Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all musicians

sleddy2008 Guest

Default Calling all musicians

From Novice to Pro ,what genre of music you play and like and what is your instrument of choice. I am a drummer been playing for about 25 years and still going strong!!!!!

sleddy2008 Guest

so does nobody play??? It is getting kinda lonely in this forum.

jtr Guest

i can count 2 = 4 ....

bang! bang! on the roof BB..

steelpicker Guest

there's a lotta players out there, if they are workin' musicians, they are either still partying or asleep. remember: real musicians have day jobs!

Priestmill Guest

Been playing guitar and piano for about 36 years now, 70's music
    being my favorite. No band but had the pleasure long time ago.

test4echo Guest

Bass, Guitar, Drums. Right now I'm drumming.
    Figues to, I just bought a Geddy Lee Jazz and really haven't be able to use it yet...:-(

test,

steelpicker Guest

nice to see someone close to my age group. couple more show up in this forum, maybe we'll have a site band

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Hi all...

OK... You asked for it so he we go :-)

Been singing and playing guitar, mainly on my Ovation Balladeer acoustic, for many years at backyard parties.

Three years ago, me and 3 buddies formed a band and we get together and jam once a week at a local rehearsal studio.
    We've done about half a dozen gigs mainly for family and friends...

I play all kinds of music...
    Dylan, America, CCR, CSNY, The Eagles, Neil Young, Springsteen, The Stones, The Beatles...
    ...right up to some Audioslave, Foo Fighters, Green Day etc...

I picked up a few electrics since the band started; an Ibanez JS700, then a Godin Exit22, and recently added a Gibson LesPaul 2008 Standard Faded...
    I play them through a Roland VGA5 65 Watt Amp and a Line 6 Spider III 150 Watt Amp... I'm now on the lookout for a good a tube Amp :-)

I've taken over my basement and have a complete jamming with studio with an old upright Piano, a Roland Electric Piano,
    Mapex Drums and an RCF ART322A 2 x 400 Watt PA system running through a Yamaha MG12-4FX Mixer...

Now if I could only learn to play some of this stuff, lol

Lots o' fun...
    ...and you're all invited over to jam...

Okay, enough about me...
    Tell us about your axe, pianos, drums, violas, and kazoos (for Fog :-)
    What type of music do you like to play? Are you in a band?

sleddy2008 Guest

I have been playing drums for about 25 years,started when I was a teenager currently playing in a band and we gig about 3 times a month.
    I have been fortunate to play with many great musicians,but now being a family man I can't do it full time anymore as my family needs me home.I have opened for Jeff healey ,I have shared the stage with acts such as Blue rodeo, Big wreck, Hawksley Workman and Prince's band but prince himself stayed at his hotel room but his band joined us for a jam session.
    My old band members still play full time and were on the road playing for Serena Ryder.
    I currently own a dw kit and still love playing for fun,I did teach but took too much time.

I hope hear many more stories and look forward to meeting you in our forum...............
    Last edited by sleddy2008; 10-30-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 33x in 15 Posts

I'm not a musician but I would like to learn a bit. Do any of you use virtual instruments? I am trying to figure out Native Instruments.

sleddy2008 Guest

Kal,there is a program called cakewalk that has all virtual instruments and you can have a full studio in your computer to create with.Check around on the net you may find it is what you are looking for.

goonie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sleddy2008 View Post
    I have been playing drums for about 25 years,started when I was a teenager currently playing in a band and we gig about 3 times a month.
    I have been fortunate to play with many great musicians,but now being a family man I can't do it full time anymore as my family needs me home.I have opened for Jeff healey ,I have shared the stage with acts such as Blue rodeo, Big wreck, Hawksley Workman and Prince's band but prince himself stayed at his hotel room but his band joined us for a jam session.
    My old band members still play full time and were on the road playing for Serena Ryder.
    I currently own a dw kit and still love playing for fun,I did teach but took too much time.

I hope hear many more stories and look forward to meeting you in our forum...............
    YOU say you use to teach . How does someone with short fingers[myself] learn to play bar chords I have a baby finger that does not want to cooperate any hints or other chord charts to replace them? I play accoustic and sing mostly for myself and really enjoy it

sleddy2008 Guest

Hi Goonie,sorry I am a drummer not a guitar player I play a little guitar but not enough to say I am a guitar player. I am glad you asked though because I guarantee someone on here will give the proper tip to extend your fingers.

The only advice I would give you is to practice scales and go slow to keep it smooth.As you get better speed it up and even use a metronome.

Hope this helps.

steelpicker Guest

if you billboard them, they will come. i'll see if i can chart out some chord inversions that will help. the more you play (even with short fingers), your strech gets bigger, that's what it takes. in the beginning, ever one has a hard thime with barr chords.
    keep on pickin'
    Last edited by steelpicker; 10-31-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 994x in 276 Posts
    Items Sprint car
Gift received at 11-24-2012, 06:41 PM from Styx_N_Stones
Message: Your box looks a little empty... Here, you need a Sprint Cup logo!!!

Enjoy
S_N_SSome beer
Gift received at 10-01-2012, 03:33 PM from clarkBENT

WOW! look at the experience in here. This will be awesome.

I have had an acoustic that my daughter gave us, its been lying around for a few years and it was just a few months ago that I picked it up and started learning.
    I went out and got an inexpensive Jay Turser Electric guitar kit to learn with. I haven't taken any lessons but have found a wealth of information online and have done ok with it. I have yet to play an entire song but am getting the basics down.

I look forward to participation in this forum to help me learn and get better. With the level of knowlege we have in this forum I think i can start planning my tour anytime

Thanks for putting this together and thanks to the members for your participation!

2013 satFIX NASCAR Pool PLAY HERE
    NASCAR Pool RULES & REGULATIONS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast