Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XFTA New Firmware thanks to goofather and poroto40

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23x in 14 Posts

Is there any advantage to use this new software over the original gargoyle xfta software?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 19x in 13 Posts

I'm using the gargoyle modded firmware for xx-script
    use the file X-fta-xx-client-920-Techno-Cyber.zip and xx-client_v2.4.180.926-openwrt-broadcom.zip
    1. unzip X-fta-xx-client-920-Techno-Cyber.zip ,login to your xfta, goto flash the firmware with the unzipped files
    2. after about 5-10 minutes it will be done flashing the goto 192.168.0.2
    user is: root password is: poroto40
    3.change the internet settings to yours and then save it and wait a few minutes.
    4. extract the files from xx-client_v2.4.180.926-openwrt-broadcom.zip
    5. use winscp , login to the router through it
    6. goto root and drag the files you just unzipped there edit the caid.ini, servers.ini, and xx-client.ini accordingly note to make that line active you have to remove the # before it as # means to ignore
    6. goto /etc/init.d and insert the code
    /usr/sbin/serial_console off
    before this line:
    $XX_CLIENT > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    i couldn't find that line in mine so iended up copying both of them
    7. reboot router and you should be good to go
    hope this helps and good luck

Ok I got as far as installing the new firmware on the xfta
    I Can go to 192.168.0.1 and get the router page or go to the 192.168.0.2 and get the new gargoyle splash
    once in the gargoyle, I set up the static IP, it should be noted that i'm hard wired and i do get internet connectivity hardwired to the xfta connect to another port but not wan port

so i proceed to the next step which reguires me to install wscp software
    and I do when I try connecting with user name and password i get nothing

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Ok, after a lot of hours, I finally got it working.

1. unzip X-fta-xx-client-920-Techno-Cyber.zip ,login to your xfta, goto flash the firmware with the unzipped files
    2. after about 2-5 minutes it will be done flashing the goto 192.168.0.2
    3.change the internet settings to yours and then save it and wait a few minutes.
    4. use winscp , login to the router through it
    user is: root password is: poroto40
    5. go to root edit the caid.ini, servers.ini, and xx-client.ini accordingly note to make that line active you have to remove the # before it as # means to ignore
    6. go to /etc/init.d/xxclient and insert the code at the bottom
    before this line:
    $XX_CLIENT > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    i couldn't find that line in mine so i ended up copying both of them
    7. reboot router

NOTE: after flashing with techno file, set your pc with a static ip, ie: 192.168.0.10 to access router.

Text from: pansatdishman

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kauaiboy808 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    Is there any advantage to use this new software over the original gargoyle xfta software?

Yes, its works a lot better. Plus when you get a channel that doesn't work, you can go back to previous channel without any problems as the original firmware just seemed to stop talking to the server and the only way to get picture back was to reboot the router. Trust me you'll like it.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 166x in 106 Posts
    Items HeadstonesTV

Need some help. I got the techno firmware loaded. I can log in using my browser. I can winscp into the router. I copied the caid.ini, servers.ini, and xx-client.ini into the /root folder. I went into /etc/init.d and copied the xx-client (I'm assuming that's what the walkthrough means). Now when I go into the /usr/sbin/serial_console, I don't have off after it and in the file I do not have $XX_CLIENT> /dev/null 2>&1 &.

Can someone help me what I need to do?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcapper View Post
    Need some help. I got the techno firmware loaded. I can log in using my browser. I can winscp into the router. I copied the caid.ini, servers.ini, and xx-client.ini into the /root folder. I went into /etc/init.d and copied the xx-client (I'm assuming that's what the walkthrough means). Now when I go into the /usr/sbin/serial_console, I don't have off after it and in the file I do not have $XX_CLIENT> /dev/null 2>&1 &.

Can someone help me what I need to do?
    I had the same exact issue:

Here's what you do.

Reflash techno file again to start fresh.
    Then just edit caid, server and xx client ini.
    Don't drag any files while in winscp. The preloaded files work great.
    Next add the two lines of code etc/init.d/xxclient sh. At the bottom you need to look carefully as some of the code is incomplete, $XX_CLIENT, just copy and paste $XX_CLIENT > /dev/null 2>&1 & over it. Then simply add code /usr/sbin/serial_console off above it.
    Finally web browse to 192.168.0.2 and setup your connection to match yours. Reboot router. Done

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by kauaiboy808; 12-20-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 166x in 106 Posts
    Items HeadstonesTV

Quote Originally Posted by kauaiboy808 View Post
    I had the same exact issue:

Here's what you do.

Reflash techno file again to start fresh.
    Then just edit caid, server and xx client ini.
    Don't drag any files while in winscp. The preloaded files work great.
    Next add the two lines of code etc/init.d/xxclient sh. At the bottom you need to look carefully as some of the code is incomplete, $XX_CLIENT, just copy and paste $XX_CLIENT > /dev/null 2>&1 & over it. Then simply add code /usr/sbin/serial_console off above it.
    Finally web browse to 192.168.0.2 and setup your connection to match yours. Reboot router. Done

Hope this helps.

OK I reloaded the techno file and setup my ip's and modded the caid, server, and xx client files with winscp.
    I'm lost on the adding the etc/init.d and past that.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcapper View Post
    OK I reloaded the techno file and setup my ip's and modded the caid, server, and xx client files with winscp.
    I'm lost on the adding the etc/init.d and past that.
    Ok,

in winscp, your going to be in the root folder, now navigate to the etc folder by double clicking on the root drop down tab in winscp above all the caid, server, xxclient ini.

go into or navigate folders, etc, init.d, then scroll down to xxclient sh. open the xxclient sh and edit/insert the two lines of code. Remember to look carefully at the bottom.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23x in 14 Posts

After several frustrating days, finally have method B working. Had method A working too, but it suffered from freezing every few seconds. Method B definitely works better. Will write a long Post on do's and don'ts, but before that, have a couple of questions.

Noticed in one of the last posts it says to add the lines:

$XX_CLIENT > /dev/null 2>&1

to the "xx-client.sh" file. Did do it, but there is no mention of this in the original method B instructions. Placed the lines over an existing line (replaced the line) that said something like "$XX_CLIENT &" or something like that. Is that correct?

Also, have no idea what this means in the instructions:

"As pangga indicated you have to comment these lines in /etc/inittab to disable console you do thus by putting a # in front of the comment

Code:

#tts/0::askfirst:/bin/ash --login
    #ttyS0::askfirst:/bin/ash --login
    #tty1::askfirst:/bin/ash --login"

How is this done? Is it necessary? Seems to be working anyway without doing it.

Was taking 30 seconds to 1 minute to change from north to south P$ and sometimes not coming in at all, so changed the "client.ini" settings to Server_timeout=8, and server_retries=0. Seems to be working better. Does ignore_Caid=1 need to be changed for more the one P$? If so, what does a different number do?

Are these good settings for VS9000 with 2 (and later 3 P$)? Are there any other recommended settings?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

Guys,

I just loaded X-fta-xx-client-920-Techno-Cyber to my xfta router - Wow what a difference. Just make sure you understand you DO NOT use xx-client_v2.4.180.926-openwrt-broadcom files with this method - you only need to modify the .ini files which come pre-loaded with the Techno-Cyber firmware. Thanks to the guys that built this solution!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

sal0826,

I'm a hardware builder and some of the lingo to change my Gargoyle firmware in my xfta-Router is way out in left field. : -(

Is there any programing info that helps me understand the files needed to edit and load?

My receiver is a VS9000HD that I'd like to get beyond the freezing ..

Later:
    Would like to learn how to get my WRT54G vrs 2.0 loaded with goofathers pgm to work with my nFusion HD ..

Appreciate any directions,

Thanks ctx

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Hi all
    I am in the same boat as ctx

do I config the files in unzipped xx-client_v2, before I log in to gargoyle?

if yes, do I upgrade
    xx-client-Atheros
    xx-client-Broadcom
    xx-client-x86
    all of them, one at a time? or just one for vs ulta

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

CTX,

Just download the XFTA firmware available on this site (X-fta-xx-client-920-Techno-Cyber). This modified firmware will run the rq_sssp service you need to communicate with your Viewsat via the serial cable. Now log into that XFTA router via a web session and upgrade the firmware with the binaries you just downloaded to your computer (X-fta-xx-client-920-Techno-Cyber). Once that's done you just need to modify the .ini files to support your favorite IKS server. To modify the .ini files, this time you will log into the XFTA router via WinSCP (it's available for free on the net).

Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    sal0826,

I'm a hardware builder and some of the lingo to change my Gargoyle firmware in my xfta-Router is way out in left field. : -(

Is there any programing info that helps me understand the files needed to edit and load?

My receiver is a VS9000HD that I'd like to get beyond the freezing ..

Later:
    Would like to learn how to get my WRT54G vrs 2.0 loaded with goofathers pgm to work with my nFusion HD ..

Appreciate any directions,

Thanks ctx

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

ICU2,

Are you using an XFTA router? - if so you will upgrade it with the file X-fta-xx-client-920-Techno-Cyber.trx ONLY

Those other files are for running rq_sssp off a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by ICU2 View Post
    Hi all
    I am in the same boat as ctx

do I config the files in unzipped xx-client_v2, before I log in to gargoyle?

if yes, do I upgrade
    xx-client-Atheros
    xx-client-Broadcom
    xx-client-x86
    all of them, one at a time? or just one for vs ulta

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

still trying
    I upgrade it with the file X-fta-xx-client-920-Techno-Cyber.trx ,do I have to set up anything else before I close gargoyle?

and when I try to login back in I get "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.2."
    when I log in with winscp what file do I put in the "private key file"
    Last edited by ICU2; 02-16-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast