Thread: Denon receivers

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Smile Denon receivers

Hello all,

Just wanted people to know that I am very impressed with the Denon 3313CI receiver I just purchased. It is last years model but the features and options have impressed me. This years models have some extra features.

The feature that was the deal breaker for me is gapless audio while playing music from my DLNA server.

I looked at most other receivers and found that all brands seem to think that gapless audio is not worth the effort. Onkyo support even brushes it off as being to hard to do on their high end receivers. It is an issue that has been questioned on the Onkyo web site for years.

Full acess and controll via Android app, web browser or the remote control allows me to be sitting at the computer and select what I want it to play off of the media server.

For those that don't know what gapless audio is, think of listening to a continuous CD like Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon. Most of the CD is continous and having a gap in the audio would ruin the mood.

I am still learning the features but if you are looking for a new receiver, I would serieously consider Denon.

With my Klipsh speakers it is nice to have a new sound system.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,000x in 1,596 Posts
    Items Some beer
Gift received at 07-14-2013, 03:14 AM from nobody

Have one on me ........A Beer
Gift received at 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENTDevil

Umm What model Klipsh are you running, some of the recent ones or the old clasics like the Klipshhorn, Belle Klipsh, La Scala's, Heresy.. The old klipsh are unbelievable, La Scala's are amongst my favorite speakers . I have a pair from the very early 80's that still playlike the day Paul Klipsh gave me an irresitable staff purchase price on a pair that I couldnt refuse..LOL There driven by an equally old Luxman amp..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JCO For This Useful Post: