Thread: I moved and now I am completely lost, please help me

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default I moved and now I am completely lost, please help me

I lived in Long Beach Ca where i had used a superdish , with 3 lnb's and a dpp44 switch. I Had a CNX Duo running until I upgraded to a CNX Nano / ILINK conversion setup like this :

SW : IR-2X0-2.84 DVD (JUN 18)
    LDR: 01.13 (0909)
    HW:IR - 1.00-IR-200-8-3
    USB DRIVE 1.00
    RAM: 32MB, ROM 2MB (080%)
    MODULE : ILINKSTB SCAM VER:01.74
    ID: (HAS 14 NUMBERS IN IT)

So now we have moved to chino and it is a couple of years later and I just realized we left the switch in long beach. So my questions are these.

1. Will i blow up my box if i hook one of the LNB's directly to the box instead of going to a switch first?
    2. Is my box capable of working still or is it obsolete now?
    3. I have a a DishHD LNB and a Dish Plus dish now , what do i need to buy to make them work with my box?

Thanks in advance,
    Amy

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amysaka View Post
    I lived in Long Beach Ca where i had used a superdish , with 3 lnb's and a dpp44 switch. I Had a CNX Duo running until I upgraded to a CNX Nano / ILINK conversion setup like this :

SW : IR-2X0-2.84 DVD (JUN 18)
    LDR: 01.13 (0909)
    HW:IR - 1.00-IR-200-8-3
    USB DRIVE 1.00
    RAM: 32MB, ROM 2MB (080%)
    MODULE : ILINKSTB SCAM VER:01.74
    ID: (HAS 14 NUMBERS IN IT)

So now we have moved to chino and it is a couple of years later and I just realized we left the switch in long beach. So my questions are these.

1. Will i blow up my box if i hook one of the LNB's directly to the box instead of going to a switch first?
    2. Is my box capable of working still or is it obsolete now?
    3. I have a a DishHD LNB and a Dish Plus dish now , what do i need to buy to make them work with my box?

Thanks in advance,
    Amy
    Answer to first 2 is yes...(1) hooking LNB straight to box is OK but you will only have one sat to set-up. Clarify "no switch" as DP LNB combos have built in switches eliminating the use of a diseqc switch .. (2) If you have dream as an option for network in net application then you can load in P$S$ server info...As for the HD lnb...It should scan and work with mpeg2 boxes..But I could be way off on that as I do not use HD..Post what sats your trying to get and if and of your LNB's are combos..That way someone can verify if you need a sw21 or not..