Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: XFTA New Firmware thanks to goofather and poroto40

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15x in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    After several frustrating days, finally have method B working. Had method A working too, but it suffered from freezing every few seconds. Method B definitely works better. Will write a long Post on do's and don'ts, but before that, have a couple of questions.

Noticed in one of the last posts it says to add the lines:

/usr/sbin/serial_console off
    $XX_CLIENT > /dev/null 2>&1

to the "xx-client.sh" file. Did do it, but there is no mention of this in the original method B instructions. Placed the lines over an existing line (replaced the line) that said something like "$XX_CLIENT &" or something like that. Is that correct?

Also, have no idea what this means in the instructions:

"As pangga indicated you have to comment these lines in /etc/inittab to disable console you do thus by putting a # in front of the comment

Code:

#tts/0::askfirst:/bin/ash --login
    #ttyS0::askfirst:/bin/ash --login
    #tty1::askfirst:/bin/ash --login"

How is this done? Is it necessary? Seems to be working anyway without doing it.

Was taking 30 seconds to 1 minute to change from north to south P$ and sometimes not coming in at all, so changed the "client.ini" settings to Server_timeout=8, and server_retries=0. Seems to be working better. Does ignore_Caid=1 need to be changed for more the one P$? If so, what does a different number do?

Are these good settings for VS9000 with 2 (and later 3 P$)? Are there any other recommended settings?
    I got method A working after a few tries, working great! thanks to everyone that contributed to this fix,but I can't get method B to work on my other xfta after a few frustrating days. Magnus, I am waiting for your step by step instruction patiently.I can't seem to get past setting up the reflashed router with openwrt firmware to be able to communicate with winscp and browser

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 79x in 37 Posts
    Items Wireless Access

the easy way to get it work is using the new x-fta image all mod are in the web configuration page

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

Can any body tell me what this means

[-CLI-] Connecting to server. [93.114.42.205]
    [-CLI-] Successfully connected to server. [93.114.42.205]
    [-SER-] Login request was rejected. [card_server_url_1=newcamd://XXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXXX/11000]

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 18x in 8 Posts

Login request rejected because you may have invalid data entered on "card_server", or you don't have active account with your provider.
    Quote Originally Posted by kickss View Post
    Can any body tell me what this means

[-SER-] Login request was rejected. [card_server_url_1=newcamd://XXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXXX/11000]

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15x in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poroto40 View Post
    the easy way to get it work is using the new x-fta image all mod are in the web configuration page
    thanks, this firmware should work with coolsat right ? I did try it with receiver protocal set to 3, but didn't work for me.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 11x in 5 Posts

thank you to everyone trying this before me, your questions and answers helped a lot.

Now can someone tell me where to find the log viewer? (method b)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I spent two days and tried all the possibilities to flash my XFTA router with XX-client-920-techno-cyber.trx but could not succeed. The TFTP utility shows "Erasing flash" message and I see the blue bar progressing but it stops at 85-90 person and gives message "Failed to erase flash"; however when I use the original file "xfta-o8.09.2-g1.2.3-wf0.23mex-hgdvb.trx" it successfully loads up the image.

I have read all the post in this thread multiple times and tried everything like changing my IP address to static but nothing worked.

I want somebody to put more light on it. Why does an original image loads up successfully while the otherone gets failed at 90%?

Your help is greately appreciated as i am also tired of resetting my XFTA router every by and then when a non working channel is selected by mistake.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 79x in 37 Posts
    Items Wireless Access

Quote Originally Posted by tariq2962 View Post
    I spent two days and tried all the possibilities to flash my XFTA router with XX-client-920-techno-cyber.trx but could not succeed. The TFTP utility shows "Erasing flash" message and I see the blue bar progressing but it stops at 85-90 person and gives message "Failed to erase flash"; however when I use the original file "xfta-o8.09.2-g1.2.3-wf0.23mex-hgdvb.trx" it successfully loads up the image.

I have read all the post in this thread multiple times and tried everything like changing my IP address to static but nothing worked.

I want somebody to put more light on it. Why does an original image loads up successfully while the otherone gets failed at 90%?

Your help is greately appreciated as i am also tired of resetting my XFTA router every by and then when a non working channel is selected by mistake.
    do factory default and reflash the router

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Thanks a lot pororo40. I have my router working and I can watch TV now but just for curiosity I still have one question. According to the instructions we need to look for /etc/init.d. Following are the exact text I am going to copy:

"Go to /etc/init.d and look for the line $XX_Client or $XX_CLIENT > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    Insert the code /usr/sbin/serial_console off before $XX_Client line. Make sure $XX_cleint complete syntax should be there. Otherwise paste two lines like:

$XX_CLIENT > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    /usr/sbin/serial_console off"

However, when I logged into my router with the help of WinsCP, I only found four following files:

Caid.ini
    servers.ini
    XX-client (no extension)
    XX-client.ini

I left Caid.ini unchanged and modified servers.ini only. Just want to know where can the above two lines be added as I was unable to find /etc/init.d?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Don't worry. I figured it out.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 62x in 49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    After several frustrating days, finally have method B working. Had method A working too, but it suffered from freezing every few seconds. Method B definitely works better. Will write a long Post on do's and don'ts, but before that, have a couple of questions.

Noticed in one of the last posts it says to add the lines:

/usr/sbin/serial_console off
    $XX_CLIENT > /dev/null 2>&1

to the "xx-client.sh" file. Did do it, but there is no mention of this in the original method B instructions. Placed the lines over an existing line (replaced the line) that said something like "$XX_CLIENT &" or something like that. Is that correct?

Also, have no idea what this means in the instructions:

"As pangga indicated you have to comment these lines in /etc/inittab to disable console you do thus by putting a # in front of the comment

Code:

#tts/0::askfirst:/bin/ash --login
    #ttyS0::askfirst:/bin/ash --login
    #tty1::askfirst:/bin/ash --login"

How is this done? Is it necessary? Seems to be working anyway without doing it.

Was taking 30 seconds to 1 minute to change from north to south P$ and sometimes not coming in at all, so changed the "client.ini" settings to Server_timeout=8, and server_retries=0. Seems to be working better. Does ignore_Caid=1 need to be changed for more the one P$? If so, what does a different number do?

Are these good settings for VS9000 with 2 (and later 3 P$)? Are there any other recommended settings?
    Magnus you were going to write a post on how to get method B working. Friend of mine just bought a Nfusion HD and X-FTA.

Would you be kind enough to post the steps necessary to get this X-FTA going using the method B (Openwrt Firmware) with Goo 3. Thanks for your help.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345