Thread: re-scan satellite after repointing, now i'm missing channels.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts

Default re-scan satellite after repointing, now i'm missing channels.

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what is going on with my system.

I recently had to re-aim my dish because I noticed I was losing signal on most of the channels on 110. Once I did this, I did a re-scan and I lost several channels, mostly HD (for example MTV) and xxx channels.

Another odd thing I noticed was that some of the channels were found on different transponders (for example DIY HD, channel 9527, is on transponder 12545 and 12530). Is this even possible? The transponder for MTV HD is 12457 all the other channels, according to lyngsat, come in just fine on that transponder.

Is it possible that I need to re-aim the dish? Would this cause some channels to be on multiple transponders, and others to be missing? (Keep in mind that all 3 satellites are at level 100 and quality 80 to 90).

Has anyone else scanned recently? I'm using the latest transponder file from findsatfinder (May 11th).

Below is my setup, hope someone has some insight on what I can do to fix this.

Dish 1000.2
    Dpp 44 Switch, with power inserter
    Htpc w/ 2 skywalker dvb cards
    Dvbdream with dvblink server to WMC

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

Stick with your existing thread - multiple threads on the same subject are counter productive and are as waste of our members time which could be better spent

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StanW For This Useful Post: