Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sportv Americas

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

Default Sportv Americas

What's wrong with sportv americas, been down since monday. Message says Dish is aware of issue.

any ideas?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 347x in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrmob View Post
    What's wrong with sportv americas, been down since monday. Message says Dish is aware of issue.

any ideas?
    according to the message (Dish is no longer able to air this channel), it looks like the channel was yanked away from Dish

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    according to the message (Dish is no longer able to air this channel), it looks like the channel was yanked away from Dish
    Just like that without any warning? Find it hard to believe.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

So apparently dish dropped the channel due to negotiating issues.
    Dish has a bad reputation of this. Curious to see what happens now until August.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 500x in 235 Posts

I wouldnt worry about it yet, season just ended last sunday, plus dish also did that to the benficatv for a couple of days a while ago!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by benfica View Post
    I wouldnt worry about it yet, season just ended last sunday, plus dish also did that to the benficatv for a couple of days a while ago!
    I'm a bit worried as the words that came out of DISH accounts services mouth was "If it were to be up, it would've been up by now. There's a less than 1% chance we broadcast channel ever again."

My thinking is if there "wasn't enough viewers" wait until people start dropping their Luso pack because nobody is going to pay 39.99 for rtp, sic, sicn.

I expect Dish to get many phone calls tomorrow when pissed of soccer fans, especially Benfiquistas want to watch cup final and can't.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jrmob For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Cup final ? Its on 9812 ( Rtp )
    And benfiquistas are happy that channel got dropped....we dont have nothing to do with them anymore, we will Air our own games next season !
    Channel 9816 ...
    I do think its due to benfica having the next season on their own channel made fans pull out from sporttv !

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

Actually, benfica only has the rights to show home games next season and those rights are only in Portugal. So, someone stills needs to broadcast them outside of Portugal.
    So it should be interesting how benfica will managed benfica TV outside of Portugal.
    If you think you will be watching the same benfica tv programming in north america as in Portugal, think again.
    Last edited by jrmob; 05-26-2013 at 06:52 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jrmob For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

All i know....there will be premium programing, aparently a second channel, and benfica went out of their way to get xtra leagues and the home games is also for international viewers !
    They care about out of portugal viewers !
    I believe we will see it still !!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

All i know....there will be premium programing, aparently a second channel, and benfica went out of their way to get xtra leagues and the home games is also for international viewers !
    They care about out of portugal viewers !
    I believe we will see it still !!
    no it's not. it's only for portugal. Benfica does not have rights to show these games outside of Portugal. Trust me. you will NOT be watching benfica games on benfica TV in North America. Unless something changes drastically, don't count on it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jrmob For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

Channel should be back up way in time before season start.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Y did u figure that ?
    Shouldve been on no matter what ...preseason and repeted games....thats how they do in between seasons !

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

Y did u figure that ?
    Shouldve been on no matter what ...preseason and repeted games....thats how they do in between seasons !
    because sportv and dish are negotiating new contract. that's why channel was dropped right after last game of season.

Also, look for TVI to be available on Dish some time this summer. Most likley on Luso Pack.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jrmob For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

If Dish knows what benfica fans know....they will offar less money this time!
    Dues to lots of fans pulling out !
    Sporttv wont give half of benfica games, lots already dont watch it, they listen to the " relato " ....i guess we have to wait and see
    Tvi would be nice !!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6x in 6 Posts

If Dish knows what benfica fans know....they will offar less money this time!
    Dues to lots of fans pulling out !
    Sporttv wont give half of benfica games, lots already dont watch it, they listen to the " relato " ....i guess we have to wait and see
    Tvi would be nice !!
    Fans aren't pulling out. People want to watch games. I don't know why dish even airs benfica tv. waste of a channel. Nothing good to watch unless your a SLB fan and are interested in watching old stuff. Might as well call it the history channel

what you mean by won't give half of their games? If people want to watch Liga games in North america, they need sportv americas.

TVi "WILL " be nice. It's been confirmed. they are putting a dish on their property this week and starting testing soon. Should be live sometime this summer.
    Last edited by jrmob; 06-01-2013 at 12:09 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jrmob For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast