Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DMX741 C and Ku band LNB

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,660x in 3,245 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

Lets see, if I have to bring the big truck, I can sleep in the back, and at 11 MPG it would cost about $950 to get there, and another $950 to get back, it would be a great party, if I keep it under several hundred on booze and food (when I get there, bag lunches for the trip) I might be able to make it there (and back) for under $2500.

One heck of an install bill, I wonder if the school would front me the cash, or two 1 oz coins of gold?

It would be one Hella of a party.
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

I can report that I've not been able to get the NASA channel with my 1 meter miniBUD using the 741 LNB. I have been able to do KU and C band with the gizmo though, but what I get on Ku is pretty weak IMO. I would not use the Ku part to aim dish with, I would use the C band side--the beam width is huge and lets you see a signal (if you can at all with the dish) easier. But I've found that it depends on what other sats around the one you want are doing--your beamwidth is so wide with miniBUDs that you get multiple signals and two or more signals degrade the BER so that you can't get clear signal. 7.5 foot dish is the smallest that C band can use to isolate the 2 degree spacing of sats correctly and with anything smaller it is not always possible to receive a given signal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12