Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all musicians

steelpicker Guest

welcome aboard! this forum is starting to remind me of my first garage band, it's about as cool, too

Priestmill Guest

Default dan999

dan999, my avatar reflects one of CSNY songs. Lol.. have a guess.

nette0404 Guest

Play musical instruments? Man,thatsone of my frustration in life

sleddy2008 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Priestmill View Post
    Would that be Dark Star?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priestmill View Post
    You got me on that one, lol...
    Is sleddy correct?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goonie View Post
    How does someone with short fingers[myself] learn to play bar chords I have a baby finger that does not want to cooperate any hints or other chord charts to replace them? I play accoustic and sing mostly for myself and really enjoy it
    Stretch your finger joints by opening you 1st and 2nd finger (like the victory sign) and press them against at the back of your fretboard...
    Do this often enough and you'll find that you get better range as time goes on... Repeat with the 2nd and 3rd, and 3rd and 4th fingers...

Until then you can always use the first 4 strings instead of doing the full barre chord...
    Example... B barred is 2 2 4 4 4 2 but you could always do 4 4 4 2 and just strum the 4 bottom strings...

Keep on 'keepin on!
    Last edited by dan9999; 11-02-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: spelling

sleddy2008 Guest

Default There must be more musicians.

Hey where is everyone,are there only a handful of us that play music?
    Don't be shy even if you play for fun.

steelpicker Guest

taylor swift, the queen of the music industry? SHE SINGS OUT OF TUNE!!!

sleddy2008 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steelpicker View Post
    taylor swift, the queen of the music industry? SHE SINGS OUT OF TUNE!!!
    Just shows you don't need that much talent to be a star,very over rated.jmo

steelpicker Guest

for the begining and intermediate guitar pickers, if you have questions ask, i've been playin' for over fifty years, played with the same band (finally retired) for 30 years, and was part of the Nashville scene for ages...i'll do what i can to steer you in the right direction.

jefflisa828 Guest

I am a guitarest mostly blues but used to play in a metal band called livid years ago. just bought a new guitar about 2 weeks ago still looking to replace my stolen 73 les paul sunburst but been playing about 20 yrs

jefflisa828 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TPB View Post
    WOW! look at the experience in here. This will be awesome.

I have had an acoustic that my daughter gave us, its been lying around for a few years and it was just a few months ago that I picked it up and started learning.
    I went out and got an inexpensive Jay Turser Electric guitar kit to learn with. I haven't taken any lessons but have found a wealth of information online and have done ok with it. I have yet to play an entire song but am getting the basics down.

I look forward to participation in this forum to help me learn and get better. With the level of knowlege we have in this forum I think i can start planning my tour anytime

Thanks for putting this together and thanks to the members for your participation!

keep it up man I broke my hand 2 yrs ago really bad and am finding I almost need to re learn. if you love it keep up the fight it only gets better good luck

also try this site they give lots of free learnin and it is cheap if you decide to pay and great instruction

hxxp://www.jamplay.com/
    Last edited by jefflisa828; 01-07-2011 at 03:03 PM.

steelpicker Guest

Welcome youngins! been playing guitar just shy of 60 years now. been playin country ( for a living up 'till 7 years ago) and blues (learned from Brownie McGee among others). i have a 52 Tele (i'm the original owner), a 57 Gibson Byrdland, a mess of Martins (newest is 1943), and some custom made flat tops by John Greven. I sold my steels about 2 years ago...keep on pickin' brothers

jefflisa828 Guest

my prized guitar was my 73 les paul made the year I was born got stolen years ago never found it bit I did find a gibson es hollow body that has a great tone for blues plays beautiful and smooth.I also have my workhorse a peavey raptor hsh wich has been tweaked and has great action and a really fast neck without sanding lol. keep rockin bros

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 40x in 11 Posts

How did I let this slide by me. They's 2 type music, music I like and music I don't like, lol. Been playing for over 30 years and still play every weekend and the name of the band is The Evil Counrty Band and for the people who don't like evil we go by 2 old men and a fatboy,lol, have been nickname Tom and fatboy, TOM is short for To Old Men. I play bass and in my early years was a self proclaimed jammin slut because when I started I would go play anywhere for any one, which has put me in some strange situtation. But it's all good,lol

well thats a little on bigge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast