Thread: Matt Hardy On Missing ROH Border Wars, Jealousy Between Him Steen

ironworks is offline Moderator/Satfix 2014 NFL Pool week #2 Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,395x in 3,027 Posts

Default Matt Hardy On Missing ROH Border Wars, Jealousy Between Him Steen

Former ECW Champion, multi-time WWE/F Tag Team Champion and current ROH star “Wrestling Jesus” Matt Hardy joined Kayfabe Wrestling Radio Tuesday Night. In a nearly 30 minute interview, he discussed why he wasn’t at the Border Wars iPPV, if there was possibly any jealousy between himself and Steen or if the fallout was more because of Steen and Corino, Matt Taven’s World TV Title win and his ‘priceless’ reaction to the win, on joining SCUM at the 11th Anniversary Show, what he thinks about the SHINE Wrestling product, his involvement with Southern Wrestling Superstars and what made him say yes, on being a part of the New England Hall of Fame and Fan Fest event, the perceptions people have of him versus his character on television, his reflections on Owen Hart on what would have been Owen’s 48th birthday, his time with Extreme Rising and the ‘incident’ with Luke Hawx, what a current Matt Hardy would tell his younger self and so much more.

Why he wasn’t at the Border Wars iPPV: “No, I was never supposed to be there; actually I’ll let everybody in on a little secret, when I first started speaking with Ring of Honor and Jim Cornette in September of last year, we kind of had an idea for a storyline arc that was going to go from December to WrestleMania weekend but because things went so well within that time, we decided to extend that and by the time we actually looked into the May dates, I was already booked on that weekend. So, I start back with them full time with everything else past this. It’s going to work out just fine storyline wise, once we explain why I wasn’t there. But basically, in a nutshell, Kevin Steen I really wanted to be his friend but he hurt my feelings by cursing me and also the Ring of Honor fans. I saw to all the Ring of Honor fans and to Kevin Steen: don’t be a bully, be a star.”

Was there jealousy there between himself and Steen or were the issues between Corino and Steen: “You know, I think the biggest issue Kevin Steen has with me is that he’s like a representation of the Ring of Honor fan base, in many ways. Even when he was a bad guy, he was still cheered for and I think Kevin Steen just goes ‘Well I’m (Hardy) a WWE guy and I’m just taking up Ring of Honor regular’s airtime and their spot on television.’ So, you know there’s a part of that and people crucify me for any mistakes I have made in the past, so I think all that rolled up into one is why Kevin Steen is so judgmental of me and he just didn’t want to pal around with me or be with the group. But I like Kevin personally; you know I think he’s a really cool guy, but I think his decision to not allow me to help to retain the title and to insult me and to bully me like he did, is really going to come back to bite him when it’s all said and done because you’re looking at a Matt Hardy now who’s really reborn and reinvigorated and I’m getting ready to go hard again for a full-time, regular run in the wrestling business and my fist stop is winning that Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Championship.”

Matt Taven’s World TV Title victory and his reaction to losing a shot at the title: “You are, you’re totally right in what you’re saying there and taking the pulse of the emotion I was feeling. I mean, myself and Adam Cole were looking past Matt Taven as we saw ourselves finally getting that one-on-one match we’d both been looking forward to for so long that next night but, you know, looking back in hindsight, I’ve actually been in the ring with Matt Taven before he even started with Ring of Honor and he’s a very talented guy. It’s one of those things I’m happy to see him win the Television Title and be successful, although I should have been the guy to win that title, on my way to the World Title. But, with all that said and done, Matt Taven has really come in and he’s really found a niche immediately with the whole hoopla thing and Truth Martini, so good for him, man. It’s always nice to see a new, young superstar break through and really get an opportunity and take the ball and run with it.”

On joining SCUM at the 11th Anniversary Show: “You know it’s funny because there were a couple of guys, I’ll be fully honest; someone like Rhett Titus, who the Ring of Honor fan base actually, I think they respect him and they appreciate him because he’s a Ring of Honor original and that’s where he was kind of born and bred. So I think, even for the Ring of Honor fan base to see him join up with SCUM, they’re like ‘Oh My God, Cool! Rhett Titus is going to get another shot; he’s going to get an opportunity. We’re going to see a lot more of him; a brand new and renewed push and character for Rhett Titus. Yea!’ And a couple of the guys were really cheered; they were excited to see Cliff Compton (Domino) show up but when I came out and I took off the shirt, there was no one happy to see me join SCUM, and that’s one thing I really enjoy more than anything else about my Ring of Honor gig; is that the people there that legitimately dislike me, really legitimately dislike me and I don’t have to any heel stuff to try and push them to dislike me any further.”

You can follow Matt on Twitter (@MattHardyBrand) or through his personal websites xxtp://matthardybrand.com[/url] or hxtp://shopmatthardy.com) in order to get the latest news, notes and event information where he will be performing and his latest merchandise. You can also see Matt weekly on Ring of Honor television programming, through your local Sinclair Broadcasting Group stations and at the upcoming “Best in the World iPPV opn June 22nd; visit [url]wxw.rohwrestling.com or Ring of Honor on Twitter (@ringofhonor) for the latest on upcoming events, listing of stations showing Ring of Honor programming and for iPPV ordering information. You can also see him as part of the debut of Southern Wrestling Superstars; go to wxw.southernwrestlingsuperstars.com and wxw.facebook.com/pages/Southern-Wrestling-Superstars/492537777462119 for the latest card and ticketing information. Matt will also be a part of the the New England Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame and Fan Fest event on June 22nd in Fairhaven, MA; go to nepwhof.weebly.com/ for more information on the event and as well as roster of talent attending and ticket prices. You can also visit their Facebook page (wxw.facebook.com/NewEnglandProWrestlingHallOfFame) for more information and the latest news.
    Last edited by ironworks; 05-10-2013 at 03:06 AM.