a few steps needed. Start fresh...this is to be sure that you have undid all changes made beforehand. "Rev 15"

(A) reinstall (or restore) 17r2 software if that is your preference. I would advise sticking with 16r2 because it is my understanding that there are channel tuning issues with the 4-22 vdr.sc softcam that was made for the ver 17 Kernal. If you decide to step back to 16R2, any file from the N2 days would work...but NOT the 4-22-09 file made for ver 17 kernal!!!! I read somewhere that the 12-6-08 file works great with 16r2. Install the softcam (SC plugin) AFTER a fresh install/restore of the software, and after you have scanned in all of your channels. A fresh install would insure that there aren't multiple copies of the softcam.key, cardcleint.conf, and ecm.cache files---which could be troublesome.

The only thing you really HAVE to do is:

(1) As mentioned above, download and install the SC bin file (the 4-22 file in the case for 17), after fresh software install/restore and channel scan.

Code: AutoPuTTY

at Dos promp type "rwroot"

then hit enter, this will enable read-write capabilities in the root directory.

#4 Open WinSCP

HOST NAME...as...cw-lmc

USER NAME...as....root

PASSWORD..as.....captive

to get to the correct directory double click the arrow at the top until the director = "/" (Blue Line)

Comment out clear_sc_entries and disable logging buy putting a # in front of those two entries

should look like this

check_hd

#clear_sc_entries

check_adapters

modify_sc_caps

#disable_logging (didn't find this there but added it anryway, It's a comment)

save changes to file

(2) rename the "softcam.key" file to something else or delete the file (however, delete is not recommended...just in case!).

(3) rename the " cardclient.conf.example" to "cardclient.conf" then edit the newcamd information.

If you are connecting to a DN server, your newcamd line should be:
    newcamd:serverort:0/1816/FF00:usernameasswordes key

If you are connecting to a b*v server, your newcamd line should be:
    newcamd:serverort:0/1815/FF00:usernameasswordes key

* You could use both lines if you have access to both servers.
    **use FF00 (FF zero zero) as a mask...for some reason FFFF does NOT work

You should be cardsharing after logging out and logging back into the user profile.
    Just those 3 steps---The rest is for troubleshooting if you need a log file, so there is no reason to tweak the VDR unless you made some changes in other attemps. If you are still having problems, it might be a buggy install requiring you to blow the brains out of your CW4K and starting from scratch with a new install of 17r2.
    Last edited by torpainter; 04-23-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: link to other site

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mindbender For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,744x in 641 Posts

No live links to other sites !!!
    Please do not PM Me with questions
    Post them in the forums so others may learn and benefit from your experience.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kijiji For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 28 Posts

Thank you for removing it ,my bad .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mindbender For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Thank you for your very clear and to the point instructions. However, I have the following problem, I am using 17r2 and updated to 4-22, make all the modifications to the Fix file as well as rename softcam and aded my iksrocket settings to cardclient.conf. Yet, when I try to channel surf it is only opening the non encrypted channels and in most of them I get the error "channel not available". Please advise, for I have done a system restore to 16r2 but will wait for your feedback before doing any changes or upgrading.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 28 Posts

Is your iksrocket good ? C.N.A. Only whenever you are not canected to server . If you would like to test with 16-2 you do not put 4-22 on . You need to use the old sc. Also M.N.A. Happens if the vdr app locked up . If you have a atsc I would turn it off and test with just the dvb or sky , then turn it back on. To reconnect to the server or start the vdr app you only need to exit your profile and go back in to it.

Side note you need to turn the box on and off ( with the switch ) after you put 4-22 on until it gives you the third party software added note. You my need to cycle it more than once .
    Last edited by mindbender; 06-18-2013 at 12:04 PM.