Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My thoughts on the Jynxbox Ultra HD Lite

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

**UPDATE**
    Fired up the box and the fan noise is barely noticeable (in fact I had to put my ear close to the box to make sure it was running at all......it was ...but very quietly )

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,949x in 826 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wee-haggis View Post
    Thanks Bob.

I finally received my new Jynxbox about an hour ago. I have not yet hooked it up, but I have attached an image showing (what I believe) to be the new fan location. The heat sink is way smaller as well.
    Attachment 20333
    Now that's real interesting. How is that fan fastened on.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 163x in 98 Posts
    Items TVToasterCoffee makerMonitorWireless AccessDish

Sure looks like a new location to me, the others were attached to the cover.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 5 Posts

hello!
    i really need help..
    i just purchased a new jynxbox hd ultra lite and i noticed that in the installation menu there is nothing listing except ( DTV scan only)
    and in tool option there is not option ( server setting either )
    do you know what do i need to do to set it up to working?
    This is strange to me that there is not satellite listing ,even after done factory reset a few time ... no luck
    Your help is much appreciated ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    A friend of mine bought a Jynxbox Ultra HD Lite asked me to put it together and set it up. While I have it, I am going to use it and see what it is like.

The size suprised me, it is about the same footprint as my DM500 but only have as thick and weighs nothing in comparison. The front of the receiver is very simple with the Jynxbox Ultra HD LITE lettering and 3 little windows, 1 for power light, 1 for status and the IR recepter.. The left side has a power button near the rear of the STB and a USB slot infront of the power button. The rear is filled with all the inputs and outputs needed, the power connector, a USB slot, IR slot (I think it is for a remote extender),RS232 input, ethernet plug, AV out, HDMI out and finally the tuner input and output. The right side is nice and clean.

Upon opening the display box I removed the receiver unit and underneath were the accessories; 1 JB200 tuner, 1 remote control (it works with my Ultra HD as well), 2 batteries, 1 special AV cable (1/8" jack to composite leads), and a special serial adapter (DB9 female to 1/8" jack), and then the power supply.

I had to open the receiver to install the JB200 tuner. The STB is held together by 4 little phillips screws on the bottom, a small screw driver is defintly needed, I used the little pocket screw drivers - worked great. Once the screws were remove and very carefully placed in a safe place, I wouldn't want to lose 1. I turned the STB over and the top lifted off without any problem, there is a wire connecting the fan to the motherboard so you have to be careful while opening. I was able to install the JB200 tuner without any hinderence, popped into place and I replaced the retaining hex nuts that secures the tuner in place. The top went back on, I turned over the STB and replaced the 4 little screws making sure no to over tighten them.

Now the fun really begins. I took the STB to my TV connected the HDNI cable, turned on the receiver and waited a minute and the regualar Jynxbox background picture appeard. I checked the system information and it showed the JB200 installed. I went into Installation menu then dish settings and pressed OK to choose the satellite to setup. I had forgotten that you will only see 2 satellites in the list until you do a factory reset and then all the satellites appear. I did that and proceeded to setup my satellites. The menu structure is identical to that of teh Ultra HD so moving around was easy. The biggest problem I had during setting up was the remote. I kept pushing the wrong buttons, I wasn't looking and was use to the arrangement on the Ultra HD. Once I started looking at the remote things went a lot better.
    Time to scan for channels. I scanned each satellite individually, most channels scanned in, some were missed. Some attention has to be paid here after the initial setup is finished.

The picture quality is really good, IMO. As good as the original Ultra HD. The guide callup seems quicker that the Ultra HD but channel change is the same. I have a lot more playing to do with this little gem, I haven't attempted and recording or timeshifting. That will come in the next day or so.

The main draw back of the receiver is the fan noise. It brings back memmories of a SV8000. I have heard that new fans are coming. Another thing that I found is if you are using an HDMI and AV out (for use with DVI input) the fit is tight, the two outputs are pretty close together and depending on the thickness of the plug covers they tend to push on each other a little.

I would like to know how the STB gets the information for channel names. 241 and 242 have been renamed a while ago yet they are still referred to as CBS and NBC

I think Jynxbox has another winner, the price is fair and will make you think twice before buying a more expensive receiver or a cheaper out the back door receiver.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,643x in 2,116 Posts
    Items G&R
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM from Styx_N_Stones

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    hello!
    i really need help..
    i just purchased a new jynxbox hd ultra lite and i noticed that in the installation menu there is nothing listing except ( DTV scan only)
    and in tool option there is not option ( server setting either )
    do you know what do i need to do to set it up to working?
    This is strange to me that there is not satellite listing ,even after done factory reset a few time ... no luck
    Your help is much appreciated ..
    You need to load firmware v036 or v111 then do a factory reset then all your options will be there.
    Last edited by iq180; 11-03-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 5 Posts

can you please give me the link to get the file
    and how to load it to the machine
    Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 5 Posts

hello,
    Yes finally i got the box to work but with only one sat (110) .
    i an having trouble to get the 119 going.when i did the installation set up , it kept telling me ( dish setting 110) .
    At one point 119 came up and was able to scan but when i went to watch tv ( exp: channel 110 food channel ) , the channel came up and with sat #119 at the bottom but no picture nor sound . When went back to dish setting , it keep telling me ( on top of the window 110)
    is there anything have done wrong?
    p/s it was and is working flawlessly on my Satzen 300 but i decided to go with the jynxbox just for the hd

here is my set up
    dish pointing 110/119
    regular lnb with sw 21 swith

your help is always much appreciated.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items G&R

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    hello,
    Yes finally i got the box to work but with only one sat (110) .
    i an having trouble to get the 119 going.when i did the installation set up , it kept telling me ( dish setting 110) .
    At one point 119 came up and was able to scan but when i went to watch tv ( exp: channel 110 food channel ) , the channel came up and with sat #119 at the bottom but no picture nor sound . When went back to dish setting , it keep telling me ( on top of the window 110)
    is there anything have done wrong?
    p/s it was and is working flawlessly on my Satzen 300 but i decided to go with the jynxbox just for the hd

here is my set up
    dish pointing 110/119
    regular lnb with sw 21 swith

your help is always much appreciated.
    Can you post a pic of your LNBs, a regular LNB don't tell us if its DPP LNB or what, we need to know before we can help you.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 5 Posts

i know it is not dpp for sure
    but i will try to post the pic.even do not know how.
    it is kind of rectangular shape that is installed one at a time(single)
    Last edited by greeny; 11-04-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,237x in 6,877 Posts
    Items Martini
Gift received at 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM from swanner
Celebration Time, Keep up the good work BudSome beer
Gift received at 07-18-2013, 04:52 PM from marcelect
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM from ICEMANFootball
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 03:44 AM from Styx_N_Stones

'lol I gave him a couple g's and he blew it all in a matter of hrs'

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

So you have 2 lnb/s on one dish going into a sw21?
    Apicture would help as it sounds like you are running a bracket to support 2 lnbs.
    You should also post your setting as it sounds like one of them needs to be changed.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 5 Posts

could you tell me how to post with pic.attachement

Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,237x in 6,877 Posts
    Items Martini
Gift received at 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM from swanner
Celebration Time, Keep up the good work BudSome beer
Gift received at 07-18-2013, 04:52 PM from marcelect
Message: wHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.HAvein this heat wavethis cold oneFriesPizzaBurgerBeefTrophy 3
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM from ICEMANFootball
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 03:44 AM from Styx_N_Stones

'lol I gave him a couple g's and he blew it all in a matter of hrs'

I didn't want you to think I was spending the money on myself. That's why I posted a reply explaining where the SatFix Bux went.

Here's a little token of my gratitude for your generous donation. Please accept it in the spirit that its meant...

S_N_S

After you make a post scroll down past the submit part and you will see manage attachments.
    Click on the manage attachments button and a new window will pop up.
    Click on the add files button in the upper right hand corner.
    Another small pop up will show right below the add files button.
    Click on choose file and another pop up will show which will be your computer.
    Find the file/pic you want to upload and click on it then click on the open button.
    You will be sent back to the add files screen and you now click on the upload button.
    The file will begin to transfer and when done you will see the pic in the open window when done.
    Go to bottom right of the open screen and click on done.
    The file will now show under the manage attachments button and scroll down to submit.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 10x in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benney View Post
    Now that's real interesting. How is that fan fastened on.
    This question never got answered. I'm having some noise troubles with my box and am looking into a new solution, knowing how to remove the old fan would be quite beneficial. Can anyone tell me the proper way to remove it without damaging the chip it's fastened to?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 151x in 89 Posts

Well the fan is screwed on top of the heat sink, and on top of the processor just remove the screws and remove the fan from the heat sink now peel of a bit of the sticker on the center of the fan put two or tree drops of oil and put it back, and that should solve the noise problem
    Last edited by skywalker999; 01-03-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items G&R

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft

Quote Originally Posted by freekazoid View Post
    This question never got answered. I'm having some noise troubles with my box and am looking into a new solution, knowing how to remove the old fan would be quite beneficial. Can anyone tell me the proper way to remove it without damaging the chip it's fastened to?
    Start a new thread and ask, remember to post what receiver you have and what problems you are having

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12