Gift received at 03-16-2020, 03:52 AM from BluegrassCoke
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 10:41 PM from BluegrassMotorcycle
Gift received at 01-30-2020, 07:17 PM from BluegrassPresent
Gift received at 01-08-2020, 02:11 AM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-12-2013, 01:35 AM from swanner
A drink On Me....
I think we need it...lol

Thanks again for all the encouragement Shark,

XFTA, is this some thing like a MODEM...actually I have an AT&T 2WIRE modem and everything is hooked up to this Modem...
    Now If I get an XFTA "I should first go to ebay and see how it looks like..lol" I do not need the computer always ON????
    Anyway I will check it out at ebay...

I scanned all the channels and viewsat is awsome...unfortunately I don't get all those local channels from all over the Country...scramble all I see on the screen, some NY channels are coming thru..but not steady!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 140x in 89 Posts

Wink The End

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Thanks again for all the encouragement Shark,

XFTA, is this some thing like a MODEM...actually I have an AT&T 2WIRE modem and everything is hooked up to this Modem...
    Now If I get an XFTA "I should first go to ebay and see how it looks like..lol" I do not need the computer always ON????
    Anyway I will check it out at ebay...

I scanned all the channels and viewsat is awsome...unfortunately I don't get all those local channels from all over the Country...scramble all I see on the screen, some NY channels are coming thru..but not steady!
    Your most welcome Cowboy, hard to believe this thread has close to a 1000 views

XFTA is a form of ROUTER not a Modem. I personally have never used one so I can't help you there if you go that route but, there are a number of people here who do. With this you wouldn't need to have the PC on in order to watch the VS.

I don't believe locals are available from what I've read like back in the N2 days, at least I've never seen them active.

Now that you've stressed and pulled out your hair, I would think you would best suited to sit back and enjoy your favourite receiver for a while. ENJOY

Cheers

Shark1959

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 152x in 80 Posts
    Items Cash
Gift received at 03-17-2020, 06:14 PM from Bluegrass
Gift received at 03-17-2020, 06:14 PM from BluegrassVintage car
Gift received at 03-17-2020, 04:28 PM from Bluegrasshelicopter
Gift received at 03-16-2020, 03:52 AM from BluegrassCoke
Gift received at 03-15-2020, 10:41 PM from BluegrassMotorcycle
Gift received at 01-30-2020, 07:17 PM from BluegrassPresent
Gift received at 01-08-2020, 02:11 AM from BluegrassSome beer
Gift received at 12-12-2013, 01:35 AM from swanner
A drink On Me....
I think we need it...lol

Thanks to you Shark,
    at one point I almost would have given up...but you sure have convinced me that I would succeed..

Viewsat isn't the only receiver I have...I mean I watch TV with the help of other receivers...I think I wanted, that Old Timer to come ALIVE again....I am sure that there are many Members who feel the same way, about the Viewsat EXTR....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Awesome... Shark was all concerned when you vanished a couple of days looking for that cable.. Good to know it all worked out.

fyi these nm/serial cables were hard to find in mid 80's and we use to build our own for connecting dumb terminals to unix server. from just memory there are only 2 connectors and a ground that's used on the cable. next time mine break i will test out the old 80's theory and build one.

found a Pinouts diagram as attached.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    OK. Genlemen,

After getting desperate angry hopeless etc.....Finally TV is ON.
    I bought a 25 feet regular serial cable and connected to the receiver and computer NOTHING! so I remembered old days we used to use nullmodem serial cable to download the files to Viewsat...now from those days I had a nullmodem adaptor. bought from Radio Shack, it is a small square piece it says NULLMODEM on it which goes t the one end of the serial cable...so I connected it to the serial cable and connected the other end which has nullmodem adaptor to the computer....BINGO....TV came alive.......

I say this system is much better than N.O.I ......there is no interruptions, channels appear fast, I like it. Of course you have to leave your computer ON as long as you want to watch TV. I have a 60 INCHES plasma TV, 2013...I was wondering if it would be possible to download those step by step instructions in to the TV??????

This way no need for the computer cause I can connect my TV to computer by WIFI.....I like to hear from the LITERATI about this.

Shark was very helpfull and consisent that I should not give up....THANKS SHARK.
    I also thank you those other Members who were helpfull to me.

I am kind of proud of myself too so to say..I found out that at 77 I am not that bad either...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345